I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be sure to report back. I'm expecting to be denied, and was kind of amazed to receive the mailer in the first place and not be instantly denied when I applied.

It's funny, I was just posting to someone on the myfico forum this morning who was all upset with Chase because they'd received a mailer and so had applied and gotten denied. This person was done with Chase because of this. So, here I go explaining that those mailers can be so tempting and hard to resist, but if you don't meet the requirements Chase won't approve you.

And then I went to the mailbox...and fell for the same thing. Heh.
It will be interesting to find out if you get approved. There are plenty of DPs on r/churning with other Chase mailers with fixed APRs, but I've never seen a Disney one. Good luck!

Yes, I realize that. I have read data points with people over 5/24 getting Chase mailers with fixed APR and applying and getting approved.
I went ahead and applied. Said they need to review more and will let me know ASAP. Not a flat denial, so...we'll see.

I am 99% sure a fixed APR mailer does not bypass 5/24, only a Just For You offer on your online account or a pre-approval in-branch.

Did the application still show a fixed APR as well? What does the status line say?

T7-T6-T5-TBIT are all connected via walkways.
TBIT-T3-T2 are connected via Bus.
T1 is isolated for now.

Is this at MCO? We’re at DTW right now. Might see if we can get into a PP lounge at MCO on arrival (I know it can be hit or miss) to grab some snacks before walking over to the hotel.

T7-T6-T5-TBIT are all connected via walkways.
TBIT-T3-T2 are connected via Bus.
T1 is isolated for now.
For some reason I thought PF Chang's LAX required an international boarding pass?

Also, I'm sorry you know LAX terminal connections off the top of your head. You've obviously had to spend too much time in that soul sucking airport ;)

No PP benefits here at DTW, we had to pay cash (well charge to Amex Hilton to help with MSR). Like peasants!
Ah! Sorry assumed you were at LAX, oops! .....CASH?!!!! :sad:

Is this at MCO? We’re at DTW right now. Might see if we can get into a PP lounge at MCO on arrival (I know it can be hit or miss) to grab some snacks before walking over to the hotel.
Nah, he's just helping me out with my LAX geography.

(Glad @Albort did the refresher though because I'm headed through LAX soon and I had assumed T2 & T3 were connected to TBIT by walkway like the other side is by now LOL *cue snickers from all my fellow Californians at the thought of LAX getting it together that much*)

Yes, I realize that. I have read data points with people over 5/24 getting Chase mailers with fixed APR and applying and getting approved.
I went ahead and applied. Said they need to review more and will let me know ASAP. Not a flat denial, so...we'll see.
Intrigued. 5/24 denials by a computer are almost instant, they say need more time after you apply but then the status line says 7-10 days.

Nah, he's just helping me out with my LAX geography.

(Glad @Albort did the refresher though because I'm headed through LAX soon and I had assumed T2 & T3 were connected to TBIT by walkway like the other side is by now LOL *cue snickers from all my fellow Californians at the thought of LAX getting it together that much*)

it will be. delta is still renovating it since they took over T2, T3.
T1-T2 area is also in heavy construction as well, which im assuming will be a walkway airside.

LAX just happens to be my home airport lol.

Didn't really find anything at eithet outlet, yes I ended up at both since I didn't want to sit in my room all afternoon. It's been overcast which helps along with going in and out of ac. Bought some post its, a notepad and shocker! an unneeded mickey notebook. @amalone1013 understands, the struggle is real.

Intrigued. 5/24 denials by a computer are almost instant, they say need more time after you apply but then the status line says 7-10 days.
Yeah, that's what I'm getting. Called the status line and got 7-10 days. Almost certain denial. Which is fine. I just wish they wouldn't tempt me! I hadn't seen the $200 statement credit for the no-fee card!

It seemed too good to be true.
It was. LOL.

I am 99% sure a fixed APR mailer does not bypass 5/24, only a Just For You offer on your online account or a pre-approval in-branch.

Did the application still show a fixed APR as well? What does the status line say?
Status line says the dreaded 7-10 days. Boooo. Oh well.

two week absence (WBC stay etc) and I try to access DIS Churners for update of this thread and I get archive info . what did I miss . why was it archived . my guess TMI issue or Tin Hat . basically the same thing at least to me . PM if secret hand shake is needed . hee
Nothing crazy, no tin foil hat club shenanigans yet. I assume your issue is because of the semi-annual refresh where a new post was created. Here's the direct link to the latest News and Discussion thread

Reddit itself archives posts after 6 months so a new one needs to be created, and a link to the previous one is added to the initial post for convenience. The latest one is also pinned as a sticky on the main DISchurners subreddit page.

A couple other posts have been refreshed as well so if you had anything bookmarked that's going to archive, may want to check the main page for the latest versions.

Wish we’d stayed here for all our nights!!
I can't remember for sure, did you do Pop the other nights? I do love Pop, and it will always be special as our first Disney hotel anyways, but... Swolphin :love: :love: :love: So excited to be back there next weekend, and that we'll get a bit more time on Friday since we are taking the earlier flight.
Didn't really find anything at eithet outlet, yes I ended up at both since I didn't want to sit in my room all afternoon. It's been overcast which helps along with going in and out of ac. Bought some post its, a notepad and shocker! an unneeded mickey notebook. @amalone1013 understands, the struggle is real.
:rotfl:
I was looking at the Shop Disney website today because they've added new kitchen things... and also a notebook I want now. I've resisted so far...

I went to Sams today to get my free $45 gift card, and surprisingly mine was the first mailer they had seen. They had no idea what it was. I thought for sure tons of people would have redeemed them by now. No issues at all though, they read the mailer, gave me a gift card (and a plastic membership card so I could finally get gas there) and I was on my way.

Okay we’re down to 3 flights. I have holds on each that expire tomorrow at midnight. All 1 way economy, 30K AA miles/tix, and $5.60 taxes/fees. Help me choose!!

It appears that each of the connecting airports have only the one flight to BCN each day. So if we miss it for whatever reason we’ll be waiting 24 hours for the next one or scrambling to get to one of the other airports if their next flight is available.

#3 has the best times and shortest total time. The short layover worries me a bit in a large and busy airport however I feel better that it appears to connect in the same terminal.

I’m not sure that #2 offers anything better than #3 except a less crowded and smaller airport (I think).

#1 is the safest bet with longest layover. I’m not thrilled that it has a super small connector plane to get to PHL though.

#1 PHL 2 hr 26 min (should arrive F, depart A)
-Embraer ERJ-145 (ER4)
-Airbus A330-200 (332)

View attachment 424569

#2 CLT 1 hr 16 min (should arrive gate E, depart D)
-Bombardier CRJ-900 (CR9)
-Airbus A330-200 (332)

View attachment 424571

#3 ORD 1 hr 22 min (should be same terminal to connect)
-Bombardier CRJ-700 (CR7)
-Boeing 787-8 (788)

View attachment 424570

Looks like you have good options. Have you used your Plat airline incidental credit yet? Can you look to see what the seat selection options are for the 3 itineraries you have - maybe the credit would cover Main Cabin Extra seats?

Otherwise, I'd personally lean toward PHL for the Centurion Lounge to hang out in and get dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter