I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay we’re down to 3 flights. I have holds on each that expire tomorrow at midnight. All 1 way economy, 30K AA miles/tix, and $5.60 taxes/fees. Help me choose!!

It appears that each of the connecting airports have only the one flight to BCN each day. So if we miss it for whatever reason we’ll be waiting 24 hours for the next one or scrambling to get to one of the other airports if their next flight is available.

#3 has the best times and shortest total time. The short layover worries me a bit in a large and busy airport however I feel better that it appears to connect in the same terminal.

I’m not sure that #2 offers anything better than #3 except a less crowded and smaller airport (I think).

#1 is the safest bet with longest layover. I’m not thrilled that it has a super small connector plane to get to PHL though.

#1 PHL 2 hr 26 min (should arrive F, depart A)
-Embraer ERJ-145 (ER4)
-Airbus A330-200 (332)

View attachment 424569

#2 CLT 1 hr 16 min (should arrive gate E, depart D)
-Bombardier CRJ-900 (CR9)
-Airbus A330-200 (332)

View attachment 424571

#3 ORD 1 hr 22 min (should be same terminal to connect)
-Bombardier CRJ-700 (CR7)
-Boeing 787-8 (788)

View attachment 424570
I like the PHL connection much better than ORD. That airport is huge! PHL is much easier to navigate.

OMG, my husband is at O'Hare, just landed from Munich, and I happened to look at his reservation on United.com, and it now says

A modification has been made to your itinerary.
Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

So I am on hold with United, as they say this ticket hasn't ever been confirmed or purchased. They ask "he is in Munich", to which I say "no, he just landed in Chicago, and he has a boarding pass for Chicago". They are confused and I am on hold. My dh will blow a gasket if something goes wrong.

@bernina - I agree with the PPs about the PHL being the best option (and I can say I like the nice Centurion lounge there.) Less than 2 hours at O'Hare would make me stressed (says the person who just realized her DH booked a 1 hour 40 minute layover in CDG and isn't happy about it).

@snugglebug - Aquarium of the Bay near Pier 39? I agree with @afan - skip it. (It’s kind of sad.) We’re a bit spoiled by the Monterey Bay Aquarium — 2.5 hrs away — but the underwater exhibits at the California Academy of Sciences are pretty spectacular, and much nicer and natural to their ecosystems than what’s at the Aquarium of the Bay. If you’re interested in seeing some marine life, the Cal Academy has a large Phillipines reef exhibit showcasing colorful tropical fish and coral; another tank featuring fish, animals and plants native to the California coast; a flooded rainforest exhibit with Amazonian fish and flora that you can view from under a glass tunnel. There are many other things to see at the Cal Academy, including catching a show in the planetarium, see Claude the albino alligator, checking out the butterflies and plant life in the rainforest exhibit, take in the views of Golden Gate Park and the surrounding neighborhoods from the living roof, etc.

100% agree on the Academy of Sciences over the Aquarium at the pier. We have been regular visitors to the first and only visited the latter when dropping my DM off nearby for a cruise. And if you visit the AoS you can also take a walk in Golden Gate Park if you want to.

@Lain, now I know who to ask for local restaurant ideas!

I have lots to post when we get home about our trip and hotel experiences but just want to say ‘I ❤ swolphin’. So glad we finally took a chance and tried it out!

Glad you like it, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! Enjoy your trip!

Thank! DD and I brought ours, DH thinks we’re nuts :rotfl2: 🌦

Just arrived at the airport. Through security (thank you pre check from Amex Plats and CSR) and eating at PF Chang’s before our 6pm flight. It was 80 here in Michigan today but almost no humidity and a strong breeze. I actually had to grab a sweater at one point. Will be a shock to my system for sure when we step off MDE. Totally worth it though. Also managed to snag a ADR at Sci Fi for dinner (and AC) tomorrow. Love TP reservation finder.

Can’t wait to hear about your trip.
We had feels like temps of 111 today. It was so hot!

We used scootaround a couple years ago. I was able to rent through the UR portal and they delivered to our resort.
I see the rental through the UR portal but I am confused how I get it set-up for delivery (which I think is free.) It’s only 7500 URs which I would burn to make my mom more comfortable.

Looks like you have good options. Have you used your Plat airline incidental credit yet? Can you look to see what the seat selection options are for the 3 itineraries you have - maybe the credit would cover Main Cabin Extra seats?

Otherwise, I'd personally lean toward PHL for the Centurion Lounge to hang out in and get dinner.

Thank you! We both used our Plat credits for Delta ecerts earlier this year (just landed in MCO on the flight we redeemed them with). I think because I have gold status (temporarily from a promo someone posted here awhile back) it let me select main cabin extra seats which was pretty neat.

Our Plats won’t be active come next July, maybe I’ll need to find a way to get that Centurion access before that time. There’s always the Business Plat.. :scratchin

Last edited:
We just got back from our day trip and it was lots of fun despite the heat. Dh decided on St. Augustine and it was pretty cool. There are a lot of old, historical things there. My two favorite things were the old jail and the chocolate tour/tasting. During both of those we had amazing tour guides which really made the whole experience. I’ll attach some pictures from our trip.

On a separate note, my baby niece is still in the hospital and now has a yeast infection that has spread to her kidneys and is in her blood. They said she keeps having seizures so they are doing brain surgery. She has a 50% chance of living. She’s been fighting so well so I hope she pulls through.

Attachments

• 89F5E471-7902-4E3F-8E28-434446BBC80C.jpeg
    89F5E471-7902-4E3F-8E28-434446BBC80C.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 5111734B-FA18-47EF-BBED-E9B2D8A640AA.jpeg
    5111734B-FA18-47EF-BBED-E9B2D8A640AA.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 28
  • BC11F1A0-CB31-4720-B96A-53E49B704E57.jpeg
    BC11F1A0-CB31-4720-B96A-53E49B704E57.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DE986F13-EA41-47F1-8AAE-E17FD47A8D79.jpeg
    DE986F13-EA41-47F1-8AAE-E17FD47A8D79.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 7AAC83D5-F4BE-4499-8F55-64874BE18BC4.jpeg
    7AAC83D5-F4BE-4499-8F55-64874BE18BC4.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 0EE1CD45-21F2-4184-A30E-9BFEE9F6D1D2.jpeg
    0EE1CD45-21F2-4184-A30E-9BFEE9F6D1D2.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 24
On a separate note, my baby niece is still in the hospital and now has a yeast infection that has spread to her kidneys and is in her blood. They said she keeps having seizures so they are doing brain surgery. She has a 50% chance of living. She’s been fighting so well so I hope she pulls through.

I liked your post above for your day trip photos. Definitely not a like hearing about your niece. I’ll keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

We just got back from our day trip and it was lots of fun despite the heat. Dh decided on St. Augustine and it was pretty cool. There are a lot of old, historical things there. My two favorite things were the old jail and the chocolate tour/tasting. During both of those we had amazing tour guides which really made the whole experience. I’ll attach some pictures from our trip.

So sorry to hear about your niece! Hoping for the best!!

I hope your niece gets better soon.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting. Called the status line and got 7-10 days. Almost certain denial. Which is fine. I just wish they wouldn't tempt me! I hadn't seen the $200 statement credit for the no-fee card!

It seemed too good to be true.
It was. LOL.
The $200 statement is the offer you get with a support link for the no fee card. I think you said you already had the card. Maybe you could have P2 apply with your link?

I see the rental through the UR portal but I am confused how I get it set-up for delivery (which I think is free.) It’s only 7500 URs which I would burn to make my mom more comfortable.
It’s been about 8 months so I don’t completely remember. I believe I may have called the company and talked to someone before we rented. There was an issue with their delivery van and we picked up the scooter. We used them again this spring for a 2 week wheelchair rental that we just paid for. They delivered the rental to the front desk and picked it up afterwards.

Sincerely sorry to hear about your niece.

I can't remember for sure, did you do Pop the other nights? I do love Pop, and it will always be special as our first Disney hotel anyways, but... Swolphin :love: :love: :love: So excited to be back there next weekend, and that we'll get a bit more time on Friday since we are taking the earlier flight.
Pop was arrival night and then POR for 4 nights. So glad at Swan for 5 nights!

It’s been about 8 months so I don’t completely remember. I believe I may have called the company and talked to someone before we rented. There was an issue with their delivery van and we picked up the scooter. We used them again this spring for a 2 week wheelchair rental that we just paid for. They delivered the rental to the front desk and picked it up afterwards.
Thanks. Maybe I’ll just rent it directly since I can see on their website where to put the info to have it delivered since we definitely do not want to be picking it up.

Sending your niece, you and your family all the positive vibes I’ve got. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter