I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a terrific time! It's my last day also before we head to Universal for the week tomorrow. And I'll admit that I have yet to pack :)
How is your back doing?
If you are like me and had a mini-heart attack when receiving a confirmation of transfer of Marriott points email, don't be immediately alarmed - this was the email confirmation of a transfer I sent to DW several months ago and totally forgot about it.

YOU SHARED POINTS​
..., you recently shared points from your Marriott Bonvoy™ account.​
Here are the details:​
•​
Number of points: 17000​
•​
From account number: XXXXXXXXX​
If you didn't request this transfer, please contact Member Support, and be sure to change your password in your Member Profile.​

Bonvoyed!
DH got the same email this morning. It was probably two months ago that I transferred 100k from his account to mine. OY, BONVOY!

My Amex Biz Plat AF just posted and I'm going to cancel the card. The fee posted on 8/12 and that's when my statement closed. My payment is due on 8/27. Is it correct that I can pay the rest of the balance and then cancel it after 8/27, like the first week of September?

If you are like me and had a mini-heart attack when receiving a confirmation of transfer of Marriott points email, don't be immediately alarmed - this was the email confirmation of a transfer I sent to DW several months ago and totally forgot about it.

YOU SHARED POINTS​
•​
•​
If you didn't request this transfer, please contact Member Support, and be sure to change your password in your Member Profile.​

Bonvoyed!
I got this same email and did freak out just a little when I saw the subject line until I realized what it was.

You're planning Hawaii for around Christmas, right? Be careful if you plan on using points/free certs for your hotels. We are going this Christmas/New Year's and we ran into the problem of hotels requiring minimum stays or no points availability during that time. We were hoping to use one of our free night certs at the Grand Wailea but there was no availability to book for one night. I even called Hilton and they couldn't help me book it even though we were combining it with an additional 5 nights. A lot of Hiltons are requiring at least a 4 or 5 night stay. I've been poking around the Marriott site as well and noticed very limited availability with them too. So, I guess the takeaway is to book your hotels there as early as you can and plan on using points instead of free certs. It does seem like Hilton Hawaiian Village always has availability though.

Also, I'm wondering if the timeshare offers will allow you to book during that period or if it's also blacked out. Something to consider.

Thank you! Yes, planning to fly out a couple days after Christmas most likely, but will be there for NYE. I doubt we'll use a free night cert for Hawaii as we're planning to use those for Japan next year, but I'm definitely hoping to use points if I don't get a good timeshare offer. I'm fine with a four or five night stay on the second island we go too, so hopefully I can find some availability. I have a decent stash of Marriott points and want to build up my Hyatt stash some more to give me several options.

I don't know about Hilton's timeshare offers, but I know that for Sheraton they don't blackout their dates but will charge you an extra $25/night "hot rate" for big dates. I know that sometimes you can call and convince them to waive that fee though. If I could get one like $629 Kauai offer I got recently, I would probably be willing to pay the extra for the hot rate as long as I can get our Honolulu stay on points and our flights free.

You're planning Hawaii for around Christmas, right? Be careful if you plan on using points/free certs for your hotels. We are going this Christmas/New Year's and we ran into the problem of hotels requiring minimum stays or no points availability during that time. We were hoping to use one of our free night certs at the Grand Wailea but there was no availability to book for one night. I even called Hilton and they couldn't help me book it even though we were combining it with an additional 5 nights. A lot of Hiltons are requiring at least a 4 or 5 night stay. I've been poking around the Marriott site as well and noticed very limited availability with them too. So, I guess the takeaway is to book your hotels there as early as you can and plan on using points instead of free certs. It does seem like Hilton Hawaiian Village always has availability though.

Also, I'm wondering if the timeshare offers will allow you to book during that period or if it's also blacked out. Something to consider.

Also, can't remember where you're located, but what are you doing for flights out there? Were you able to find decent award availability? I'm actually still seeing award availability for certain dates with United for this Christmas/NYE for our airport, but no Saver rates (obviously).

I’m sure most know but since we have some new DVC members I thought I’d post the link. Real time status and alerts of washers and dryers at Disney are available online. It’s the little things...

Edited to add. Sorry for sideways pic. The way to fix it (at least on iPhone) is to go into the picture, rotate it (doesn’t matter which way) and save it. Then go back and edit and rotate it back to normal. Then upload. For some reason that works on my phone. Too lazy to do for this pic though.

View attachment 425673

I thought you were going to let them know that laundry is free at DVC resorts so we all go home with clean clothes.

Why can the CCs not send the payment reminder emails if you are already have the payment scheduled? If no payment scheduled = send email reminder else send no email. So silly. I don't need a reminder for something I have already done.

Especially if you are me and can't remember if you did make the payment and then have to go look.

I find it ironic that some of you use PNC for high yield savings. PNC is my primary bank, my checking account has been with them for over 20 years, but I don't use their savings. I keep mine in a money market at Vanguard, just checked and it is currently paying 2.17%.
I think the PNC rates are different whether you have local offices or not. Because when I look for my area, I would need over $100k to get 2.0%.

My new Citi AA Biz #2 arrived in the mail the other day and I got it all set up in a new account on the first try! Yay! Anyone know how the MSR timeframe is calculated for AA biz cards? From date of application or date of approval? I had a month in between those dates, so it'll make a big difference in timing for me hitting MSR.

Hallelujah! Finally got our magic band order to work. That was such a frustrating process! Why do they show bands that they say are sold out after you click on them or go to check out? :badpc::badpc::badpc: I actually still have a $1 pending charge on my Amex for the first order that I tried to do that didn't go through. Pretty excited about the actual bands though - I got the HM (with black and purple designs), my mom got the Minnie bow and polka dot, and my uncle got Goofy, which is his favorite character.

Is it normal that we have to pick them up at the hotel instead of having them shipped to my home? I've never had that before.

How is your back doing?

Thanks for asking! It is still very painful. I broke down and purchased a heating pad at Walmart this morning since I was tired of taking baths. Plus I can pack it with me for the trip. I was hoping to get a massage today but alas my day is jammed pack with work plus actual packing. My boss did let me telework today so it helped not having to drive an hour into the office. Luckily, our first few days are more pool days than park days since my mom is with us until Sun. So lounging by the pool with a cocktail in hand should be manageable :)

Why can the CCs not send the payment reminder emails if you are already have the payment scheduled? If no payment scheduled = send email reminder else send no email. So silly. I don't need a reminder for something I have already done.

Especially if you are me and can't remember if you did make the payment and then have to go look.

YOU SHARED POINTS​
•​
•​

Bonvoyed!

I got that email sometime before noon. I only had a heart attack when the rep on the phone told me not to use the email to link to my account! Lol....I already had done just that and was trying to change my password while waiting for them to answer.

While we are on the phone she got word that it was indeed a Marriott email sent out in error to anyone who had transferred points.

Believe it or not, I was fairly certain that this was an email regarding my points transfer of 90K to my daughter last year, so I wasn't overly concerned, plus my account looked fine. Points transfers are instantaneous, so if it had been a scam, the points would have already been gone, and they would have had to open a case for you.

I’m sure most know but since we have some new DVC members I thought I’d post the link. Real time status and alerts of washers and dryers at Disney are available online. It’s the little things...

Edited to add. Sorry for sideways pic. The way to fix it (at least on iPhone) is to go into the picture, rotate it (doesn’t matter which way) and save it. Then go back and edit and rotate it back to normal. Then upload. For some reason that works on my phone. Too lazy to do for this pic though.

View attachment 425673
And campers :) I do so much laundry at the campground especially in the summer when the rain pops up and drenches all our towels and swimsuits drying outside. Love the real time info!
ETA: Wait, just read further...DVC folks get free laundry? That right there should be at the top of the promo materials! :cool1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter