I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s funny, because I’d like to visit again at night!

Did Docking Bay 7 still have metal sporks? I’ve read that so many people are stealing them (and selling them on eBay for $70 each!) that Disney will be switching over to plastic sporks. SMH. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Omg what did Disney think was going to happen? They literally screwed pictures into the wall on the Lilly Belle when I did that a few years ago because people kept stealing anything that wasn’t screwed down even if all the accompanying CM did was step off the car for 60 seconds (according to our CM tour guide). They really should have known.

Maybe TMI but I’m super happy so I’ll share anyway, I got re-evaluated by my chiropractor this week who told me I’m looking better than I have in well over a decade (when he took over my treatments). Guys & gals- 50+ hours of flying, 20 hours of bouncing around a safari vehicle, 3 hours on speed boat, 7 different hotel beds and various methods of public and sometimes crazy transport = best spine ever. Conclusions:
-stick to J/F international travel
-all of my travel should be HSA deductible

I can go away for a week, stand in lines, do tons of walking and ride stuff at Disney and feel great the entire time. Two hour car ride and my back is sore, sleep funny and my neck hurts etc. I always worry I'll have issues on trips especially if it's been a problem close to the trip and I always feel great so I understand your happiness. Just wish I could go to the chiropractor every 3 weeks instead of 2 but it keeps me running and sleeping well for the most part.

That’s funny, because I’d like to visit again at night!

Did Docking Bay 7 still have metal sporks? I’ve read that so many people are stealing them (and selling them on eBay for $70 each!) that Disney will be switching over to plastic sporks. SMH. This is why we can’t have nice things.

This is also why we plain napkins...

I understand wanting direct first for immediate points. I did the cheap direct and then jumped on the resale BLT. If I were you I would have a hard time paying $220 for Poly direct when they are going resale for $145 and passing ROFR. I bought through Timeshare Store and it was painless. Made the $2000 deposit on credit card but rest had to be certified check or wire transfer. Title company decides if anything by credit card. I would ask ahead of time.

We also used the Timeshare Store and had a great experience.

I still cannot pull up the improved Gold Delta Biz offer with my referral link. I have tried generating the link logging in on different browsers and also pasting the referral link into different browsers . . . anyone have a particular method that might work?

I still cannot pull up the improved Gold Delta Biz offer with my referral link. I have tried generating the link logging in on different browsers and also pasting the referral link into different browsers . . . anyone have a particular method that might work?

I just tried a few times and couldn’t get it to come up either. I just applied for this card last week using a referral from P2’s personal Platinum and the 70k + $50 statement credit came up. :confused3

@Mopedmom1 Here's my report back about the Fairfield Inn Anaheim. :) We had a good stay. Bed was comfortable and room felt fresh. Though DS noticed that it still has the popcorn ceiling. Had to convince him that even if the building is old enough to possibly have asbestos, it's not a problem if you don't disturb it (weird kid, lol). Our room had a connecting door and we heard our neighbors in the morning. Could also hear people passing by. We were fairly close to the elevator, further away would probably be quieter. The McDonald's next door was convenient. Never timed it, but it probably took 10 minutes to get to the Disney security check point. DS commented that the Fairfield was closer to the parks than DLH. Not sure if that's actually true, but that was his perception.

I'd stay at the Fairfield again, especially if I have a 35k cert. I used URs this time since even the more expensive night I'd only be getting a tad under 0.7 cpp. I still want to try the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance though, if we have time to use the waterpark. Otherwise, I might want to try the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. That one is right after you cross the street and it's not set back as much as the Fairfield. Okay, it's really only a few more minutes walk, but it makes a difference when you feel like your feet are about to fall off!

I only got it to appear by going through the special link. It’s posted on DoC and I dropped it in our Reddit news thread a couple weeks back.

I got it from DH’s Gold Biz on the link that was posted on the news thread a week or two ago. I also got an email for it as well. Can you generate a link by sending an email? Does that use the higher offer?

I only got it to appear by going through the special link. It’s posted on DoC and I dropped it in our Reddit news thread a couple weeks back.
I got it from DH’s Gold Biz on the link that was posted on the news thread a week or two ago. I also got an email for it as well. Can you generate a link by sending an email? Does that use the higher offer?

I have not tried sending an email but I will do that now.

I just checked the special link -- interestingly, once I log in, it generates a referral from my personal DL gold but when I go to the gold biz account, there's no referral link (and no offers, just the message "We're sorry, this doesn't happen often but . . .").

At least I have a new route to check.

We had metal sporks when we dined at Docking Bay 7 on Saturday, and it was kinda cool. They were heavy and had a very mechanical/utilitarian feel. My wife jokingly bet people were taking these home. We did not, because we aren’t thieves. Then about two days ago, I read this was actually a problem and that the sporks were going for ~$70 on eBay! My wife had the pleasure of saying, “I told you so.” No way would I ever imagine a single piece of used silverware from a theme park would sell for $70 on eBay!

How did your DS like Oga’s, Droid building, and SWGE in general? I’m sorry so many things seemed to be sold out.

Umm...there is a Blue Milk cup and a SWGE paper cup selling for $9.99 each. Yeah...$70 does not surprise me. :rotfl:

DS loved everything in SWGE! He said best birthday present ever! A full 5 months early, lol. He made a BB series droid and got colors he was happy with. I was afraid only purple would be left, lol.

I think the early warning about the backpack being sold out helped a lot. He wanted to give up on the Cantina to go to Droid Depot first to get the backpack in case they restocked. But I convinced him by saying are you sure you want to trade what's likely a sure thing to go for something that's probably already sold out? I asked the CM at the door and he said they've been sold out for a while. We didn't see a single person wearing one around the parks. It's really just as well, saved 40 bucks. 😆

Last edited:
AA Miles for Rental Cards Note: (through UseAAmiles.com)

FV9EzZe.png

From what I can tell this has had no affect on pricing or terms on AAvacations and thus doesn't affect AA miles for Disney at all. Still figured I'd point this out, especially given @wendow's recent experience here!
Oh.My.Goodness. You have got to be kidding me. It's good this changed but seriously! Our timing 😆

@Mopedmom1 Here's my report back about the Fairfield Inn Anaheim. :) We had a good stay. Bed was comfortable and room felt fresh. Though DS noticed that it still has the popcorn ceiling. Had to convince him that even if the building is old enough to possibly have asbestos, it's not a problem if you don't disturb it (weird kid, lol). Our room had a connecting door and we heard our neighbors in the morning. Could also hear people passing by. We were fairly close to the elevator, further away would probably be quieter. The McDonald's next door was convenient. Never timed it, but it probably took 10 minutes to get to the Disney security check point. DS commented that the Fairfield was closer to the parks than DLH. Not sure if that's actually true, but that was his perception.

I'd stay at the Fairfield again, especially if I have a 35k cert. I used URs this time since even the more expensive night I'd only be getting a tad under 0.7 cpp. I still want to try the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance though, if we have time to use the waterpark. Otherwise, I might want to try the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. That one is right after you cross the street and it's not set back as much as the Fairfield. Okay, it's really only a few more minutes walk, but it makes a difference when you feel like your feet are about to fall off!
Thanks for this, I really appreciate it! Your sons reaction to the popcorn ceiling is priceless. 😄

1- Would someone mind telling me how to transfer my UR from my CF account to my CIP account? I haven't had a chance to call Chase yet to have them put both cards under one online login. Do they have to be under the same login for me to transfer?

2- With regard to spending $5000 in the first three months to get the UR on CIP- is it literally just spending it (making the purchase) by three months or is it it has to appear on your bill within 3 bills or how exactly does that work? For example. My CIP was opened 5/30/19 so I have decided I need to make the $5000 worth of purchases by August 27. I have a hotel bill and tuition bill that I was planning on paying around August 22. Does your experience suggest that will be sufficient or will I need to make the purchases sooner in order to get credit for them?

Thank you

Last edited:
I booked a DIsney cruise yesterday spur of the moment so I had no payment plans in place. Once I went to pay I figured the Disney Visa was my best option because I’d get the 6 months with no interest. This works because we aren’t 100% sure if we are even going to go on the cruise that date.
Of course, when I went to grab my Darth Vader card it was nowhere to be found. I ended up throwing the deposit on my Chase freedom unlimited.
Once I find my Disney visa can I switch over my deposit to that card?

I booked a DIsney cruise yesterday spur of the moment so I had no payment plans in place. Once I went to pay I figured the Disney Visa was my best option because I’d get the 6 months with no interest. This works because we aren’t 100% sure if we are even going to go on the cruise that date.
Of course, when I went to grab my Darth Vader card it was nowhere to be found. I ended up throwing the deposit on my Chase freedom unlimited.
Once I find my Disney visa can I switch over my deposit to that card?
Yes. In the past i’ve put deposits on credit cards and called back and paid with gift card and asked them to refund the credit card payment. They are accommodating.

Lol this is what I need to do.

I’m not seeing a lot of loaded contracts on the resale market. A lot of the ones that are available are stripped. Maybe it has next years points. I do eventually also want the membership card. This is probably BS but the guide said soon resale contract sales will only be allowed to stay at the resort they buy at. He said they are doing that now for the Rivera and the older resort resales can’t stay there but soon if you buy poly resale you can’t stay at the Boardwalk. I think that’s BS and he was trying to get us buy direct. I’m pretty sure that restriction would have to be in the deed.

When we bought in direct our guide lied to us about quite a few things. They are salesmen and many of them stretch the truth or tell rumors to try and get you to buy.
It worked out ok for us, and we are very happy that we did buy direct, but I wish I knew as much about it as I do today because I would have bought at a different resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter