I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH received a text this morning from Chase asking if we used his IHG card today at the Hotel Indigo we’re staying at in Venice next June. I checked my email and this is regarding the night I reserved there with our free night certificate from the IHG card anniversary. So there shouldn’t be any charges for this night. Is this just an authorization hold? The text from Chase said it was a $280 charge. Should we let the charge go through? I emailed the hotel but haven’t heard back. Not sure if this is past their business hours or not.

Mefordis cards:

Husband cards:

1 12/17 - BARCLAYS JetBlue Personal
2 01/18 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred
3 01/18 - CHASE Sapphire Reserve
03/18 - AMEX SPG Business*
4 05/18 - CHASE Marriott Personal
08/18 - CHASE Ink Preferred Business*
5 11/18 - CHASE United Personal

05/18/12 AMEX EveryDay
I'm not sure how he's 5/24 unless a card was missed. It looks like he's 4/24...

Now I don't feel so bad for miscounting. lol

DH received a text this morning from Chase asking if we used his IHG card today at the Hotel Indigo we’re staying at in Venice next June. I checked my email and this is regarding the night I reserved there with our free night certificate from the IHG card anniversary. So there shouldn’t be any charges for this night. Is this just an authorization hold? The text from Chase said it was a $280 charge. Should we let the charge go through? I emailed the hotel but haven’t heard back. Not sure if this is past their business hours or not.

What is the actual price of the room you booked with the free night cert? I've used a lot of IHG free nights and never had any charge, not even an authorization in advance of a reservation.

Now I don't feel so bad for miscounting. lol
Oh - now I realize that I wasn't even looking at the husband's list. I was looking at the upper list assuming we were talking about that player going for CIP2. P1 should go for CIP2 and in Nov and P2 should do it in Dec... At any rate, I'm sort of skimming some of these comments and it's difficult to pick everything up clearly due to some of the inconsistent formatting (mm/dd/yy vs mm/yy in the same comment??) Your recommendations were good given what we know.

I shouldn't speak unless I'm going to actually stop and read and attempt to dissect the info :lmao:

Last edited:

What is the actual price of the room you booked with the free night cert? I've used a lot of IHG free nights and never had any charge, not even an authorization in advance of a reservation.

It’s within a dollar of the refundable rate for one night.

Just perusing my Chase account to see if my Staples offers had credited yet.

Got 3 offers in 'just for you'. One is for the CIP and the other is for Chase Ink Business Unlimited and then a $300 business checking offer.

These are the green starred offers.

Do these bypass 5/24????

Just an FYI for anyone on the fence of doing a Delta Vaction deal. I have on hold a July vacation now after booking earlier last week our Spring break. I will probably book July (and just pay for the insurance in case want to cancel) but I learned two things. First, you can change your resort and that part of the package anytime up until 30 days before the trip. (Which is when the balance if any is due). Only airfare is not changeable. Second, you can call and make payments. On my spring break trip I didn’t want to use all miles so owe about $1000. It did code as travel on the CSR. (Hello, $300 travel reimbursement). Today I put another $100 down on my Arrival Plus. If it codes as travel as well I figure I can pay for the trips with no/minimal out of pocket cost.
thats good to know, I like that you can change the resort part. I like the calling in for payments part.
I'm really considering booking a Delta package. I may consider one for Jan OR my dd17 may be performing in the CP in December. She's stay with her choir at a value so we'd need a room for 5. I want to book one airfare for my dd19. She might actually take the flight lol but probably not cause the options from DEN stink something awful. Most likely, I would book one flight and a room that would sleep 5 and then call Disney wholesale to add us all (minus dd who is singing...). AND then we'd all fly SW. Is there any problem not showing up for a flight? People miss flights all the time so I can't imagine this is a huge issue.
I would price out flights vs getting the travel insurance (which I think is $150 for a reservation for one person)

For a flight look at CLT-MCO or ATL-MCO, those seem to be the cheapest routes and since your not taking the flight who cares if you show up.
I think the better bet would be to book the package at the price for one person, one room and eat the cancelation fee. Then you will get a voucher in the amount of the room/flight (minus the fee but that will be also at 2cpp/mile) Then use the voucher to book the room you want, with everyone in it. I was playing around a bit and the hotel/car option doesnt require you to get car. You can pick DME for free. Then you could use the voucher toward that booking eliminating some of the headache of not showing up for flight or adding everyone to the room. I just need to price out if Delta upcharges for more per room and I"ll get back to you!
Ooooh sounds exciting :D Good Luck!!

Oh Hey - it's September guys!! I am 0/24 now... All the way back from 31/24! What a ride it has been :D During those 2 years I still got 8 biz cards and between my wife and I we got 20 cards total (18 biz and just my wife's Sapphire DD on the personal side). So I'm 0/24, she's 2/24 and the churning world is our oyster!!
What's next?

What's next?
CIP3 for each of us and AA Biz cards until that goes away. Will continue to monitor the situation and make a call on CIP4 then in early 2020. I can do a MDD in March 2020. I'm honestly trying to stay laser focused on those 2 which should leave us lots of other options if these loopholes get shutdown.

Got 3 offers in 'just for you'. One is for the CIP and the other is for Chase Ink Business Unlimited and then a $300 business checking offer.

Do these bypass 5/24????
From what I have read...only the black star offers bypass 5/24

Do these bypass 5/24????
From what I have read...only the black star offers bypass 5/24
Are we possibly talking about the same thing? Green Check Mark "Just for you" leading to a screen with the "Black Starred" offers?

Much more detail on that here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bypa...ss-cards-with-black-star-just-for-you-offers/

I think that yes you are seeing the offers that bypass 5/24 but I'd research a bit more or post some screenshots before going for it...

Grrr, thanks. Can I just say I don't like this card very much? They make it very difficult to bring the total number of miles close to zero to cancel. Can't imagine why lol. I knew I would leave my last 5% bonus behind but didn't want to leave more than that.

I remember wanting to keep the Arrival for the chip and PIN but not wanting to pay the AF so I called and PCd it to a regular Arrival (not advertised anymore). Is that a possibility? It keeps the rewards open, albeit at a slightly different redemption rate and you have a chip and PIN card, too. I did this abuot 18 months ago which is a lifetime in bank/cc history but it could be an option.

I have been away from the board for a good while. I am a football broadcaster as well and football season is kicking my butt right now. I will say, this is the most unique hurricane in some ways that I have seen.

Trying to plan a trip to London next summer, so I will be back on a good bit looking for advice soon!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
💜🏈💜

CIP3 for each of us and AA Biz cards until that goes away. Will continue to monitor the situation and make a call on CIP4 then in early 2020. I can do a MDD in March 2020. I'm honestly trying to stay laser focused on those 2 which should leave us lots of other options if these loopholes get shutdown.
Good plan. We are up for CIP4 x2 next month but I'm totally gunshy.

Hey all:

We're headed to Orlando and staying at Sapphire Falls 12th-16th doing Universal. Then Headed down to DVC Vero Beach from 16-18th. Then headed back and staying at Animal Kingdom on the 18th-19th.

Originally, I was going to fly back MCO-DAL, but with our Diamond Caesar's I thought I'd check to see what flights were to head to the Bahamas/Atlantis instead about 4 months ago. Turns out, it was only a ~200 point difference/person on SW to fly MCO-FLL-NAS NAS-DAL as it did MCO-DAL when we booked it. Didn't really want to go to the Bahamas, but as the cheapest man on the planet, I can't turn down free.

Clearly, now with the hurricane, things changed.
We're still going to head down to Nassau, but wanted to help with hurricane relief instead and just use the hotel as a base.

We helped when Houston got hit, and it was all very organized and simple. This isn't turning out to be the case (obviously) in the Bahamas.

Any suggestions from anyone who has done anything similar on a group to hook up with? I'd like a way for our young kids to be involved somehow (6 and 10)- so if that means coloring with other kids there or just playing with them, my wife can head to do that while I help with more physical aspects.

Also - going to go ahead and bring 8 checked bags (since we can) full of items. Outside of clothes, anything else? Anything I'm just not thinking of?

Work has me slammed today, so I won't be able to do a ton of research so thought I'd get yall's input before digging into it in the next few days.

Will continue to monitor the situation and make a call on CIP4 then in early 2020.
I'm here now... DH is ready, technically, I realized this morning...

He is 3/24, technically 7/24 including Chase Biz cards. 2 open CIPs and a SW biz.

05/18 CIP 1, closed 6/19
08/18 Bonvoy Brilliant
10/18 SW Biz
11/18 SW Priority
03/19 CIP 2
06/19 CIP 3
06/19 AMEX Plat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter