I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I’ll drink at most 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages the entire cruise but since it covers almost everything else (except Starbucks) we should make out ahead between my smoothies and virgin drinks, soda, bottled water, DH’s alcoholic drinks, and fresh juice. Plus it includes gratuities.
Last time I used it to try drinks I normally wouldn’t have. Since if I didn’t like it, I could toss it and try something else without wasting $10-15.

I think we're going to do a quick trip to USO the weekend before Christmas! We have SW GCs and vouchers (and the tail end of DH's companion pass) to get us there, I have the URs to book onsite, and can probably swing some more to cover our park tix! A couple questions for the hive mind:

1) If I book a refundable rate with URs, then cancel, the URs will come back to my account, right? How long does that usually take?
2) If I use URs for multi-day tickets, will I be able to upgrade one of those to an AP? Looks like the tix they have up now are all expiring in mid-December of 2019, so I will need to wait until after July 31 and hope that they are still running something like the buy 2 days get 5 days deal.

I mentioned that we had gotten vouchers after our last SW flight and DH immediately said "where are we going next?" I brought up going to DC (super cheap hotel rooms that time of the year, and its a good "indoor" getaway) and he asked about going somewhere warm. I had actually researched USO first, but dismissed it because I thought he would find it too crowded that weekend. I was wrong, warm and crowded sounds better to him than cold and quiet, so it looks like another USO trip is in the cards...

1) If I book a refundable rate with URs, then cancel, the URs will come back to my account, right? How long does that usually take?- Correct. Mine have always immediately re-appeared. But think others have had it take a bit longer.

2) If I use URs for multi-day tickets, will I be able to upgrade one of those to an AP? Looks like the tix they have up now are all expiring in mid-December of 2019, so I will need to wait until after July 31 and hope that they are still running something like the buy 2 days get 5 days deal.- Yes, hopefully, they offer the APs with the add’l months. Ours are good for 18 months.

We’ll be in FL 12/19-1/3. Still need to figure out our plan but I have end of July/early Aug and mid Aug trips already planned. Hopefully Hagrid’s is running better by then.

Wow, time flies, just realized the MDD thread is archived :rolleyes:
Was going to update with a few DPs lately where 2nd apps are getting held up. It's not dead or anything, as evidenced by our recent DP (yay! :) ), but seems like calling in to push the 2nd app along if needed is getting harder. I believe the reps could see the first app before but if you got them to push it through (verification or whatever) the system took over and could still be approved. But possibly some changes now?
r/churning/comments/c8kx76/comment/esoftum

If the DD was ever easy, the MDD isn't as easy. It never was a sure thing, but it was pretty good bet if you had your ducks in a row you could pull it off. As a break out of 4/24 with two separate products it's probably still at the same probability, as a work around to family of products restrictions it's probably getting a little harder if you can't get instant approval of the 2nd card. Still worth a try! Just set expectations.

I originally opened my SPG personal 6/26/16... AF used to post 7/20, I tried bumping it back to 8/3 when they added the free night to get one though that didn't work... upgraded to Lux back in March. Well, my last minute night we booked at Dolphin Friday triggered the credit! So now that OOP expense has become $0!

It must be tied exactly to that 6/26 date? Because my statement closes today and this charge posted 6/30, but the resort fee that posted on 6/24 did not trigger it. I now have a $60 charge from the second night on AA miles plus parking fees that posted 7/1 so it will be interesting to see if tomorrow the last of the credit is triggered.

ETA: Will have to see if the AF posts tonight or at next statement close. I also got the email about my free night today. It will be interesting to see when the FN cert shows up, and how close to AF posting that is. It will be almost a full 10 weeks between my anniversary date and the 30 day deadline for canceling after the AF posts, if it posts on 8/3.
I don't know if this helps, but I opened my SPG April 2018, in 2019- $95 membership fee billed on May 7th, I upgraded to Brilliant and used the $300 credit may 18th. June 21 I was billed an adjusted membership fee of $312.44. Still no email about the free night cert. I'm hoping I get the $300 credit again next year before the AF posts.

Love this board. Thanks for all the contributions everyone. Just instantly approved for CIP2 with self referral. Will put my UR points close to 400k with CSR. I'm now putting disney on notice: Give me free dining next summer or it's offsite to a disney springs hotel for 10 days I go. LOL. Anybody have a favorite disney springs hotel on the chase portal? I'm sure I'm gonna need access to 60 fastpasses and EMH.

Not yet! Planning to soon though, probably by the end of this month. I was thinking I might try to put in an app for Amex Gold this afternoon to see if I still get the pop up for that after just getting the preapproval message recently.

Just applied for Amex Gold and got the pop up. Interesting considering they were just telling me two weeks ago that I was preapproved for that card lol. So I'm just going to go ahead and give the middle finger emoji to Amex for now and cancel my Hilton Biz and get the AF refunded. Do I need to call for this? Never canceled an Amex. DH has a Hilton Biz so we'll keep gold status with Hilton with that.

So on to Capital One it is!

Last edited:
I got an answer on the $100 Celebration Dinner credit for Caesars Rewards Diamond. Per Nick at FM, you don't need to stay at a Caesars property to use the credit. He was at Delano when he used his. Yay!

I looked at Amex FHR too, and decided I'd rather have a $100 F&B credit that Chase LHR gives than a $100 spa credit for the weekend, plus being able to pay at the hotel rather than prepay with Amex would work better for me. I'm trying to decide if I want to avoid the resort fees by staying at a Caesars property (due to match to CR Diamond) or pay the $44.22/nt resort fee at Bellagio. I kind of feel like living it up at the Bellagio being that this is the only kid-free weekend in 14 years!

The weekend I booked was expensive too (compared to surrounding weeks), but the only one that would work for our schedule, so I feel your :headache:. I think my trip is before yours, so I can let you know if it all goes according to plan for me.

I’m attempting the Casears to M Life Gold match. Since results appears YMMV, I’ll let you know in case you want to try it as well since you may also be at the bellagio :)

I think we're going to do a quick trip to USO the weekend before Christmas! We have SW GCs and vouchers (and the tail end of DH's companion pass) to get us there, I have the URs to book onsite, and can probably swing some more to cover our park tix! A couple questions for the hive mind:

1) If I book a refundable rate with URs, then cancel, the URs will come back to my account, right? How long does that usually take?
2) If I use URs for multi-day tickets, will I be able to upgrade one of those to an AP? Looks like the tix they have up now are all expiring in mid-December of 2019, so I will need to wait until after July 31 and hope that they are still running something like the buy 2 days get 5 days deal.

I mentioned that we had gotten vouchers after our last SW flight and DH immediately said "where are we going next?" I brought up going to DC (super cheap hotel rooms that time of the year, and its a good "indoor" getaway) and he asked about going somewhere warm. I had actually researched USO first, but dismissed it because I thought he would find it too crowded that weekend. I was wrong, warm and crowded sounds better to him than cold and quiet, so it looks like another USO trip is in the cards...
I’ve canceled two reservations for hrh and had them show up within 5 minutes. One was online and one was by a CSR

Interesting tidbit: I submitted the status match for Choice Privileges on 7/1. I sent them a screenshot of my Marriott status showing gold and they said they needed something showing my last name. Well, I couldn't find anyway to get Marriott to show my last name too on the website, so I just screenshotted my Hilton card showing gold status and sent that to them. I assumed I would just get Choice Gold status, which isn't worth much, but would at least get me 10% bonus points on each stay. Well, they ended up matching me to Platinum, which is the highest they can status match too! Still doesn't get me much... lol, but I do get 25% bonus points on each stay, which I appreciate. And Avid Preferred Plus status, which we use Hertz but whatever. I'm matched through December 2020 now. We have two upcoming paid Choice stays so this is a decent value for us.
Yeah, Marriott sucks for this, I don't really feel we know each other well enough to be on such a first name basis. And while I can feel special and unique, I don't think I rise to the Cher, Modonna, or Bono level that my membership card conveys.

What I did for Wyndham was paste together 2 screenshots into one image, one with the status and membership number shown and one with the full name and membership number. Worked for them, I think he was matched within a day or so.

1) If I book a refundable rate with URs, then cancel, the URs will come back to my account, right? How long does that usually take?- Correct. Mine have always immediately re-appeared. But think others have had it take a bit longer.

2) If I use URs for multi-day tickets, will I be able to upgrade one of those to an AP? Looks like the tix they have up now are all expiring in mid-December of 2019, so I will need to wait until after July 31 and hope that they are still running something like the buy 2 days get 5 days deal.- Yes, hopefully, they offer the APs with the add’l months. Ours are good for 18 months.

We’ll be in FL 12/19-1/3. Still need to figure out our plan but I have end of July/early Aug and mid Aug trips already planned. Hopefully Hagrid’s is running better by then.
I’ve canceled two reservations for hrh and had them show up within 5 minutes. One was online and one was by a CSR

Thanks v. much for your input! I'm trying to decide if we do 4 nights in a king suite at RPR - get express pass for the whole trip, or 2 nights at RPR and 2 nights in a larger suite at Sapphire Falls - no express pass, but more space to spread out. My thought about this trip is to take it easy, relax and hang at the resort a fair amount, doing parks in the early AM and later in the evening.

If refunding URs is easy to do, I can go ahead and book and then adjust. My sweet DH does not like split stays much, but I really like multiple locations - there is always give and take, and doing a split stay lets me do everything I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter