I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the CIP in February (automatic approval) with a $5k credit limit. I just got an email from Chase that my limit has been increased to $8500 (I didn’t request the increase, they just gave it to me). Any thoughts on whether that’s good or bad in terms of future applications? I’m planning to apply for the SW personal and business cards in January/February 2020. Thanks!!

If you don’t need the increase you can SM Chase to reduce the CL to whatever you would like.

For future applications Chase looks at the credit they have given you in total on business and personal cards...if you are close to 50% of household income or near $75k they my not give you more.

Personally I reduce CLs and keep mine at 15- 20% of household income to increase the chances of an automatic approval

CDG is, in my DD's words, "the 5th ring of he!!." I need to remember why it's worth the extra taxes and fees to fly through AMS when booking Flying Blue in the future. It really does stink (literally and figuratively).

LOL. I totally agree on this one. We were at CDG last summer for 4+ hours and even with the use of the AF lounge it was abysmally hot and crowded and just awful.

LOL. I totally agree on this one. We were at CDG last summer for 4+ hours and even with the use of the AF lounge it was abysmally hot and crowded and just awful.

So true! Hopefully my flight in Oct will be the last time I have to endure CDG for a looong time. I just have to remember the misery when I'm booking 😁

Wells Fargo $400 posted with Ally ACHs (pushed from Ally). Bonuses seem to post Wed after fulfilling the requirements. As always you never know when this might change.
4/22 opened
5/29 $3001
6/18 $3001
7/1 $3001
7/3 $400 bonus
@disneymagicgirl @Nick6300 @StephPlum

No luck for mine today. I've been pushing ACHs from Barclays but the July transfer just posted yesterday. With my other WF account the bonus posted on a Thursday, two days after my last transfer. Unfortunately I suspect the holiday may delay mine a bit, otherwise I'd be expecting it tomorrow.

I saw a slinky fp for today at 2. Too bad that won’t work for us lol
At least you're in the right state! I've been checking at certain times of day to see if the information about same day FPs posted on dischurners is working, and it has been (thanks again @marsh0013)! So for the past few days I've gotten them for FOP, SDD, and a few at Epcot. I get so excited and then realize I need to cancel them since I'm nowhere near WDW.

Concur with @AmyAnne . As a personal opinion I feel closed loop gift cards like Disney shouldn't be counted against you, but it's harder to explain away open loop cards like V/MC when the terms of the bonus specifically call out no gift cards (for which technically they could count Disney as, but it's stupid, but it's AmEx so I'd just be careful).

Since we've been talking about L3 data lately I made myself actually pull up some examples like I planned to and here's some screenshots to give you an idea of what to look for.

This was a Staples .com transaction from last July where I bought a $100 Lowe's GC on sale.
View attachment 406436
You can see it clearly states it was a $100 Lowes eGC - no hiding that :)

That is in the "old" interface. If you view that same exact transaction in the new version, that L3 detail with the Reference # below it is missing:
View attachment 406437
Sneaky :)

Now, I just did a online pickup order from Staples .com but I'm not seeing L3 data from that. I'm not sure what to make of that yet.
View attachment 406438

I can see that all the main info is the same, except it's listed as Staples .com instead of that Staples store in CT for the eGC. So maybe it's just in-store type orders send the data but online don't? Something quirky for just store pickup orders? Or AmEx being sneaky all over? (except it does show the Ref # still so why hide only one bit of data in an interface designed to show it? IDK, sometimes the tinfoil hat is on too tight)

That's the only store we've shopped at on AmEx that I know sends L3 data so I don't have anything else to compare it to recently. Maybe others can chime in with more recent DPs. But this is the type of stuff you'd want to avoid during MSR. And if you do buy GC's probably vary it a bit so it's not obvious to a casual observer looking for that stuff. Like a charge ending in 3.95/4.95/5.95 :)
Adding on to this post RE AmEx and L3 data. My GC charge from Staples on Sunday finally posted so I can show the level of in-store data you'll see. Here's what AmEx is getting:
Screenshot (1083).png

I bought 2 items, the GC and that index card case (it was $1 and it's the right size for my loose GC's falling all over my safe!) and they even show that a coupon was used on it! This is the "old" interface you get when you go into Statements and Activity.

If you select the transaction from the Home screen OR switch to the Preview New Version button, this is what you get -
Screenshot (1084).png

Note that the data isn't shown anywhere you can see on this page. So when checking to see if a store is sending L2/L3 data, make sure you're looking at the "old" interface since this new way isn't showing all the same detail.

At least you're in the right state! I've been checking at certain times of day to see if the information about same day FPs posted on dischurners is working, and it has been (thanks again @marsh0013)! So for the past few days I've gotten them for FOP, SDD, and a few at Epcot. I get so excited and then realize I need to cancel them since I'm nowhere near WDW.
I’ve gotten FOP once on a trip but I’ve never actually been able to get SDD on a trip and I refuse to refresh on my phone the entire day. Dh gets mad if I do that

How long after meeting MSR for Southwest Rewards does it usually take to get the points? We met spend 2 weeks ago.

I’ve gotten FOP once on a trip but I’ve never actually been able to get SDD on a trip and I refuse to refresh on my phone the entire day. Dh gets mad if I do that
You should read through the information on the dischurners Disney World tips - You won't need to spend the whole day on your phone, just a minute or two (at the RIGHT minute!) to get certain FPs.

How long after meeting MSR for Southwest Rewards does it usually take to get the points? We met spend 2 weeks ago.

You won't see SW go pending so you won't know until the statement closes. If you made it about a week prior to statement close it should be on this statement, if not, may have to wait until the next.

You should read through the information on the dischurners Disney World tips - You won't need to spend the whole day on your phone, just a minute or two (at the RIGHT minute!) to get certain FPs.
I’ll read it and try and see if it works

Good luck! It's worked for me every time that I've tried it. Now I'm just hoping it works on the days I'm actually in the parks!
Wow I’ll have to try. The problem for us is we live an hour away so it would have to be an evening time but I’ll keep it in mind for future trips. I took a screen shot of it

ETA: so it’s a little after 2:31 and I’ve seen tons of times for SDD! How have I not known about this before?!

Tried the Uber bank credit trick for the first time, but it didn't work. Was really nervous about it, lol. Think I canceled too fast. First time I canceled right away. Second time, I tried to wait a little longer, but got paired with a driver. So canceled right after I saw that, but think it was less than a minute after requesting the ride. Probably should have tried Pool. Don't want to make Uber mad with too many cancellations, so guess I'll use it for Uber Eats and try again next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter