• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just booked 2 rooms with ONE AP

PNO4TE

I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...
My family has been having trouble booking a second room with an AP that is set to expire next month. After hours of working at this, the CMs I spoke to have indicated that it is probably the looming expiration that is causing the problem.

So, I called one more time. thinking I would go ahead and book the second room with a AAA discount and worry about getting the AP rate later. However, I just got off the phone with CRO (thanks to CM Caralee) and online and was able to book a second room with the same AP.

In fact, the CM let me know that you are allowed to book up to 3 rooms with the same AP online. And this was a CM who knew a lot about this new program. That was refreshing! :teeth: She also walked me through the process online to make certain I could get it.

She had me go through the booking and when it came time to put in the guests' names she said leave one of them off and when you get to the resort replace the AP holder's name with the missing guest. When I asked about having a problem with this she said there should be none -- so it looks like I am good to go!!

Wilderness Lodge here we come :bounce:

For me this is great news but I didn't quite getit??? :crazy:

Could you explain that again maybe a little slower.... :rotfl2:

TIA!
Sue

:) We just did this earlier today as well! I've been told they are working on a solution to allow you to book more than 1 room online but it's a software limitation at this point.

This is GREAT news! Can you walk us through how to do it or do we all need to get a CM to walk us through? I'm a bit confused by the leave the name off part.

chipscinderelly said:
This is GREAT news! Can you walk us through how to do it or do we all need to get a CM to walk us through? I'm a bit confused by the leave the name off part.

OK, let me try to explain it better. I was so excited to let you know about it that in my haste maybe I skipped some significant steps!

OK...

• Log into the AP website and book the room exactly like you did the first one, putting the remaining number of people who need bedding on this reservation. But remember to include the AP holder too in your count.

• When it gets to the part where you enter the names of the party, the AP holder's name is at the top and cannot be changed. You add the other names of the remainder of the pary under that name.

• In our case we are 2 parents and 2 "adult" daughters traveling together and we are booking 2 rooms, so there should not be a charge for the extra adult. BUT, with the AP holder on the reservation that would make 3 adults in that room. So, unless you want to book it for 3 adults and pay the extra adult fee, you only can have two names on the reservation. The CM told me to leave the AP name alone and just put one of the other adults on there. It can be changed at checkin.

EXAMPLE:
Reservation #1 = Elin + DH
Reservation #2 = Elin + DD (We will add second DD in place of my name at check-in)

For those of you with children, I don't think it will matter. They do not add to the cost of the room.

Is that any better???? Let me know and I will try, try again... :goodvibes

That's great news. When are you going? Was this just for a regular old AP rate (that we've come to know and love) or the new "best rate" thing?

I'm going to need 3 rooms in February and I very much appreciate your walk thru.

Sandi said:
That's great news. When are you going? Was this just for a regular old AP rate (that we've come to know and love) or the new "best rate" thing?

I'm going to need 3 rooms in February and I very much appreciate your walk thru.

Sandi --

This is for the Passholder Best Rate Room Only offer that can only be booked online. And, my dates are 10/19-23 (1 room at BWI) and then also 12/19-26 (2 rooms at WL). Got the two rooms for the second vacation, since DH will join us then for Christmas but not for the Girls Only Weekend :love:

Glad to be of help!

So if I book 2 rooms on my AP & 1 room on DW's AP and just add one of the names from the party that will be staying in those rooms I should be ok. Providing this works. Can I call CRO & have the reservations linked so that we have rooms together for our 11/12 - 11/19 trip to POR.

So it will let my name be on 2 reservations?

Santa said:
So if I book 2 rooms on my AP & 1 room on DW's AP and just add one of the names from the party that will be staying in those rooms I should be ok. Providing this works. Can I call CRO & have the reservations linked so that we have rooms together for our 11/12 - 11/19 trip to POR.

Santa --

There is a place on the final page of the reservations online that allows you to link reservation numbers together.

dcgrumpy --

your name WILL be on both reservations, yes.

thanks, I'm so afraid of doing something wrong and getting charged a cancellation fee :rotfl:

dcgrumpy said:
thanks, I'm so afraid of doing something wrong and getting charged a cancellation fee :rotfl:

I was too, dcgrumpy. But I think we are fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter