I know this varies, but how long would dinner at Boma take?!

SJMommy

Mouseketeer
Hi, I know this is a buffet, but Im thinking enough of you have gone there for dinner you can probably give me a rough estimate! thanks!!!! (Im trying to see if/how long will it take to get to poly to see the fireworks!)

We ate dinner at Boma once this past April and January. Checked in at 6:20pm on both occasions. We were seated within 10 minutes. The meal itself took less than an hour both times. That included four trips for me to the buffet line.

Depends partly on the number of people in your group, and if kids figure in the mix.

It's not the kind of meal you want to rush. Our all-adults party normally spend about an hour.

Not sure about Disney transport to the Poly. If you are driving plan at least 30 minutes to get from AKL to Poly. :earsboy:

It's a buffet and there aren't any characters, so how long it will take is very much dependent on what type of diner you are.
If you ask for the check when you sit down, you'll be ale to just get up and leave whenever you're ready.
Now, depending on what kind of transportation you have, getting from Jambo House to the Polynesian can take quite some time. If you're driving you're ok. But if you're using the Disney bus service, you'll have to take the bus to a park or DTD first and then transfer to a bus for the Poly (or take the bus to a monorail). In that case, it won't be Boma, but the transportation that will be the real unknown. If you wind up waiting a while for a bus.....all bets are off.

We have 4 kids. We had reservations around 5:30pm last trip and our meal took a little over an hour but mainly because we were waiting for the girls to eat. they had too much to say LOL

It took my guy and I about 45 minutes, I would say. It makes it easy that it's all self service so you can go as quickly or as slowly as you need to.

It depends on how packed it is and which pods you visit. I have seen the meat line backed waaaay up and it took my family quite a while to get thru there. I spend most of my time at the soups which are usually a walk-up. So, you can mostly control how long it takes.

We have eaten there several times. We never wait more than 10 min to be seated, although I always schedule our ADR by 5pm. From walking in to walking out we are pretty much always there an hour and a half, and that includes the chef walking us through the line to point out what we can eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter