I lost my husband

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
My husband took his own life in February and he took part of me with him. I never knew it was possible to feel the way I do right now- which is every emotion at once. I am beyond sad, I am angry, yet I am happy at times- I even laughed with friends over the weekend and then I feel guilty for having feelings of happiness. I feel guilty for not seeing how much pain he was in. I know he loved me, he showed me and told me all the time and I loved him beyond words. I guess after being in the Army for 29 years, he just felt without purpose. I know how much he missed the structure. These are my thoughts, there was no note. If anyone has experience with anything like this and wants to share here or in a private message, please do. I am truly lost. Yes, I am in therapy.

Lorelei, I don't know what to say. I am so sorry to read this. :hug:'s It seems like yesterday meeting you and your family in Mexico in Epcot. Blessings with prayers for you, your daughter and your son. God speed for your husband. I am so sorry, Lorelei. :hug:'s

My husband took his own life in February and he took part of me with him. I never knew it was possible to feel the way I do right now- which is every emotion at once. I am beyond sad, I am angry, yet I am happy at times- I even laughed with friends over the weekend and then I feel guilty for having feelings of happiness. I feel guilty for not seeing how much pain he was in. I know he loved me, he showed me and told me all the time and I loved him beyond words. I guess after being in the Army for 29 years, he just felt without purpose. I know how much he missed the structure. These are my thoughts, there was no note. If anyone has experience with anything like this and wants to share here or in a private message, please do. I am truly lost. Yes, I am in therapy.
:hug:

:hug: I'm so sorry. No words are adequate to soothe you but just know that we care. Please know that absolutely everything you're feeling right now is completely normal and things you think you should be feeling but aren't; well, that's normal too. There's no way around the pain and grief of this monumental loss; only through and it's a forever process. I'm glad you've got someone to work through it with as it comes and glad you shared with us. Grace and peace. :flower3:

My heart hurts for you. I can’t imagine your pain. I hope you can find a way to process all that has happened to you and your family.

I am so very sorry for your loss. We are here for you, please lean on us as much, or as little, as you need to.

I wish I had words that could help you, but the only thing I can think to say is I'm sorry. My heart breaks for you. :hug:

So very sorry for your loss 😞 prayers for strength to get through this difficult time

I wish there is something I could say or do to make it easier for you. My thoughts and prayers for you. :hug:

Oh, I am so so sorry! I do not have words...just a prayer for you, for peace and healing.

I am so sorry. :hug:

I don't know much about this but I sense that you might have to realize that there was nothing you could do. I can't imagine how you feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter