I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hello. I’ve been keeping tabs on this thread since summer. I’m generally a creepy lurker listening in on your conversation. Popping in with a question. I have to send a friend 2k through Venmo for a vacation. I know there’s a fee attached to using a credit card rather than checking account - is there a card where reward beats the fee? I tried googling “best credit card for Venmo” but the results were staggeringly unhelpful.

Both me and P2 are below 5/24 but if eating a slot for a good return is smart, so be it. And because I’m sure I’ll get asked my status. Here it is.

Me 2/24
04/17 target
06/18 Amex blue cash
07/18 ink
10/18 ink cash
12/18 Amex delta biz

P2 4/24
06/18 Amex blue cash
09/18 csr & csp
11/18 sw personal
11/18 sw business

I really tried to follow the formatting rules. Don’t beat me benevolent leader
The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!!

If your ink is a CIP, it will give you 3x points on Venmo.

As for your next move, I’d wait a couple months and refer P2 from your CIP. I’m the meantime, maybe an Amex biz card to tide you over.

The only one that I'm aware of is the CIP, it earns 3x on those transactions so it cancels out the fee. I assume your 7/18 ink is the CIP? I'd think refer P2 for one and go that route if you're comfortable with only 2ish months between apps. Alternatively you can try for a 2nd CIP yourself, we were just discussing strategies for that yesterday, starting around HERE and spanning a few pages to see if you are comfortable with that.

It looks like your P2 is 4/24, and I'm assuming your 07/18 "ink" refers to the CIP. This is an easy play -- use your CIP to refer P2 for 20k UR bonus to you and 80k UR bonus for P2 after $5k MSR. You've got a $2k charge on Venmo lined up already. Venmo charges a 3% fee for using credit cards, but earns 3x UR on the CIP for the payment+fee.

So in your example, using P2's CIP to transfer $2k via Venmo, you'd pay a $60 fee, but that $2,060 charge on the CIP will earn 6,180 UR, which is worth $61.80 if cashed out, or $92.70 towards travel if using P2's CSR to book travel through the Chase UR portal. And you've knocked out $2k of a $5k MSR towards an 80k UR signup bonus. Another upshot is the CIP won't "eat a slot."

Good luck!

ETA: What @miztressuz said.
It seems like a P2 CIP referral is the consensus here :)

Oh, and another thing, it's benevolent dictator... I really don't know what will happen if we screw that up :p

(j/k, j/k :laughing:)

See this is why I don’t comment. I make such horrible mistakes. Now I’m definitely getting a beating.

Thank you all for the advice. I’ve been planning the cip referral (yes my ink is a cip, mistake number 2! Unacceptable) so now seems like a good time to do it!
Man I have quite the reputation around here now LOL

question about the chase accts..... right now p2 has a biz (2 cards) and personal acct page. I've been transferring all his UR into my acct since I hold the CSR. will this work for p2's biz page also? I haven't seen a real need to have him merge the acct pages yet,it's easy enough to keep track of both. (should I rethink that?)
I'm mainly concerned with the household transfers

question about the chase accts..... right now p2 has a biz (2 cards) and personal acct page. I've been transferring all his UR into my acct since I hold the CSR. will this work for p2's biz page also? I haven't seen a real need to have him merge the acct pages yet,it's easy enough to keep track of both. (should I rethink that?)
I'm mainly concerned with the household transfers

I have not had any issue transferring my personal URs to DHs CSR or my biz URs to his CSR. I know some people say to chain them, but I have not done that, I just individually transfer each of my cards to his card. My personal and Biz log ins are separate.

Did a little bit of math this morning...

The total cost of my September trip this year is $7750 for three rooms at Pop Century for 6 people plus dining plan plus 5 day parkhopper tickets. I've paid $1600 towards the trip and reimbursed myself with URs, leaving a balance of $6150. I currently have $3480 worth of URs plus $1075 in Disney GCs that I've accumulated. If I put all of that towards paying my balance right now, I would be left with $1565 left to pay. I paid $801 OOP for the Disney GCs, not including URs and other points earned in that calculation, for a total of 26% savings.

If I was forced to stop accumulating points and buying discounted gift cards today, I would still be paying less than $2500 OOP for 6 people to go to Disney! I'm pretty happy with this :cutie:

Okay for those of y'all who have been receiving Amex pop ups while I carry on my love affair with the GOLD...karma has bitten me. I lost my beloved and no longer issued in pink card in my car...the dealer can't try to find it until MONDAY. :sad::sad::sad: I'm pretty sure it's in the console stuck behind or between the slide-y thing since I can't easily open or close the slide-y thing (cut myself actually trying and bled all over the seats) ANNNNND....I've done this before with my driver's license (clearly I haven't learned to not put any card on top of the slide-y thing). Last time it cost about $250 to dig out my license, to add insult to injury (injuries).

I'll pay for the service with my BBP and fortunately still have $500 left on my 5% back Discover It (really 10% since it's the first year) so I can buy a Publix gift card but no eating out for a week:scared1:. I'm hoping it will still work once they pry it out!

Okay for those of y'all who have been receiving Amex pop ups while I carry on my love affair with the GOLD...karma has bitten me. I lost my beloved and no longer issued in pink card in my car...the dealer can't try to find it until MONDAY. :sad::sad::sad: I'm pretty sure it's in the console stuck behind or between the slide-y thing since I can't easily open or close the slide-y thing (cut myself actually trying and bled all over the seats) ANNNNND....I've done this before with my driver's license (clearly I haven't learned to not put any card on top of the slide-y thing). Last time it cost about $250 to dig out my license, to add insult to injury (injuries).

I'll pay for the service with my BBP and fortunately still have $500 left on my 5% back Discover It (really 10% since it's the first year) so I can buy a Publix gift card but no eating out for a week:scared1:. I'm hoping it will still work once they pry it out!
Wouldn't be quicker and cheaper just to request a replacement card from AmEx?

Have any of you applied for the US Bank Business Edge Cash rewards card....looks like you get $200 cash bank on a $1,000 spend...and can get the same for an employee if you add then when you apply.
Wondering how hard/easy this card is to get...and if it shows up your personal credit.....article says no...but confirmation is always good to hear from thoses who have applied
There was some discussion about this card awhile back and a few of us were interested but not sure any DP's ever showed up (here anyways) so I forgot all about it. I feel like someone applied though but I can't remember who?? @magickingdomprincess ?? was it you?

Wow...thanks for the warning. Sorry for your unexpected separation but hopefully you will be reunited soon.

(It actually didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get another pink card if I lost this one.)

And, I misplace stuff all the time, plus lose stuff in my cars but usually they are easy to retrieve. I'd probably be out there with a screwdriver and socket set tearing the thing apart. And/or going to advance auto/napa/autozone playing the 'what tool do I need and how do you get this apart my card is stuck in there' game.

There was some discussion about this card awhile back and a few of us were interested but not sure any DP's ever showed up (here anyways) so I forgot all about it. I feel like someone applied though but I can't remember who?? @magickingdomprincess ?? was it you?

Thanks...I remember it being mentioned a while back but couldn’t take on more MSR then....trying to plan ahead since our next Chase applications will be for the CF so a small MSR

Mini panic moment:
Just received an email from Southwest that I'm flying from Providence to DC in March. Not booked on points thankfully, not booked on my CC thankfully. I logged into my RR acct and it's not showing there. I looked at the RR number in the email and it doesn't match mine. Whew. Looks like S. C. booked the flight for her and a friend who happens to share my name and sent the itinerary to the wrong email address.

You rarely can get any credit for DCP :( You can take online classes though. My dd is getting her basics out of the way at a community college anyway. It won't be anything for her to take an online class while in the CP. I don't think more than one as some kids work a TON of hours but maybe your dd could handle more??

Btw, the apps for the fall open tomorrow....!!!!!!!!!!!!

She certainly wouldn't be able to go in the fall as she would just be starting college then. So, would need to go for at least a semester. She was excited when I told her she would be able to apply but she also is considering Studying abroad one semester also. So, she will need to think this through. Thanks for all the good info!!

THIS. Sorry to hear, @tink1970 - but a replacement card is supposed to be issued in rose gold even though the color has been discontinued to new applications.
So @tink1970 just needs to request a replacement, then keep the car until the card expires. Then it doesn't matter if somewhere down the line someone eventually dug it out of there :rotfl:

@Haley R , it seems we couldn’t get any good Priceline deals for our trip because of some pro bowl at WWoS. Just saw it on my FB feed.

I did have beach club standard pop up last night for $298 (incl $35 extra adult fee) and I was going to switch but our arrival night wasn’t available so we’d have to do the airport Hyatt that night. I decided to stick with cbr instead since the total cost was still about $200 less and we can go straight to wdw and get settled in our room.
Now it is past my cancellation window, so I can stop obsessively checking for a better deal.:rotfl:
I would’ve convinced Dh to switch from cbr to beach club for that price! Lol

I think you get there a little earlier than us so hopefully we won’t have to deal with the pro bowl crowds but our problem is the weekend of 2/1 is a dance competition and there are literally no options for resorts. I feel lucky to have even gotten cbr. I do see the swan as an option but I’d rather not stay there

Wouldn't be quicker and cheaper just to request a replacement card from AmEx?

I considered it but I'm one of the ones who loves the pink and since they stopped issuing that Jan 9th I'm afraid it would be regular gold. Which would make me sad because I'm silly.

Wow...thanks for the warning. Sorry for your unexpected separation but hopefully you will be reunited soon.

(It actually didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get another pink card if I lost this one.)

And, I misplace stuff all the time, plus lose stuff in my cars but usually they are easy to retrieve. I'd probably be out there with a screwdriver and socket set tearing the thing apart. And/or going to advance auto/napa/autozone playing the 'what tool do I need and how do you get this apart my card is stuck in there' game.

LOL! I was on my hands and knees with a flashlight looking everywhere for it until I realized where it is (likely I hope). DH would kill me if I tried to DIY this car, though.

But it eventually needs to be retrieved because I wouldn't sell/trade in/send to the junkyard a car with a cc in it.

What an excellent point! We'll probably keep it another 3 -5 years but yeah, wouldn't want it leaving ownership with a cc floating around. The future owners are welcome to all the dog hair they want, though paw:

We leave for the airport in T-19 hours people!!!!! :scared::hyper:. I get terrible anxiety about two days before a trip thinking of ridiculous and obscure things that I *need* to do/pack/accomplish before I leave(but in actuality could not do and be totally fine). Once we are past security at the airport I calm down because it's done--there's no going back!

Is it online only? (My employer has the link blocked to check it.)
What sort of regime do you work under that blocks DOC?! That's hardcore!

When we went the week before Christmas...I constantly looked at the local Wesh2 websites weather forecast.....it was chilly that week...no pool, DH did go in the hot tub.

It’s already back to just showing showers now instead of storms. I can deal with rain because most rides will still run but thunder would create problems on our dah nights

I’m currently choosing to believe the Accuweather forecast over the Weather.com one because their rain % are lower each day. I reserve the right to switch my beliefs to the other forecast though at any time if it improves. :rotfl2::rotfl:

The weather looks at least marginally better than it did a few days ago. It seriously changes every five minutes. We are there from Wednesday to Tues. So far the highs are between 62-79 with lows between 44-68 :cold: . Such a wide range but I do think I need to remove some shorts and replace them with jeans. :charac2: I told my friends we would just need to go back when it's warm :teeth:. I am thinking October if a better plan doesn't pop up before then...

We leave for the airport in T-19 hours people!!!!! :scared::hyper:. I get terrible anxiety about two days before a trip thinking of ridiculous and obscure things that I *need* to do/pack/accomplish before I leave(but in actuality could not do and be totally fine). Once we are past security at the airport I calm down because it's done--there's no going back!

What sort of regime do you work under that blocks DOC?! That's hardcore!

The weather looks at least marginally better than it did a few days ago. It seriously changes every five minutes. We are there from Wednesday to Tues. So far the highs are between 62-79 with lows between 44-68 :cold: . Such a wide range but I do think I need to remove some shorts and replace them with jeans. :charac2: I told my friends we would just need to go back when it's warm :teeth:. I am thinking October if a better plan doesn't pop up before then...
Have fun! We won’t leave until Monday. I used to get super anxious traveling anywhere new because I would get so excited. I used to take pills for it that would make me loopy but I stopped taking them to see if I could deal with it myself. It’s gotten much better but we really only travel to wdw lol. We did go to a couple new places last year and I was fine. It used to be really bad on car trips. Let’s just say we stopped about every 10 minutes at a gas station.

I’m reluctantly going to pack jeans and sweatpants but I really hope I can tough it out and wear shorts. I would think 45 would be fine for me in shorts but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter