I hope everyone has received the letter from Terri Schultz

Can you live stream it? Someone did that a few years back, was great.
No idea how to do that (and probably don't have the right phone, account or data plan to do it, anyway). We really should be asking DVC to do that. If I weren't going to be there, I'd want to watch. Maybe if enough of us asked?

I'm sure some of the bloggers and websites will have live updates. They always have in the past.

Gosh!...0 for 3 attendees as responders here!

I know I met some vocal members on the last DVC Cruise. We will see if any open mike questions are taken.

IIRC, the email (which I deleted because we can’t go) said there would be a Q&A session related to agenda items only (that would be dues). Sounded to me like they’re telling us they won’t allow or answer questions about the points charts or any other items not in the agenda e.g. resale restrictions, lock off premiums, anything else controversial. As Bill says above, it’s a dog and pony show.

We really should be asking DVC to do that.

Agreed. I may be wrong, but I think last year they streamed it to a room at the VGC so someone on the West coast could watch it too. If they already have the technology, why not let anyone access it? Disney livestream events all the time and with D+ they certainly have the bandwidht to do it now.

Agreed. I may be wrong, but I think last year they streamed it to a room at the VGC so someone on the West coast could watch it too. If they already have the technology, why not let anyone access it? Disney livestream events all the time and with D+ they certainly have the bandwidht to do it now.
Agree. If they can live stream fireworks and parades, annual meetings with Q&A can't be a bandwidth issue. Surely, more people watch parades & fireworks online than would watch pretty boring scripted meetings, LOL.

IMO, disrupting the meetings would have little effect. They are scripted, not interactive. They only meet the legal requirements. They are really no different from the annual meetings held by corporations. Disruptions (some of which are highly organized) don't seem to effect those meetings. You can see the DVC agendas in your annual budget notice.

In past Q&A sessions that I've atended, a microphone was placed in the center aisle and audience members were chosen from the audience at random to ask a question. CMs also had hand held microphones for those unable to get to the main microphone in a timely manner.

They streamed it to VGC because that was the site of the VGC (and probably Aulani) condominium meetings. I believe one or more of the BOD members was there.

That said, I agree that DVC should make it available via live stream to members. They could require a special login if necessary, but since entry to the onsite meeting isn't restricted, I don't see why they'd need anything more than normal DVC Member Website credentials.

Is it worth going? I guess I am trying to figure out if it is worth the time to attend. We are only 1 year in as owners so haven't been around dvc that long, so not sure if its worth time out of the park. Really I think I want to know "what do I get out of going in person" do I get a pin? LOL I assume that most of what is talked about will be reported anyway. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide what is best for this vacation :confused3

Is it worth going? I guess I am trying to figure out if it is worth the time to attend. We are only 1 year in as owners so haven't been around dvc that long, so not sure if its worth time out of the park. Really I think I want to know "what do I get out of going in person" do I get a pin? LOL I assume that most of what is talked about will be reported anyway. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide what is best for this vacation :confused3
You don’t get a pin unless you buy one...there may be a place to buy DVC things, but maybe I am mixing it up with the Holiday Mixer they used to have. There is tea or coffee.
I don’t think it’s imperative to be there, yes things will be reported. I‘ll go and give some of the DVC representatives some feedback about the point charts. That’s after the business meeting. There a gal, Joy, who I like to say hello to If she’s there.(Used to be a satisfaction CM, don’t remember her title now, if even she’s there.)

Nope, no pins or other gifts, just cookies, coffee and water. In 2017 Ken Potrock gave a wonderful presentation on CCV, answering the questions re whether they’d have all villa sizes or be just studios like Poly and showing concept art of the cabins. We went in 2018 hoping for information about Riviera but heard nothing but a very dry presentation of the budgets and no news that was the least bit memorable. We won’t take time for it in future.

Terri did away with the question and answer sessions...

I believe the open mic Q&A sessions were eliminated back in 2012 when Claire Bilby was head of DVC. Aside from budget-related items, the board has not fielded questions in many years. And members typically only ask 1 or 2 questions related to the budgets.

I believe they simply have a two-way audio feed between Orlando and Anaheim (conference call.) But clearly technology exists for a live video stream that all could view.

Preselected questions? What a joke. Do people ever scream out their questions? Wonder if this year based on the last 12 months will have that happening?

Do you really think shouting a random question at the stage would yield a satisfactory answer?

Do you really think shouting a random question at the stage would yield a satisfactory answer?

Do you think not even trying to ask the question will ever get an answer? I mean at least people yelling out questions would possibly get some response or show they need to bring back a real Q+A.

Do you think not even trying to ask the question will ever get an answer? I mean at least people yelling out questions would possibly get some response or show they need to bring back a real Q+A.

I would personally take a more civilized approach first, like a phone call, email or certified letter.

All of the executives make themselves available for one-on-one questions after the member meeting. Even if they don't have an immediate answer, ask for a business card or direct number and make specific arrangements for a follow-up.

Bill and I will be there, Bobbi. Mostly for the free cookies. Bill might or might not attend, but I'll be at the meeting. Last year he rode over to Coronado Springs with me and sat outside of the room reading his book.

In the past years, they had microphones in the aisles for members to get in line to ask questions. Usually there was one guest with a real specific question that took up most of the Q&A time. But you can talk to the Board members and other DVC personalities questions during the hospitality period after the meeting.

I would personally take a more civilized approach first, like a phone call, email or certified letter.

All of the executives make themselves available for one-on-one questions after the member meeting. Even if they don't have an immediate answer, ask for a business card or direct number and make specific arrangements for a follow-up.

Well I won't be there and based on the previous posts it seemed it was a walk up front grand stand they are taking 5 questions that are hand picked and then the meeting is over and they all leave.

If they are taking Q+A after the meeting 1:1 it will be interesting to hear what people find out from that piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter