I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared this with tink113 but also figured I'd point out here for general purposes:

The AMEX Everyday Card is an awesome card for anybody on the thread (possibly some lurkers) who are currently paying credit card interest and want to save some money on that.

This card has a $0 Balance Transfer Fee (awesome) PLUS a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers requested within 60 days of account opening. So you could transfer your balances to the card, pay nothing to do that and get 0% interest to pay it off for 15 months!! PLUS you get a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on all purchases.

The signup bonus points are just icing on the cake. There are links for this card on DISchurners if it interests anybody.

I’m always really irritated to find out I got charged an insane amount for something stupid. DS left his brand new Alaska Mickey at the Westin in Vancouver last week. After locating it, they asked for my FedEx number to send it to me. I gave them the info Monday, it arrived here Tuesday. How much does it cost to FedEx a $22 stuffy overnight from Vancouver to Chicago, you ask? $75. >:( :sad:
Well it least it went toward MSR.
You are a way better Mom than me..I would of probably said life lesson....double check you have everything

I’m always really irritated to find out I got charged an insane amount for something stupid. DS left his brand new Alaska Mickey at the Westin in Vancouver last week. After locating it, they asked for my FedEx number to send it to me. I gave them the info Monday, it arrived here Tuesday. How much does it cost to FedEx a $22 stuffy overnight from Vancouver to Chicago, you ask? $75. >:( :sad:
Wow, they charged you? I left my phone at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before our RCCL cruise a couple of years ago and they sent it overnight to my house without any charge to me.

P2 completed the Chase checking, with the savings due to post in a few weeks (plus bonus for doing both).

I completed WF last month and am now working on this for P2 (using pushed deposits from the above Chase account, which seem to be coding as DDs).

Once the Chase savings bonus hits and frees up a bunch of savings, I'll look at hitting it again as P1, or may try Citi (or a local one that seems good on DoC).

P2 is a teacher and doesn't get paid during the summer, so I'm hoping the timing works for her deposits to go toward a new bonus when they start back up in August.
And anyone else who has done the Wells Fargo bank bonus. It says it requires deposits of $3000 a month for 3 consecutive months. Would it work if I move the money out and then back in (using a third account as well so it's going in a circle) ?

You are a way better Mom than me..I would of probably said life lesson....double check you have everything
Wow, they charged you? I left my phone at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before our RCCL cruise a couple of years ago and they sent it overnight to my house without any charge to me.
Yes, I was surprised they wanted to charge me when they asked for my FedEx number. But they didn’t ask how I wanted it sent. It was already there an extra week, why would I need it overnight? I didn’t agree to $75, I just found out today when it posted to my CC. Grr. DS will be working off at least some of it.

I'm wondering what the possibility is of "supporting" DH to the CSP while you still have it, since that means a 60k UR SUB and 15k UR support bonus, before you PC to a CSR? Or better yet, support DH to the CSP and do a MDD of the CSR?
Thank you! Yeah, I've thought of that as well. But decided I'd rather do CIP2 for him, so that was just 5/17. He has 4 Chase cards since 8/18, pretty much every three months, so I don't think I want to move up the 3 months for a CSP. I was thinking of saving the link and getting it for him next...if CIP3 isn't possible. And while I'd love the points of a MDD, I don't know if I'd risk it with DH, don't want him to have to call. Do you think it's still safe to save the link and use it in a few months? I know there was talk awhile back about that causing problems, but maybe not with just the one support click? This game does get a bit more complicated the further along you get!

Thank you! Yeah, I've thought of that as well. But decided I'd rather do CIP2 for him, so that was just 5/17. He has 4 Chase cards since 8/18, pretty much every three months, so I don't think I want to move up the 3 months for a CSP. I was thinking of saving the link and getting it for him next...if CIP3 isn't possible. And while I'd love the points of a MDD, I don't know if I'd risk it with DH, don't want him to have to call. Do you think it's still safe to save the link and use it in a few months? I know there was talk awhile back about that causing problems, but maybe not with just the one support click? This game does get a bit more complicated the further along you get!
Yeah - you’re fine to save the link. One click is not an issue at all. You’d have to be abusing the system WAY more than that to get one of those strange letters.

Not sure if a SW card DP helps..but I upgraded my SW plus card last August to the Plus after the AF hit
I was refunded the AF in August....just charged the AF for the Priority last month .....the Plus was opened originally opened in July
Thanks, I think it definitely makes sense for me to wait until July 1 and my CSP AF posts and then see what happens. Definitely weird though to have the AF charged last month for you. But hey, beats being charged in August like you'd think it would be!

You are a nicer Mom than me!! Hope DS appreciates it:-)

Yeah - there's a somewhat interesting theory that once your "AF anniv. date" has passed (i.e. the 1st of the month after your actual anniv date) that perhaps Chase won't charge the AF until the next year. I can tell you that I upgraded a CF card to a CSP back earlier this year and was never charged the AF. I fully expect it to be charged on 12/1 which would have been the cards original "AF anniv date".

I've downgraded/upgraded my United card several times. There's been a few times the AF never posted at all for me during an entire year. I wasn't trying to buck the fee... it just never came.

Funny thing tho, years ago when I needed to upgrade to the Club card, that $450 AF hit REALLY fast. :rolleyes:

And anyone else who has done the Wells Fargo bank bonus. It says it requires deposits of $3000 a month for 3 consecutive months. Would it work if I move the money out and then back in (using a third account as well so it's going in a circle) ?

That's exactly what I'm doing, and so far it seems to be working. I set up the WF account as an external transfer account in my Chase checking. I push (a little over) $3k to the WF account, then xfer that to my credit union account.

Please note that I can't say with 100% certainty that this is working yet. In my first WF account (for which I already got the bonus) those kinds of transfers showed up the same as my direct deposits (with "Direct Deposit" listed as the category), and on the "monthly service fee summary" on my statements they were included in the total of my direct deposits that keeps me from paying a fee.

However, I was also having my paychecks legitimately deposited, so it's possible my transfers weren't actually counting toward the bonus. I'll post updates, but it will be another ~6 weeks before my bonus is due to hit.

So she's ok then? :faint::eek: It's been a tough week here and I don't need any extra work. I did my best to help her find a card she can use over there.

Yeah, I think she should be fine. All the DPs point to Educational Services > Colleges, Universities, and Prof Schools.
If she does get a letter warning of forced conversion to a no rewards card, then finish up the MSR/move the SUB/URs to your/DH's card, get AF refunded, and apply for CIP under a different category?

Last edited:
Thank you! This is perfect I am considering fidelity.
Glad I could help! We bought Poly through them at the end of 2018. I would suggest asking for a different title company as communication from First American was terrible. We liked working with Fidelity even with a very long process due to an international seller.

We just passed ROFR on an AKV contract through fidelity. We chose to use a different closing company due to all the issues with First American. We couldn't pay our deposit by cc. It's up to the closing company, not the broker. I'm not sure if any other closing companies take cc for the deposit. Definitely ask!

I shared this with tink113 but also figured I'd point out here for general purposes:

The AMEX Everyday Card is an awesome card for anybody on the thread (possibly some lurkers) who are currently paying credit card interest and want to save some money on that.

This card has a $0 Balance Transfer Fee (awesome) PLUS a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers requested within 60 days of account opening. So you could transfer your balances to the card, pay nothing to do that and get 0% interest to pay it off for 15 months!! PLUS you get a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on all purchases.

The signup bonus points are just icing on the cake. There are links for this card on DISchurners if it interests anybody.
I would highly recommend anyone going the 0% interest card go the business card route (think BBP or CIU) because it doesn’t affect your utilization. We were carrying a balance (instead of using our heloc) since it was 0% but DHs credit score dropped not majorly but enough. We opened some business cards and had the balance go towards those cards instead and his score went WAY up

A friend who already owns a bunch of DVC points direct just bought more at BLT direct. He worked with a guide (his guide quit so he just called member services and worked with whoever picked up) and basically told them that he can get BLT for x amount resale. He prefers to buy direct but told them they need to make it worth it because he doesn’t need the direct privileges. I’m not sure the exact offer he got but basically credit card funding across multiple cards, 3 years worth of points, some fast passes he couldn’t get elsewhere as well as a few other things (I think a welcome home stay during food and wine). He paid more than resale for sure but honestly not that much more when you value out what he got.

Lol this is what I need to do.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the current UY points as "extra" when purchasing direct. You can find resale contracts with current UY and even banked points available to use in the current UY. If the resale contract is stripped, you may even be able to make a lowball offer. I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor in your direct/resale purchase.

I am (still) on a waitlist for a small direct contract, but my ultimate goal is to get the smallest direct and a moderate resale contract for the same resort with the same UY. I want that blue card and the benefits that come with it. Maybe a combo of using CC funding direct and cashing out for resale could be a good option, especially if you get the exact resort and UY you want.

I’m not seeing a lot of loaded contracts on the resale market. A lot of the ones that are available are stripped. Maybe it has next years points. I do eventually also want the membership card. This is probably BS but the guide said soon resale contract sales will only be allowed to stay at the resort they buy at. He said they are doing that now for the Rivera and the older resort resales can’t stay there but soon if you buy poly resale you can’t stay at the Boardwalk. I think that’s BS and he was trying to get us buy direct. I’m pretty sure that restriction would have to be in the deed.

Yeah, I think she should be fine. All the DPs point to Educational Services > Colleges, Universities, and Prof Schools.
If she does get a letter warning of forced conversion to a no rewards card, then finish up the MSR/move the SUB/URs to your/DH's card, get AF refunded, and apply for CIP2 under a different category?

OK. Will do. I'm really hoping nothing happens. There are lots of people earning money on the side tutoring (DH even did that years ago) and it's not a government thing.

I would highly recommend anyone going the 0% interest card go the business card route (think BBP or CIU) because it doesn’t affect your utilization. We were carrying a balance (instead of using our heloc) since it was 0% but DHs credit score dropped not majorly but enough. We opened some business cards and had the balance go towards those cards instead and his score went WAY up
The concern there is that BBP charges a 3% balance transfer fee and CIU charges 5%. While potentially not significant, the beauty of the Everyday offer is that 0% bal transfer fee :)

That recommendation was more targeted at people currently paying 20%+ interest rate on current credit card debt. Not looking for a 0% card for new purchases :)

Perhaps a dual strategy could even be employed where you transfer existing debt to everyday and you also pickup a BBP or CIU for your new purchases. Lots to consider there :)

The concern there is that BBP charges a 3% balance transfer fee and CIU charges 5%. While potentially not significant, the beauty of the Everyday offer is that 0% bal transfer fee :)
Yes I agree. What i did was organically shift the balance. Bought a bunch of no fee vgcs and mcgc when staples has sales or the grocery store had gas points and then paid off the card with the balance with money orders or you could the heloc tip. More work for sure but his score went from like 760 to 820

Yes I agree. What i did was organically shift the balance. Bought a bunch of no fee vgcs and mcgc when staples has sales or the grocery store had gas points and then paid off the card with the balance with money orders or you could the heloc tip. More work for sure but his score went from like 760 to 820
I can’t imagine explaining that strategy to my buddy who recently got an everyday card using the strategy I outlined. 🤣

He was just trying to figure out how to stop spending more than he earned 😂. I’m not sure he’s ready for MOs and VGCs. He needs to stop paying overdrafts and find a way to pay more than his minimum pmt. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter