I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the flight I need is just outside of Southwest's planned schedule drop this morning. :rolleyes2
That said, I tried to get presale tickets to the Def Leppard/Motley show for 5 of us at Wrigley Field and I kept striking out. Until I was able to pull appalling expensive seats, so I threw them back. Will try again during general on sale Friday.

I'm too cheap for the price of concerts these days. *Shakes fist at clouds.*

Well maybe you dodged a bullet. I went from a Maytag to Bosch after memorizing Consumer Reports, creating a spreadsheet for features and reviews and an eternity of waffling between the options... and hated it lol. I will likely never trust any Consumer Report publications again.

Where were you 100 pages ago when everyone told me to get a Bosch? lol I didn't like the price and I was really worried about the loading ability of the Bosch. My mom has one and I hate loading it, the dishes just don't fit right. But everyone here convinced me to get a Bosch. lol This Maytag is nice and simple with evenly spaced rows all around just like the one I have now.

I don’t have any hotel suggestions besides Lost Pines (or maybe an AirBnb somewhere in Hill Country) but would agree that if you want to go hiking in Texas in July, you are better off staying somewhere in or around Austin before heading to Houston for whatever you’ve got going on on the 6th. It will still be hot as Hades, so fair warning! My mom “hikes” along our bayous and some of the parks in the suburbs but it’s not quite the same as hiking somewhere with actual topography.

If you want to avoid a 3 hr drive from Austin or San Antonio and stay in central Houston the whole weekend it looks like there are some decent Hyatts in downtown. No outdoorsy activities really but that location would give you easy access to air-conditioned activities such as going to the theatre or opera, visiting some of the museums, and trying one of our 10,000 restaurants. That’s really an authentic Houston July 4th experience - stay inside as much as possible and eat a lot of food.

OK - message received loud and clear - I have made a tentative reservation at Lost Pines while they still have points awards available.

As for hiking in the heat - we were hiking in Phoenix and Sedona last 4th July weekend so getting out on the trails before 7am to avoid the worst of the heat is something we can do. Is the heat in the Austin area likely to be more oppressive than Phoenix?

Where were you 100 pages ago when everyone told me to get a Bosch? lol I didn't like the price and I was really worried about the loading ability of the Bosch. My mom has one and I hate loading it, the dishes just don't fit right. But everyone here convinced me to get a Bosch. lol This Maytag is nice and simple with evenly spaced rows all around just like the one I have now.
We also had a Bosch that we hated, but when we replaced it the install guy for the new Kitchenaid machine said it wasn;t installed correctly, so I can;t say if it was Bosch or the install that was bad for us.

Its not sitting in CO is it?? My FedEx package was supposed to be here Sunday, then it was bumped to Wed now it was bumped to Thur by midnight... Wondering if they are having a massive storm for the past four days??
No weather here in Co since the weekend of Thanksgiving really. Funny I had a ups package sit for a week before they transferred to post office to deliver. Frustrating. Saw they ran a story on the news out here about it but of course ups just says volume and storms around country. But.... there are no storms and you are 25 miles from me...

No weather here in Co since the weekend of Thanksgiving really. Funny I had a ups package sit for a week before they transferred to post office to deliver. Frustrating. Saw they ran a story on the news out here about it but of course ups just says volume and storms around country. But.... there are no storms and you are 25 miles from me...

It arrived in "HENDERSON, CO" late Sat night and has not moved since. It was supposed to already be here. Each day it just gets bumped to the next day. Going to have to call today and see what happened.

It’s that darn RotR thread. It’s just been an obsession for me recently and has totally distracted me from my duties here!!!

“His Benevolency” has clearly failed you all. I will get thee to the shunnery posthaste.

Wait, maybe I'm imagining it but I thought I saw you post the reminder just a few days ago here - I rarely read any other SW thread.

OK - message received loud and clear - I have made a tentative reservation at Lost Pines while they still have points awards available.

As for hiking in the heat - we were hiking in Phoenix and Sedona last 4th July weekend so getting out on the trails before 7am to avoid the worst of the heat is something we can do. Is the heat in the Austin area likely to be more oppressive than Phoenix?

likely yes but shouldn’t be as horrible as Houston

Austin has ‘low humidity’ when compared to much of the rest of Texas. However, it’s not a low humidity climate like Phoenix. So, yes, the heat will probably be more oppressive than Phoenix but your plan to get up early for outdoor activities is good. Be inside or in a pool by main part of the day.

We’re back in TX every other July (also usually over the 4th). My mom lives on a lake so that’s how we survive our days. Any hiking or fishing is done very early. Use bug spray!!

It arrived in "HENDERSON, CO" late Sat night and has not moved since. It was supposed to already be here. Each day it just gets bumped to the next day. Going to have to call today and see what happened.
@amalone1013 is right. We’ve not had any disruptive weather since before thanksgiving. Something else must be going on.

Of course the flight I need is just outside of Southwest's planned schedule drop this morning. :rolleyes2
That said, I tried to get presale tickets to the Def Leppard/Motley show for 5 of us at Wrigley Field and I kept striking out. Until I was able to pull appalling expensive seats, so I threw them back. Will try again during general on sale Friday.

I'm too cheap for the price of concerts these days. *Shakes fist at clouds.*
Wrigley is a great place to see a concert! If you aren't looking for expensive seats, try calling the Cubs directly and get the first row of the upper deck on the 1st or 3rd base side. Of course, you're far away from the stage but the sound is good and the jumbotrons are good.

Does your mom’s have the third tier? Mine only has two and I know a few others mentioned that as well. It’s no different than loading any other dishwasher I’ve ever had. It’s also the cheapest Bosch so that worked well for me too lol.
I’m not really a Maytag fan. I bought a Maytag washer and dryer when we bought this house back in 2013. I despise the washer. I can’t buy a new one while this one is working but I look forward to the day it breaks :P
It sounds like this Maytag is a better fit for what you want so I hope it works well and lasts til you sell the house!

A question about canceling Barclays: do I need to worry about closing a card (that I've had for a year+) after accepting a spending bonus? I know that accepting a retention offer from AmEx (and maybe Chase?) means that you shouldn't cancel the card within the next year. But does a Barclay spending bonus work the same way? I downgraded to the no-fee rewards card in July and also accepted a spending bonus (a very measly one but a bonus nonetheless) and now I'm wondering if it's okay to cancel the card.

Also, I'm looking at the list of cards on the Barclay website and I'm only seeing co-branded cards and not the Arrival Plus (or whatever it was called). Did I miss that this card was discontinued? I had downgraded to the no-fee card with the thought of keeping a relationship with Barclay and possibly putting some spend on the card in anticipation of getting a second Arrival Plus but it looks like that plan is no longer an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter