I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining in in the Toy Story Mania talk! My husband and I are super competitive. It's our favorite ride. And yes @PolyRob we know the tricks and usually work well together and get them all.

We both had in our vows (which we wrote independently) that we wouldn't be upset when we lose and wouldn't gloat when we win, some variation of that. I used to go on solo trips before he was in my life, and I used to kick his butt when he first started coming with me. But he's gotten up to speed and now we each have an equal chance of winning. One time he had a streak of 10 wins in a row and I got super upset. He had to remind me of the vows lol. I'm still sour about it and bring it up often haha!

On our Epcot days, we normally start at Hollywood Studios and make Toy Story our only FP+ then hop to Epcot. Seriously we love this ride. Our original wedding plans even included a ride mix in, but then we switched things.

I think my fav parks would be:
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Magic Kingdom

Sacrilege to put MK last I'm sure. But DHS is number one easily. Not only Toy Story, but 50's Prime Time/Tune In are very special to us. I still keep in touch with the first server I ever had at Prime Time, he and his wife were even at our wedding. And a few of the bartenders know to start us Electric Lemonades as soon as we walk in (old recipe only please! This was the signature drink at our wedding too!). Haha Hollywood Studios is my heart :)
I love this! I've also run in before Epcot many times! It is so convenient when staying at an Epcot area resort. I almost always do the Sunday am EMH and hit up all my favorites as well. I grab a Starbucks on my way out around 9:15am and hop to another park. I am sad SWGE may have changed that forever!

We actually stopped eating at Prime Time after our friend stopped working there. I don't love the food. But we definitely spend a lot of time at the bar! As long as one of the old school bartenders that knows how to make our drink is there. Alena, Dave M (from Wisconsin), and Julie. There's another Dave, he's from NJ. Actually the same town my mom grew up in and that my husband and I currently live in. But he doesn't remember the old recipe unfortunately. Home away from home lol.
I agree, the place is fun, but the food is ok there. I like the fried chicken, but if I am doing HDDR and/or Homecomin' there is only so much my body should consume LOL

Chase offers on biz cards now!

Been seeing the option in the app but it didn't work, was just blank so I thought it was a app glitch. Report on r/churning that offers are up and confirmed. I have just one offer, the same one for both Ink cards. SW Biz not showing the offers section right now for me and the drop down is a little glitchy for me, had to go into each card first before they showed up in the drop down to select, so not sure if that card isn't eligible yet or just an app thing right now.

ETA- forgot the link if anyone wanted to follow,
WOAH! Checking my biz cards now!!!

I love this! I've also run in before Epcot many times! It is so convenient when staying at an Epcot area resort. I almost always do the Sunday am EMH and hit up all my favorites as well. I grab a Starbucks on my way out around 9:15am and hop to another park. I am sad SWGE may have changed that forever!

I agree, the place is fun, but the food is ok there. I like the fried chicken, but if I am doing HDDR and/or Homecomin' there is only so much my body should consume LOL
I totally agree about 50s. We ate there for the first time earlier this year and the food was very mediocre imo. The waiter we had was fantastic though. He was so funny. I felt bad because the family next to us ignored him completely and their little girl was more interested in her iPad videos

I totally agree about 50s. We ate there for the first time earlier this year and the food was very mediocre imo. The waiter we had was fantastic though. He was so funny. I felt bad because the family next to us ignored him completely and their little girl was more interested in her iPad videos
UGH that is so unfortunate! I know the mobile devices help the kids behave, but I hope they are able to enjoy all that WDW has to offer! I will admit sometimes I am on my phone updating, refreshing, booking FP+, etc, but I really do try to shut out other notifications unless I am relaxing in the room or waiting for a bus or something. The waiters there really make it fun!

Amex offers $15 off $75 Macy's and 5% department stores on the same card. Love me some stacking, but do I really *need* anything? :scratchin
Be sure to check out the terms of the offer....The 5% offer is only valid online, with even more particulars added in. No ship to store, no orders shipped from a store, cant remember if there was more, but I'm not as excited about it after reading all the stipulations.

UGH that is so unfortunate! I know the mobile devices help the kids behave, but I hope they are able to enjoy all that WDW has to offer! I will admit sometimes I am on my phone updating, refreshing, booking FP+, etc, but I really do try to shut out other notifications unless I am relaxing in the room or waiting for a bus or something. The waiters there really make it fun!
It’s okay to be on your phone sometimes but this family sat in silence. The parents didn’t talk and the little girl just watched the iPad. It didn’t look like a very fun vacation

I want my 15% off supermarkets, dammit! And I want it on my Rose Gold card now, Amex!
Me too. I got Chuck E Cheese 🤢
I've never even heard of most of the companies/stores on mine!
Same. Last week, I had one for Make Room for Truman. I wondered if Truman was a dog...
Oh these are my favorite kind of nights... People go to bed and we put up 5 pages of new comments and then they wake up and are all like: "What the......."
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

SORRY GUYS!!! LOL!!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Sorry not sorry
narrowly missing the beginning of "summer break" trips)
Actually DS gets out of school May 22, so our flight to California will be June 6.
Thats how I read it too, but was not sure if that was the case. We'll have at least three devices on each trip so hoping that we can use it on all our devices for the limited amount of trips we do.
I hope so too. Otherwise the credits on that ‘fancy’ card will be useless.
No luck with that offer on my cards either.

I clearly need more Amex cards.
My DH needs an Amex Card. He has none. Thinking Hilton for the groceries
Our last trip we were able to ride it like 4-5 times in a row one night. We finally had to stop because we were getting sore. lol TSMM and Men in Black are favorites of ours. We are all super competitive, but I lose every time. I have super bad vision, so I blame it on that. lol But really, I just have terrible eye/hand coordination. I suck at video games too.
DS is super competitive but usually loses. Its awful, when he was younger he would have huge meltdowns. It’s not hand eye coordination because he is good on video games at home (on iPad at least.) I’m wondering if it’s partly because he’s color blind. I know at SixFlags one of the games uses a different color beam for each player and he can’t see all of them. I usually just suck at the games intentionally so he doesn’t come in last (DH usually wins).

Amex offers $15 off $75 Macy's and 5% department stores on the same card. Love me some stacking, but do I really *need* anything? :scratchin
Used a Macy's offer of $10 off $50 to buy a very small rice cooker last time. The cooker is perfect as I don't want to mess with leftover rice in a big thing I'd have to clean, but probably not going to use the $75 as I just don't buy much there.

Catching up, but reading in reverse. I see crafting discussion and wanted to chime in. I have a Silhouette Cameo, which I LOVE. Haven't used a cricut though. DH got my cameo about 8 years ago and I've used it to make tons of shirts (countless Disney shirts), we both use it for decals and we've made lots of other projects over the years. About 5 years ago he bought me a Sunie 15x15 clamshell heat press. After using it for the first time, I can't believe I ever used an iron before. Its soooo much easier and my HTV has much better adhesion.

Catching up, but reading in reverse. I see crafting discussion and wanted to chime in. I have a Silhouette Cameo, which I LOVE. Haven't used a cricut though. DH got my cameo about 8 years ago and I've used it to make tons of shirts (countless Disney shirts), we both use it for decals and we've made lots of other projects over the years. About 5 years ago he bought me a Sunie 15x15 clamshell heat press. After using it for the first time, I can't believe I ever used an iron before. Its soooo much easier and my HTV has much better adhesion.
Thank you! I never knew this existed, but the inside looks just like a Cricut! Also another endorsement for a professional heat press. It seems like the way to go haha

Last edited:
I throw in the towel on AS and PP. Seattle, Portland and Anchorage have left/are leaving PP. LAX is basically impossible to enter, so that literally leaves just JFK (which I also assume is basically impossible to enter). It’s died a slow death, put it out of its misery.
Two weeks ago we were surprisingly able to access the lounge in ANC. While it was relatively vacant, I was pretty disappointed with the offerings. Salads, yogurt and soups were available, and while adequate for a snack, rather boring fare and not terribly filling. I inquired about adding a little "zing" to my coffee. That will be $8.50 please. The whole experience was very ho-hum, but it was better than....... NOTHING. !?!?!

So all the crafting (Cricut, etc) posts have me wondering (I am NOT a crafty person AT ALL so I don't have anything like that)...

I had a t shirt that I love, (it's an Oxford Comma shirt that my mom ordered for me some time ago), but the shirt itself wasn't very good quality. I have a neighbor who "makes" t shirts (not sure what machine/device she uses) and she said she could duplicate the words and the design on the front, but it's not screen printing (obviously), so I notice that while the shirt itself is a stretchy material, whatever she used to actually make the design out of does NOT stretch, thereby making a sort of weird fit.

Is this just how it is with that type of machine? Can the experts here chime in?

Congrats sorry for the delay finally caught up since phone gets so many pop ups.
I use the bug soap from the basin and it works great for everyone in my family. Haven’t used bug spray this summer thanks to the bug soap. Haven’t gotten mosquito bites either. Use it in the am and outside all day and night while camping.
Bug soap? That sounds very interesting, do you know what the active ingredient is?
Sw performance card came in today’s mail. Now I can pay a couple bills and then put it away till late December. I did notice that my first payment due is in December. This is further out than my other business cards.
When did you get approved? I see mine in my Chase account so I know it should be here soon. I am just anxious to order couches for the vaca house so they are delivered when the contractor is at the house. Otherwise I'm going to have to arrange for someone else to go over there and wait. The long distance thing is more problematic than I anticipated, mostly because I'm all but out of vacation time.

Y'all!!! Amex offers are back on desktop for me! I've only been able to pull them up on my phone for a couple months but I can get them on desktop now. Woot!!!
I had to switch off Chrome.
My Plat fee finally posted and I called for a retention offer. I offered $200 for $3k in spend. Maybe I’ll keep it one more year???
Were you willing to let it close? I am struggling with how to start the conversation. It would be different if it didn't matter to me if they closed it but I definitely don't want that to happen.
SOOOOO, small disclosure....my mom and stepdad are going with us in December. They want to see their grand-daughter perform in the CP - who wouldn't?? - SO, they are not Disney fans but they are going. They don't know we bought in to DVC. My mom is super frugal and thinks DVC is a horrible, horrible investment cause all 'timeshares' are bad. I don't want her to know we bought in. I'm keeping it a secret so I think I will have to forgo the dvc lounge this trip :guilty: I'm so sad about that. We loved hanging out there in Aug. It was just a lovely addition to our Epcot day!
This mom didn't know you bought into DVC either. That's great, so happy for you! Where did you end up buying?

SOOOOO, small disclosure....my mom and stepdad are going with us in December. They want to see their grand-daughter perform in the CP - who wouldn't?? - SO, they are not Disney fans but they are going. They don't know we bought in to DVC. My mom is super frugal and thinks DVC is a horrible, horrible investment cause all 'timeshares' are bad. I don't want her to know we bought in. I'm keeping it a secret so I think I will have to forgo the dvc lounge this trip :guilty: I'm so sad about that. We loved hanging out there in Aug. It was just a lovely addition to our Epcot day!

When we bought in 2006 my brother told me that I was stupid for spending that kind of money. Every year that we go on the family trip I remind him how I would not be able to provide a family trip if not for DVC. I also inform him how much money I could make selling DVC if I chose too which is far more than we paid. I have explained that DVC was a better investment than the stock market. It appreciates in value over time due to ROFR and I get to reap the benefits of said value while my "investment appreciates"and is far more secure of an investment and less volatile than the stock market. He has since then changed his opinion.
When I bought my 1st contract in 1998 I had just gone through a 3 year divorce and used a significant chunk of my settlement to purchase BWV. I was ____ bent on making sure my DD's had great childhood vacation memories and a safe place that we could all enjoy. I know what they all thought, especially my ex's family (very few dared to say it to my face) but fast forward and I look like a freaking genius (and comparatively I think I am lol). It has worked out way better than I could have ever imagined. Even my ex, (who is no longer my ex) admits it was a good move (however he still maintains that it was a stupid move at the time).

Bug soap? That sounds very interesting, do you know what the active ingredient is?

When did you get approved? I see mine in my Chase account so I know it should be here soon. I am just anxious to order couches for the vaca house so they are delivered when the contractor is at the house. Otherwise I'm going to have to arrange for someone else to go over there and wait. The long distance thing is more problematic than I anticipated, mostly because I'm all but out of vacation time.
I can’t seem to tag @3DD loves princesses but it might be this one
https://basin.com/mosquito-fighting-soap/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter