I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH gets stressed (and so do I) when we are planning more than one trip at a time.

I completely understand...DH is always about 3 (or 4 or 5) trips behind since I have to just let him focus on the next one, lol. I, OTOH, am the opposite and stress if I don't have trips (even just roughly) sketched out for a couple of years...which is why I'm soliciting other peoples' ideas for 2021 😁

I completely understand...DH is always about 3 (or 4 or 5) trips behind since I have to just let him focus on the next one, lol. I, OTOH, am the opposite and stress if I don't have trips (even just roughly) sketched out for a couple of years...which is why I'm soliciting other peoples' ideas for 2021 😁

Same here! I'm unhappy if I see 3 or less trips under upcoming in my Tripit. :) My DH though, doesn't even know where we're going when we're ON the trip. We were chatting with the waitress while having lunch in Oban. She asked him where are we off to next. He had no clue - "ask my wife" (Edinburgh). As we were leaving, she said to him "have fun on your mystery trip". 😆

I have 2 Chase business cards in one login. I’m still working on MSR for one of them. I don’t see offers on that one but I have the 7 offers on the older card. Anyone else experiencing the same thing with a card they are still meeting MSR on? I thought I saw offers on both last week but they are definitely not there now.

I'm working on a SW biz card, and it has offers. But, they just showed up yesterday, when I could finally access all the offers on my Android phone without crashing the app. Maybe they will roll out later on that card, or they will magically reappear.

So I think I’m signed up for both because when I log in it says “Online Banking” and I don’t think you can access anything online without signing up. Under mobile banking it lists my “Enrolled Mobile Device” so I think that’s good too.

Thanks for the info. How long after you met requirements did your bonus post?

It took about 3 weeks after my last debit card transaction for the bonus to post. On DoC, a lot of people reported the bonus posting on the same day, so they might roll it out in batches. FYI, I only kept the full $2500 in the account for a few days.

Nah. This is all too common. Reference Barcray-cray and Citi. In healthcare, electronic medical records are used everywhere and let me tell you, IT there sucks as well. Not at all user friendly and not developed by people who understand what the users actually need. (For instance today I found out that an order for “Dietitian to manage tubefeeding” shows up in nursing orders for nurses to see and never shows up in the Dietitian orders.). Apparently these companies just let IT run amuck and don’t care or they hire ridiculously incompetent IT and don’t care. Either way consumers lose.

I used to work for a company that did electronic medical records. I wasn't in IT, but I heard this complaint all the time anyway. :) I think it's a mix of different problems. As you said, the programmers aren't always aware of the user's needs- some EMR companies address this better than others, but I don't think any of them truly do this well. The laws on billing, recording, and electronic medial records also change all the time, and including updates to comply with the law can make the usability problem worse. Putting all that complexity into a format that is easy for users to access is hard, even if the IT people know what they're doing. I left this company years ago, but I still observe how doctors, nurses, therapists, and other practitioners use and and like their different programs. Everyone hates them. Good thing I found another industry, lol.

Same here! I'm unhappy if I see 3 or less trips under upcoming in my Tripit. :) My DH though, doesn't even know where we're going when we're ON the trip. We were chatting with the waitress while having lunch in Oban. She asked him where are we off to next. He had no clue - "ask my wife" (Edinburgh). As we were leaving, she said to him "have fun on your mystery trip". 😆

We're either married to the same person or brothers. :rotfl:

There might be hope for my bonus. I found on DOC, the $2500 has to be in the account by 20 Business days from opening. I opened the account Oct. 21.
If I start counting with the 21st - TODAY is the 20th day! I’m heading to chase with cash to deposit.
Does Veterans Day count as a business day? If not, I have until Monday, but still going today to make a deposit. 🤞🏻 Wish me luck!

What a relief!!! I talked to some bankers in the Chase branch while I was making my deposit and they said it should still be eligible for the bonus. They confirmed that today (because of Veterans' day) is the 19th business day since I opened the account.
I added the necessary funds in cash and my account is back to where it needs to be to meet the requirements for the bonus. I'll have to wait an additional 19 business days - but, hey, I'm not going to complain.
After messing up on the 20,000 points from the support link, losing $500 in a bank bonus was going to be really tough. So, so relieved I caught it just in the nick of time. Thanks for the sympathy when I thought it was lost!

10/25..... sooo looks like bad timing, if AF is due 11/22,then it won't close till after that,ao no anniversary points if we close to avoid the AF?
Wait...if your statement closed on 10/25, didn't your AF post on 11/1? So then your AF won't be due until your NEXT statement closes. Now if your AF posted on 10/1, I'm really confused. Are you sure you're looking at this correctly? Something doesn't seem to add up here.

Do you know the date you originally applied for this card? Has it ever been upgraded or downgraded at any point?

TGIF question:
Do you have travel plans in 2020? If so, to where?

What about farther out-2021 and beyond?

For me:

Feb/Mar-Viking Australia/NZ cruise

July-Scotland, Slovenia and Croatia bday trip

August-DH's Baltic cruise bday trip

Oct-quick Bahamas cruise for DM bday (also her grand slam cruise)

Sadly, nothing planned yet for 2021 or beyond-I suspect we might book another Viking (ocean) cruise in Feb if we enjoy our experience.

April - So Cal (Disneyland + Baseball Games to get DH on board)

July - Land/ Sea Alaskan Cruise on RCCL with a couple extra days in Vancouver before we leave on the cruise.

Oct/Nov - Hopefully NYC for the marathon, if not, maybe WDW for Wine and Dine 1/2

Feb - WDW (The trip that prompted my CC journey!)

June - White Mountains, NH

Nov - Hopefully NYC for the marathon (this will be pretty standard fall plans until I get in through the lottery or decide to sell a kidney to raise enough money to run with a charity)

Everyone's trips sound amazing. We just got passports over the summer for our cruise next year, and now I feel like I should be looking at some more international destinations!

I'm definitely heading to the crying corner now. I've just realized I messed up the Chase Business Checking bonus. Ugh! I was looking at my account and realized I've dipped below the required "minimum balance of $2500 for 60 days", by $100.

This happened to my husband's business account. He still got the bonus because they said it was an average balance of $2500 for each month. So I put some additional money into the account and left it parked. In the end, the bonus did post.

I love seeing all the trips planned! So exciting and adventurous. We're lucky if we book a trip 30 days in advance due to my DH's work schedule. My youngest daughter is graduating HS in May so we can finally leave Orlando. I know that sounds funny to most of you, but living here the last 10 years is SO different from vacationing here! We are hoping to build our beach house in 30A (FL). My son loves the water, so we cant wait. I will be living vicariously through all your plans and just keeping our WDW day trips and DCL trips for our son. Any pixie dust any one can share will be much appreciated:)))

TGIF question:

March - 1 week at Joshua Tree NP, Death Valley NP and Valley of Fire SP (SW RR + CP for flights; Free IHG night in Vegas, URs for Death Valley, OOP with a low AAA rate in Joshua Tree)
July - 1.5 weeks at Glacier NP (Delta on points, OOP in park hotels, Free Marriott night + points for Whitefish)
September - 1 week Rocky Mountain NP for the Elk Rut (no reservations yet. Will use SW RR + CP for flights)
October - ? days Seattle (will be there for conference. not sure if I will spend additional leisure days or not. Flights on company dime!)

2021 high level plans
January - finally Hawaii
July or August - Alaskan cruise

March-Zion/Bryce National Parks, maybe Grand Canyon, and a few days in Vegas
That sounds like a great trip - enjoy!

TGIF question:

For me:

Feb/Mar-Viking Australia/NZ cruise

July-Scotland, Slovenia and Croatia bday trip

August-DH's Baltic cruise bday trip

Oct-quick Bahamas cruise for DM bday (also her grand slam cruise)

Sadly, nothing planned yet for 2021 or beyond-I suspect we might book another Viking (ocean) cruise in Feb if we enjoy our experience.

Sound like fun trips!

January/February WDW for FotA

March we will go to NYC with my niece to see Beetlejuice as her Christmas present.

April WDW for F&G

We will be staying for a long weekend in May at the Vero Beach DVC for the first time.

July will be doing an Aulani and DLR combo trip

September we will visit both countries of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Also spending several nights at Ashford Castle! Can’t wait!

October/ November F&W

December/January we will be going to Africa to cross off our last continent. It will be a 2 week stay completely wrapped around a one night stay at Giraffe Manor.

2021 isn’t completely decided yet.

Quick question to make sure I understand my spending timeline correctly & I don't mess up my SW CP...
My statements for the performance Biz card close on the 13th of the month, so as long as I don't hit the MSR on that card until after December 13th, I'm fine, correct? The SUB will post once my January statement closes?

TGIF question:

DH and I sat down a few weeks ago when we were deciding on purchasing the additional 50 DVC points to make a 5-year travel plan. This is what we came up with. There is a gap in travel in late 2020 until mid-2021 in case we have another baby. We also go to Toronto and Texas each year to visit family, but I didn't include that in the overall plans.

2020:

April 2020 - European cruise to Barcelona, Nice, Rome, Florence and Cinque Terra

Beyond:

May 2021 - Williamsburg, VA

Sept. 2021- Hawaii

2022 - 2-3 WDW trips

Spring 2023 - British Isles

Summer 2023 - Tetons/Glacier NPs

2024 - 2-3 WDW trips

Mine too! He'll discuss vacations with people and have the general idea but call me when people want to know specifics, including while we're on the trip.
Any question that starts with where, what, or when is generally answered, "I'm not sure, you'll have to ask the wife. I'm just the wallet, I just show up when I'm told."

That's awesome though, I think I'll start calling them his mystery trips 😆

I'm planning a trip this summer to Prague, Vienna and Budapest, but I should have enough Marriott points to cover all or most of my hotels (around 400K-thank you travelling husband). I haven't booked any hotels yet-I have to get on that, if I can get DH to focus. I first have to decide how many nights to spend in each city. Why did you decide on 4 nights in Prague? I was thinking, I could do it quite well in 3. Can you do a business Marriott Amex?
I think will just do 3 and then 2 in Copenhagen. Our cruise leaves out of Copenhagen. Flight from PRG to CPH is 40 dollars on Czech air no reason in using points for that.
I have the Marriott Biz I used my points on AA. It would have cost me 800 Dollars to buy the additional 30k points for our flight home. My citi points posted yesterday. I’m still short 10k points for ‘‘tis flight but I’ll buy those. It’s worth it. It’s hard to find Biz saver awards on AA.

Quick question to make sure I understand my spending timeline correctly & I don't mess up my SW CP...
My statements for the performance Biz card close on the 13th of the month, so as long as I don't hit the MSR on that card until after December 13th, I'm fine, correct? The SUB will post once my January statement closes?
That is correct. Some people like to be Ultra Safe and wait until Jan 1 to meet the MSR but that is unnecessary.

March - 1 week at Joshua Tree NP, Death Valley NP and Valley of Fire SP (SW RR + CP for flights; Free IHG night in Vegas, URs for Death Valley, OOP with a low AAA rate in Joshua Tree)
July - 1.5 weeks at Glacier NP (Delta on points, OOP in park hotels, Free Marriott night + points for Whitefish)
September - 1 week Rocky Mountain NP for the Elk Rut (no reservations yet. Will use SW RR + CP for flights)
October - ? days Seattle (will be there for conference. not sure if I will spend additional leisure days or not. Flights on company dime!)

2021 high level plans
January - finally Hawaii
July or August - Alaskan cruise

That sounds like a great trip - enjoy!
Thanks, you too! I know you're a big fan of NP too. I'm really not a Vegas person so we'll just hit some highlights and hopefully it will be warm enough for some pool time. I can't remember, is this your second try going to Glacier? First one cancelled because of fires? Enjoy! We went a few years ago...so pretty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!