I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mid to late 90s is about right. I graduated as a dietitian in ‘95 and it wasn’t explicitly recommended when I was in school, but shortly after if I recall.

Makes sense. DD was born in 1997 and I wasn't told about this. In any case I did avoid this stuff because of the nitrates (but now I don't since I buy the stuff without them). I just remember things like honey, soft cheeses and raw fish/undercooked meat (yuck). Frankly I wasn't really hungry much when I was pregnant, so it didn't really bother me.

@wendow and @amalone1013 quick question about Denver airport. If we have a layover in Denver on SW, is it likely to be relatively close gates? Easy to go from one plane to the next? The layovers are 1 or 11/2 hours which should be enough, right?

@wendow and @amalone1013 quick question about Denver airport. If we have a layover in Denver on SW, is it likely to be relatively close gates? Easy to go from one plane to the next? The layovers are 1 or 11/2 hours which should be enough, right?
Yes, SW has almost all of concourse C but you can walk it in 20 mins easily. Maybe 30 mins if you’re more sloth like in your walking. I walk fast.

Wait Johnsonville makes precooked brats? I guess I’ve never looked for cooked ones, but the Johnsonville ones common here are raw.
We get these
View attachment 458017

Are yours like this? Then they’re hot dogs and yes, well cooked is needed.
Ideally cooking to 165. Get an instant read thermometer, easy to check. Same for burgers. Ideally the cheeses to avoid are soft-ripened cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, or Mexican-style queso blanco, even if pasteurized according to some sources.
View attachment 458018
Yeah we buy the precooked ones. I grill them until they’re piping hot with cheese coming out because that’s how I like them anyway.

Paging @wendow or any other Texas experts.

Looks like circumstances are going to put me in Texas July 4th weekend - so thinking of making it a long weekend for DW and I. Specifically I have be in Houston on July 6th, but am open to options in other areas.

Looking for a nice hotel in South East Texas, perhaps even resort style hotel preferably with access to hiking and evening entertainment. We can forgo the hiking if in an area where there is lots to see and do. I have been to San Antonio before but otherwise my Texas knowledge is non-existent.

Other option is New Orleans for the weekend and drive to Houston. Any and all opinions welcome.

I don’t have any hotel suggestions besides Lost Pines (or maybe an AirBnb somewhere in Hill Country) but would agree that if you want to go hiking in Texas in July, you are better off staying somewhere in or around Austin before heading to Houston for whatever you’ve got going on on the 6th. It will still be hot as Hades, so fair warning! My mom “hikes” along our bayous and some of the parks in the suburbs but it’s not quite the same as hiking somewhere with actual topography.

If you want to avoid a 3 hr drive from Austin or San Antonio and stay in central Houston the whole weekend it looks like there are some decent Hyatts in downtown. No outdoorsy activities really but that location would give you easy access to air-conditioned activities such as going to the theatre or opera, visiting some of the museums, and trying one of our 10,000 restaurants. That’s really an authentic Houston July 4th experience - stay inside as much as possible and eat a lot of food.

YES!!! These are awesome! I buy the huge bag at Costco. I love them on salads and wraps.
I have never seen them at Costco, I’ll have to look. Aldi carries them seasonally in the summer. I always grab a few bags to stock up.
Yes, SW has almost all of concourse C but you can walk it in 20 mins easily. Maybe 30 mins if you’re more sloth like in your walking. I walk fast.
Thanks! Flight for summer vacation home open tomorrow but I see no non stops from SNA to MDW anymore so unless some magically appear we’ll be going thru DEN or PHX.

Yeah we buy the precooked ones. I grill them until they’re piping hot with cheese coming out because that’s how I like them anyway.
Oh my goodness, my kids love those...can't remember the brand, but there is one that has jalapenos and cheese :lovestruc Yeah, I'm a little obsessed with them.

That’s really an authentic Houston July 4th experience - stay inside as much as possible and eat a lot of food.

This is an authentic Houstonian experience at almost all times of the year lol! My family lives all over the Houston area and I love visiting but all we do is eat, eat and when you think there isn't anymore room, you stuff yourself silly some more. So many great restaurants there! Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Has anyone ordered sheets from Garnet Hill? I am tired of buying sheet sets where the flat sheet is too short to stay tucked in, so I am looking at a fitted Queen and a flat King... Garnet Hill is coming out a bit less expensive than similar sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond but I thought if anyone has experience with Garnet Hill sheets, it might be the people on this thread.

Barring that, does anyone have a great sheet they'd recommend that can be bought in separate pieces (not as a set)?

Has anyone ordered sheets from Garnet Hill? I am tired of buying sheet sets where the flat sheet is too short to stay tucked in, so I am looking at a fitted Queen and a flat King... Garnet Hill is coming out a bit less expensive than similar sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond but I thought if anyone has experience with Garnet Hill sheets, it might be the people on this thread.

Barring that, does anyone have a great sheet they'd recommend that can be bought in separate pieces (not as a set)?

I have, going all the way back to when I bought some for DD's crib, so over 20 years ago. I have bought some for us since then, too. The ones I have are really very nice and well made. They started out just selling bedding and later added in clothing. Hope this helps.

I have, going all the way back to when I bought some for DD's crib, so over 20 years ago. I have bought some for us since then, too. The ones I have are really very nice and well made. They started out just selling bedding and later added in clothing. Hope this helps.
It does; thank you!

My sister has but I think it was Eileen Fisher not their brand. Their customer service is amazing so if you aren't happy, they will make it right.

Was so excited that I got an email my dishwasher arrived at store. Go to Lowe’s to pick it up and after 20 minutes they come out and say it is damaged. Wahhhhh. But I can order you a new one and have it here in 2 weeks. What???? $&#%£%#. Am not waiting anymore. Grrrr. So he says come back and I’ll help you pick out a new one. Dude, do you have any idea how long this one took for me to pick out?? So I looked at several and they all take 2 weeks to come in. Seriously, why don’t they have anything in stock??? Finally went with a Maytag. Maybe even the one I picked originally, who knows, it has been so long and I looked at so many. Even that one was not in stock but he said hopefully 3-7 days. Grrrrrr. It was $200 less than Bosch. Hopefully it lasts till we sell this house.
Well maybe you dodged a bullet. I went from a Maytag to Bosch after memorizing Consumer Reports, creating a spreadsheet for features and reviews and an eternity of waffling between the options... and hated it lol. I will likely never trust any Consumer Report publications again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter