I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking my spreadsheet: don't you already have the Brilliant? Or did your wife get it?

I do. I want two Brilliants because another 50k FN cert is much more useful to us than another 35k cert, especially if Amex is willing to give me bonus points to upgrade my card to get that higher cert. But I think because I already have the Brilliant, I'm not getting targeted with upgrade offers on my SPG personal card. I'm holding off on the Brilliant for DW to stretch out her 5/24 status a little longer. Maybe, in a year, when her SPG personal turns one, she'll get targeted with an upgrade offer, then we can sign up for the Brilliant and upgrade to the Brilliant at the same time.

I just booked a night at a 35k hotel for September. I don't have enough points and chose the points advance, but will want to use my certificate when it gets deposited into my account (expecting it soon). Think I'll be able to call and have them apply it? The cash rate for the hotel is over $400 for that night so paying $95 for it seems like a deal!

I don't think you even need to call. I've had a few reservations sitting in my account on points advance, and about 15 days prior to check-in date, Marriott automatically applied one of my free night certs to the reservation. I was kind of salty about that because it was a 35K night, and Marriott applied my 50K night cert. So I canceled the reservation to free up my 50K night, and rebooked the night with a 35K night certificate (I have a Brilliant and a Marriott Premier).

I have had 4 Chase business cards at once but not two of the same kind.....
Pretty sure there is someone here who recently received their 3rd CIP.....don’t have a spreadsheet like @Lain :rolleyes1 so don’t remember who
That would be the legendary @3 DD love princesses whose CIPpy cup doth overflow!

Here's the excitement for those that didn't see it the first time around - this happened about 2 weeks ago :)

uggg the waiting game with chase to see if you are approved. applied today and waited 3 hours before I checked the status line. think thats a record for me :-) come on chase approve me so I can have my card overnighted
I’m a bit out of the loop today. Are you going for CIP3?
yes hoping it gets approved I hated spending all the money this past week without working on a spend and knowing that dd surgery is next week I need a card in my hands now :-)
I'm right there with you on the waiting game. If it weren't for this being a multiple card I would have already spoken to CS to find out the status. But being I don't want extra eyes on my account I'm having to wait. So hard to sit and wait. Just called again and still 30 days which is a good sign I guess. So used to being auto approved or calling right away. I just keep telling myself the wait will be worth it as long as I'm approved!
YAY approved! now do I call or SM to have my card overnighted? Don't really want to have to answer questions or get my approval taken away since I have two CIPs active now.

I do have two businesses (more like hobbies since I can't find hosts right now). one is with food and the other is scrapbooking, card making, stamping, paper crafts
Are you our first CIP3 candidate??? :D
9/17, 2/19, 5/19 incase you are updating your spreadsheet :-) and to help anyone else as a DP

Last edited:
Can I get 4 people into the Centurion Lounge if I have both the Plat and Biz Plat? I'm guessing it's a no similar to how Priority Pass works, but hoping I'm wrong!

For those trying to SEARCH on the new DIS...It seems the default search results sort is "RELEVANCE" which really stinks with our thread to be honest in many cases.

Since most times when we are searching here, you're looking for something that somebody said recently and/or you know approximately when it was said...then I would recommend clicking "Advanced Search" then say order by "DATE". Those results have been far easier to filter through.

Can I get 4 people into the Centurion Lounge if I have both the Plat and Biz Plat? I'm guessing it's a no similar to how Priority Pass works, but hoping I'm wrong!

I'm not sure about this exact scenario with the Plats (my kids have AU Plats so that's how we get 4 in to Centurion), but just wanted to say that I have used two of my different PP memberships (one from Plat, one from CSR) to get the 4 of us into PP lounges multiple times.

@mmmears I haven't been looking at flights into AUK but I have into SYD on United. I was getting frustrated because it seemed nothing was available in J saver. And then last week, all kinds of flights were once again available for 80K!

Out of IAH, there's huge availability on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays during April 2020. I can once again find multiple connections from PHL and EWR (my preferred airports for United since we can get a shuttle v easily) though IAH :) Those are "mixed" flights because the first leg---but it beats taking SW to Hobby and shuttling to IAH with an overnight stay!

Availability in J on the LAX-SYD flight during the April 2020 time period is pretty good, with Sundays and Mondays available as well as a couple random days (haven't looked at connections from east coast though).

The SFO-SYD flight during that same time period stinks with only one day.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I saw the once a week flight from SFO and figured we could always fly out of LAX. But the lack of consistent availability worries me. If we do go, it'll likely be land in Aus and then a cruise around NZ, and I'd hate to have it all booked and then not be able to get the air.

Very short May recap...

DH's CiP finally approved (okay, we waited for his 1 April to fall off then I reapplied and didn't mess it up) and it "miraculously" came (🤣...he still is befuddled about how that happened, bless his heart!). In true slow churner style that @mmmears and @LuckyMamaInDE would appreciate (and his impatient wife does not!), he's 26% done with the MSR.

I am struggling to avoid FOMO and get under 5/24 (if I don't succumb, 12/1/19 will be my CIP application date). So I took an Amex Offer upgrade (gold biz to plat biz) and I'm working on that 10k MSR. Insurance/flood bills just came in and will knock off 58% of that in one fell swoop.

Boring month but sometimes I just have to slow down and stay the course!

also :offtopic:...Friday was convocation for DD and yesterday was high school graduation so we've had a lot of craziness at our house...family is now gone so I can return to note taking and scheming full time:rolleyes:

Yep, we've slowed down so much there really isn't anything to share. :( Stay the course so you can get your own CIP! And congrats on the graduation. I hope things slow down now.

Well, you had me beat on MR points. I keep going through them and can't seem to build a stash LOL

Same. I think we used about 550K MRs in the past year. I find them really useful and they just seem to slip through my fingers and then I worry that our balance is too low.

Isn’t that the point of these points?! Looking at numbers on a screen doesn’t do me any good.

Good point. I want to have an earn & burn mentality since all these points can be devalued at any time without notice. But then I spend them and I look at the low balance online and feel empty inside. :rotfl:

Suggestions for a warm, family friendly, short (5 days) vacation in October? My plans for December Costa Rica have been scrapped but I am still holding out hope for a short getaway in the fall.
Our go to is Punta Cana. We always stay at the Bahia Principe Esmeralda. We have our 6th visit in Aug. Twp rooms for 5 nights (3A + 1C) for $1700. We’ll be returning for Christmas! SW flies their direct from BWI so it is an easy 4 hrs to get there.

Isn't an Amex lifetime only about 7 years?
In churning that is a lifetime LOL. I think we have had everything they have except the $$$ one in the last 7 years. Some more than once for various reasons. Dh hasn’t had Delta biz plat but they hate him right now.

That would make the 3rd Chase Biz for each of us. Do you think I need to cancel my old one first?

Just make sure your total credit limits with Chase is sufficiently low. Usual guideline is 50% of income. If income is high, there may be some other hard cap. If I don't plan to use a card much, I just lower it to $2000.

Since the CIP has an annual fee, was there a reason you have yours open? You can close or PC, I don't think it matters for the app. Your P2's biz cards are less than a year old, so leave those open.

I'm really curious how these quotes are going to look as my multi quote seemed really weird.

But this made me comment 1. @Lain thanks for the 'clean' 20. I hate dirty cash which is a great reason to use credit.
2. @DisneyMandC - one of the local post offices doesn't do money orders any more...not sure if it is all post offices...they are very close to a local car auction. People would go in and buy money orders up to the limit...maybe close to 10K...on auction days. Money getting laundered for sure as these were all cash transactions with the same participants.

Then the worst happened - 5 masked robbers robbed the post office near closing right after an auction day.....got away with a huge amount of cash. That said, it didn't even make the news here.
Definitely not all since the gentleman in front of me yesterday purchased one at my local PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter