I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of doing Topolino's, but GG is not one of my faves contrary to popular opinion. I need to go look at what I booked for my April ADRs. Maybe I can squeeze in Topolino's also. For what it's worth, we really enjoyed Snow White Dinner!
We did the Snow White dinner last year and absolutely loved it so we are doing it again! We did GG for dinner once when DS was just under 2 years old and I was pregnant with DD. We liked it, but I think the outfits the characters are wearing at Topolino's are so cute and Daisy is my favorite!

Is anyone familiar with the Alaska Air companion fare? Right now bonus is Get 40,000 bonus miles plus Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) with this offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account. Then you get a companion fare each anniversary.

The bonus companion fare - does it expire (I assume so)? when? Trying to figure out when to time this. I would want to fly in July 2021. Probably book in July/Aug 2020 when flights open up.

Thanks.

Went to Busch Gardens Tampa on Christmas. I was hoping that tourists would be at Disney and locals would be with family, and we'd have the park to ourselves. That didn't work out, it was pretty crowded. But we had fun, they do a good job with christmas decorations.

2020 plans so far:
Feb cruise paid with cash, flights with SW RR
July trip to CA - SF to LA area and back, including DL. Flights on SW RR, hotels all with points.
Nov WDW with AA points for hotel. Flights probably with SW RR or might have to transfer some URs.
Plus there will be a lot of long weekend trips planned in between to various places. :D

I literally just went through this with Barclay. Thought I was denied, but then received the letter asking for identification information. I did as they asked and mailed all the requested photocopies. I received the email today that I was approved for the card. For reference, I sent my photocopies via USPS Priority Mail. I wanted confirmation that it was received/didn’t want all my personal information getting lost somewhere. It cost a small fortune but only took 2 days for Barclay to receive the letter. The letter arrived at Barclays this past Monday the 23rd and I received approval notification this morning. So really quickly. I was surprised.
As far as AA goes, if you don’t have any cards I say “why not” if you can use the miles. They just won’t be as easy to accumulate from now on.
Thanks for sharing! I guess I'll send the copies they requested and see what happens.

ROCKY MTN NP
We'll stay in Estes Park. There are places on Chase portal so I'll probably use those. I haven't booked anything yet for that one.
When schedule opens will be SW flights to Denver RR and CP. 😪 first time back without Timberline PP
Oh Rocky Mountain NP.. one of my favorite places ever. You might even be there during the Elk Rut. I highly recommend driving Trail Ridge Road if you can. We stayed at the Quality Inn in Estes Last summer and thought it was good. All the rooms are two story, with a studio-type room in the downstairs and then another bedroom upstairs. Not sure if you need that type of space but it was great for a family. There was also a gas fireplace and free breakfast in the morning which was ok., nothing too exciting but then its a Quality Inn.

What’s the latest on using the Verizon Amex Offer on gift cards? There seems to be a 5 quantity limit on each denomination. The $100 GCs seem to be in stock and I can add them to my cart, but when I submit the order it says they’re out of stock. When I try 5x$75, 2x$50, and 1x$25, it tells me I need to call in.

Do physical Verizon stores sell gift cards up to $500?

Have you tried checking back on the GCs the next day? I had the same thing happen but I just checked the next morning and all the $100 GCs were available and I was able to order.

I'm getting ready to apply for the 2nd credit card for my Southwest Companion Pass. I applied for the Performance Business when it had the 80,000 point offer. I was thinking of using the suggestion of applying for another business card, but when I look at my history, I'm kind of nervous about another business card. I have gotten 3 business cards this year:

CIP 1/10, 5/28 and the SW business on 10/10

I'm afraid I'm pushing my luck with another business card. With personal cards, I'm just 1/24 with the Arrival Plus card on 6/6/19.

When I look at the three available SW personal cards, one question I have it what can you use the $75 SW credit on if I would go with the Priority card? If it is on anything useful, that seems like a good option, but I really don't spend much actual cash with southwest since all flights are purchased with points and they have free checked bags. Can it be used for gift cards (that could possibly be sold)? Even then, seems like it would be much less hassle to just go with one of the lower tiered cards.

Just wondered what others are doing that are going the 1 business / 1 personal card route?

Thanks!

I'm getting ready to apply for the 2nd credit card for my Southwest Companion Pass. I applied for the Performance Business when it had the 80,000 point offer. I was thinking of using the suggestion of applying for another business card, but when I look at my history, I'm kind of nervous about another business card. I have gotten 3 business cards this year:

I'm afraid I'm pushing my luck with another business card. With personal cards, I'm just 1/24 with the Arrival Plus card on 6/6/19.

When I look at the three available SW personal cards, one question I have it what can you use the $75 SW credit on if I would go with the Priority card? If it is on anything useful, that seems like a good option, but I really don't spend much actual cash with southwest since all flights are purchased with points and they have free checked bags. Can it be used for gift cards (that could possibly be sold)? Even then, seems like it would be much less hassle to just go with one of the lower tiered cards.

Just wondered what others are doing that are going the 1 business / 1 personal card route?

Thanks!
I am not much help with the specific SW question, but I am curious on the business velocity also. I had 3 so far, and I REALLY need another card, big medical spend due, and was thinking of the other SW biz.

Oh Rocky Mountain NP.. one of my favorite places ever. You might even be there during the Elk Rut. I highly recommend driving Trail Ridge Road if you can. We stayed at the Quality Inn in Estes Last summer and thought it was good. All the rooms are two story, with a studio-type room in the downstairs and then another bedroom upstairs. Not sure if you need that type of space but it was great for a family. There was also a gas fireplace and free breakfast in the morning which was ok., nothing too exciting but then its a Quality Inn.
That is our plan, hopefully hit Elk Rut. Plans are for the last week of September and first few days in October. I’ve been there before in 2016. This will be DH‘s first time. I want to do my favorite hike to Emerald Lake and Trail Ridge Road. Those are must dos.

Thanks!
I completely understand your hesitation on the 2nd SW Biz card but really 3 is not many. DH currently has 4 open. As long as you keep your CL in check, you are ok.

Also, make sure you are using 125k as your target for CP. If you decide to go for a personal, I have a saved link from our recent SW flight for 50k that I am happy to share to get the greatest reward. I have no plans to use it since DH has fulfilled the CP reqs and I get nothing from it. PM me is you are interested in the 50k link.

Last edited:
January - Key West using our last unrestricted IHG free night certs,
April - NYC with niece and PlanePrincess to see Beetlejuice. This is her Xmas present. She was so happy she was crying this morning LOL - MR points, BonBlah FN certs
May - Weekend in Vero Beach. DVC points
July - Aulani and DLR. DVC points, AA miles, UA miles
September - Northern Ireland and Ireland. Ashford Castle with UR points. BA travel together ticket, Radisson Rewards points
November - Annual family Thanksgiving trip aka "Adventures in Herding Cats" DVC points
December - Africa - work in progress but likely a combo of UR and MR because I don't trust AA right now.
What an awesome present for your niece. I remember all of your planning, good to hear that she was excited as you thought she'd be!! BEST AUNT EVER!!

Thanks!

I use the $75 credit for the $5.60 in taxes on flights booked with points. You could also use it on EBCI or buy a gift card. I personally like the Priority card for the upgraded boardings, $75 credit and increased anniversary bonus points.

Thanks! I’ll keep checking back! Deal expires in 5 days and it’s definitely one I want to redeem!
I've been having the same issues. I have seen the $100s come back in stock earlier in the day when checking back, but I still get the message to call or come in :badpc: Happens on both my card and DHs. I did read at least one dp on Doc of someone buying a GC in store, I've been meaning to stop in

2020 Plans (completely reworked the past month)

Jan: WDW IHG FN+Points and UR Cashout for POR and SW pts + CPs, Gold APs purchased with highly discounted/free Disney GCs
May: WDW DVC and SW pts + CPs
June: Oklahoma for softball waiting for details and hoping I can book on points
College Station for softball waiting for details, will likely book with UR or other hotel points
July: WDW UR and SW pts + CPs
Sept?: WDW still deciding and SW pts + CPs
Nov/Dec: WDW still deciding and SW pts + CPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter