I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ebay "business" is up and running! I am reorganizing some rooms in the house and have managed to get a total of 5 items up for sale (including the item I ended up shipping to POLAND of all places...it has made it to New York after sitting in LA for three days so I suppose that's progress) so I am hopeful that I can concurrently clear some clutter and make a miniscule amount of money on some of it.

Grateful to those who have offered advice on ebay selling... I have bookmarked your responses (this thread moves FAST!!!) and will definitely hit you up via PM for any tips and tools of the trade! I just want some stuff gone- no plans to open an actual ebay store or anything. Star Wars Lego minifigures are generating a lot of interest!

I just spent over $300 on a new pair of glasses (yikes) but I just keep telling myself it's helping me meet the MSR for my new CIP!

My ebay "business" is up and running! I am reorganizing some rooms in the house and have managed to get a total of 5 items up for sale (including the item I ended up shipping to POLAND of all places...it has made it to New York after sitting in LA for three days so I suppose that's progress) so I am hopeful that I can concurrently clear some clutter and make a miniscule amount of money on some of it.

Grateful to those who have offered advice on ebay selling... I have bookmarked your responses (this thread moves FAST!!!) and will definitely hit you up via PM for any tips and tools of the trade! I just want some stuff gone- no plans to open an actual ebay store or anything. Star Wars Lego minifigures are generating a lot of interest!

I just spent over $300 on a new pair of glasses (yikes) but I just keep telling myself it's helping me meet the MSR for my new CIP!

Congrats on getting your items listed. I still have my box of a dozen or so items that I can't decide whether it's worth the hassle of listing on eBay, or if I should save for a possible garage sale, or if I should just donate. Usually I am good with just donating but there are some things that make me stop and think, well, maybe I should see if I can sell this on eBay . . .

How long do Amex referral bonuses typically take to post. P2 referred me to Delta Gold SkyMiles from his Platinum on 6/5 (instant approval). Card was received and activated yesterday. Just curious when I should be on the lookout. Thanks!!

I used DH's referral to get mine and it posted within a week. If it was instant approval on June 5 I would guess (as much as you can with Amex) that your referral should have posted by now.

DW’s CIP2 was approved on 3/11/19.
CIP1 was opened 9/17, closed 10/18.

Nice I’m right behind her CIP2 4/1/1/19 waiting for July 1

Come on July! DH's original CIP he had for a year was closed in April He was approved for CIP on April 11; delay was for security check but actual application went in and credit was checked April 2. I have decided to just ride this CIP train as long as we can so July 1st he/I will be going for the next CIP. I have a feeling this multiple CIP loophole is too good to last so I decided to not deal with Amex right now and just focus on getting UR's. Even if all we do is cash out that is still decent return.

:cheer2: Yippee Amex had me a little freaked out last night but this morning I got on and DH's 70k miles were there for meeting the spend on the Amex Delta Gold. So if there was a delay across the board with the card it seems to be worked out.

I am especially glad to get the miles because I have stupidly delayed getting flights for our October WDW trip and it is going to cost me almost triple in skymiles to go in October then what it will cost in January. Flying 5 of us is 250,000 skypesos. And just in main seating; not even comfort plus. The companion certificates are showing as sold out for all the flights. I considered cancelling October but I really want to go and use the AP's. :(

I want to keep my miles but I guess that is what they are there for. Earn and burn right?!?

Congrats on getting your items listed. I still have my box of a dozen or so items that I can't decide whether it's worth the hassle of listing on eBay, or if I should save for a possible garage sale, or if I should just donate. Usually I am good with just donating but there are some things that make me stop and think, well, maybe I should see if I can sell this on eBay . . .

I am new to this but we will see how it goes.

I definitely will NOT do a garage sale, but my neighborhood has an "online yard sale" page and I have sold a few items through there as well as FB marketplace, so those are all options for me too (and would save me a trip to the post office). But I'm kind of testing the waters to see how this works.

Worst case scenario, it'll be a trip to the Salvation Army to donate them. I'm sure they need toys and honestly, some of these MegaBloks sets are still unopened! It sort of hurts my heart but...well. I must get rid of some clutter!

Hopefully your city/town will not do what mine did last year when I sent a tax payment before the bill posted. They returned the plastiq check to me. It freaked me out because the plastiq checks have that language on them about being deposited within so many days. Evidently, that's not the case and I worried for nothing. When the bill finally came I sent them back the plastiq check and it was deposited.
Thanks! It’s really strange that they are not sent out until 7/1 but they are due by 7/31 in full for the year to get the “discounted” rate. So if I set Plastiq to receive on 6/30, they should be pretty close to the timeframe.

@Lain, thanks for the Caviar info. It sounds like something we could really use. Sadly, and kind of shocking since we have something like 9 AMEX cards now, I can't find the offer. :sad:

@Lain, thanks for the Caviar info. It sounds like something we could really use. Sadly, and kind of shocking since we have something like 9 AMEX cards now, I can't find the offer. :sad:

I had it on only one of my 10 Amex cards. None on my wife's 4 Amex cards. :(

they SOMETIMES may appear a few days later... keep checking!
i had a few appear a few days later after it was announced on DoC.

The Bonvoy offer a few months ago was like that. I had it but DH didn't (and he really wanted it on his LUX). A few days later he had it on his plat and a few days after that he got it on the LUX. :)

DD's CIP just arrived. Thanks to all of you for helping her get it! :goodvibes

Oh, is there a way she can add this to her CFU login? I'm hoping this will make paying her bills as easy for her as possible since she will be overseas.
She’ll need to create a new login for the biz card and then she can link her personal cards into the new login:)

PSA: More DPs suggest that AA eGCs are once again getting reimbursed by the Amex airline fee credit

Earlier this week, u/UCUCUC reported on r/churning that he purchased a $150 AA eGC from giftcards.aa.com with his Amex Platinum card on 6/5/19, and received an airline reimbursement credit on 6/7/19.
u/UCUCUC updated his DP today with another GC purchase of $50 on his Platinum card, and was reimbursed again for the $16 credit remaining on his airline fee credit benefit.

He also referenced the FlyerTalk airline fee reimbursements reports thread for AA, where the following update is pinned: in June 2019 it appears American Airlines has again changed the coding of payment card transactions. Gift Card purchases are no longer explicitly identified, and we have two reports that the benefit counter shows pending reimbursements.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...00-100-reimbursement-reports-aa-only-124.html
Per the most recent FT DPs, virtual GC purchases go pending as "AA ARC" and post as "American Airlines." There's nothing identifying the transaction as a GC or as misc taxes/fees. FT's DPs seem to be waiting for the actual reimbursement to post, but the airline fee credit counter on the benefits dashboard went down by the GC purchase amount.

It's somewhat interesting that AA GCs seem to be triggering the Amex airline fee credit during the same period of dates when SW GCs stopped crediting. I don't know what to make of this. Again, if you've already selected Southwest as your airline for the credit, you can chat with Amex and request a change if you haven't used any of your annual credit benefit yet.

For now, it appears AA GCs are an option again to use up the airline fee credit on Amex Platinum, Business Platinum, Gold, and Hilton Aspire cards. I don't have any recommendation whether you should jump on this right now while DPs are still developing or wait until more DPs come in and risk the coding changing to remove this option in the meantime.

Good luck!

ETA: DoC is reporting it:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...ing-to-trigger-amex-travel-incidental-credit/

Last edited:
I’m really bummed. Scheduled a Plastiq payment for my car loan with Amex. Had it work before by tweaking the name a bit. This time, I got an email it was sent, then today, an email it was cancelled and not accepted for Amex. I am struggling to meet MSR, between waiting for the card to arrive and being out of town when it finally did. I got the Plastiq 1.5% email and have literally nothing to use it on.

Conversation Starter: How long have you gone without a new card? I bet I have the record here right now! I haven't gotten a new card (save the Hilton Ascend upgrade) since December. That's right - no accounts in 2019!

I will be under 5/24 next month, as will DH. This is my longest dry spell in seven years.

PSA: More DPs suggest that AA eGCs are once again getting reimbursed by the Amex airline fee credit

Earlier this week, u/UCUCUC reported on r/churning that he purchased a $150 AA eGC from giftcards.aa.com with his Amex Platinum card on 6/5/19, and received an airline reimbursement credit on 6/7/19.
u/UCUCUC updated his DP today with another GC purchase of $50 on his Platinum card, and was reimbursed again for the $16 credit remaining on his airline fee credit benefit.

He also referenced the FlyerTalk airline fee reimbursements reports thread for AA, where the following update is pinned: in June 2019 it appears American Airlines has again changed the coding of payment card transactions. Gift Card purchases are no longer explicitly identified, and we have two reports that the benefit counter shows pending reimbursements.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...00-100-reimbursement-reports-aa-only-124.html
Per the most recent FT DPs, virtual GC purchases go pending as "AA ARC" and post as "American Airlines." There's nothing identifying the transaction as a GC or as misc taxes/fees. FT's DPs seem to be waiting for the actual reimbursement to post, but the airline fee credit counter on the benefits dashboard went down by the GC purchase amount.

It's somewhat interesting that AA GCs seem to be triggering the Amex airline fee credit during the same period of dates when SW GCs stopped crediting. I don't know what to make of this. Again, if you've already selected Southwest as your airline for the credit, you can chat with Amex and request a change if you haven't used any of your annual credit benefit yet.

For now, it appears AA GCs are an option again to use up the airline fee credit on Amex Platinum, Business Platinum, Gold, and Hilton Aspire cards. I don't have any recommendation whether you should jump on this right now while DPs are still developing or wait until more DPs come in and risk the coding changing to remove this option in the meantime.

Good luck!
I need to buy an American airlines ticket next week so I decided to try it today. It's pending and no credit yet. When I did this last year, it took a couple days. I'm hoping it goes through.

I’ll have a few trip reviews later this year that also follow some ABD itineraries with point breakdowns. Canadian Rockies, Japan and Peru. All with some small points related tweaks (like staying 5 nights at a place vs 4 for the free night, etc).

My wife calls them “Adventures Like Disney by Andy”
:)

I love the name! Looking forward to hearing more about your trips!

I'm in the same place. Usually we just end up donating everything or giving it away to friends.

She’ll need to create a new login for the biz card and then she can link her personal cards into the new login:)

She did create the login. It's the linking part that's an issue. She looked it up online but the directions aren't working. Anything I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter