• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have always been here.

DrTomorrow

Your Disney friend from the Future!<br><font color
Greetings!

When you last left our intrepid duo ("Ah. You Seek Meaning.")
we're going to think on it over the weekend and call Jim on Tuesday
Think on it over the weekend?
Call on Tuesday?
Bwahahahaha! :p

After a wonderful time at the Michigan Renaissance Festival (Yes, we dress up - DW looks great! Yes, we say things like "Huzzah". No, we don't travel around the country dressing up and saying "Huzzah.") we realized that it was only 4:00 EDT. Our Guide Jim McCoy (or "Jim" as he lets us call him) works until 5 or 6. Hmmmmm; what do you think we did? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Yep, we figured out how to make the cordless phone a speaker phone and gave Jim a call. Remembering us (we talked only 4 days ago) he asked how we were, brought us up on his screen and said that he'd answer all the questions we had. Silence. "Uh, Jim, don't mean to startle you, but we don't have any questions. We're ready to buy." More silence. "Oh. OK. Let's go!"
So we started answering all the questions. How many points? (300. Yes. Addonitis, probably chronic.). Finance? Disney (we'll look at a home equity loan next year). How to pay the down payment? After declining a wheelbarrow full of pennies, and a truckload of returnable bottles (hey, $.10 each here in MI), he happily took our Visa number. Will your wife be a joint owner? Who? ::Owww!:: Yes! Thankfully, Jim had sent a blank purchase proposal and product checklist with our info, so we had something to look at as we did the dirty deed.
Now we await another FedEx package, where we have to "sign with our ears and have a date at the Palms" (???). Since we're going to be at WDW in October, we made an appt w/Jim to see the models; which we'd planned on anyway, but as prospective buyers not owners. But in any case, since we gave Walt, Mickey and Mike our down payment, I think that Marie and I finally feel, well, "Welcome Home."
Although the rest will be somewhat anticlimactic, I'll keep all you Gentle Readers up-to-date; I'll gladly see this written journey through to the end. Thanks again to all of you for your advice, sense of community and all of the "Welcome Home"s. When we have our first ressie at SSR, you're all welcome to stay with us; provided, of course, that you don't violate the unit capacity. (Plus, I hear that OKW is much bigger) ;)

Erick

NOTES:
1. Jim said that we can use pts starting Dec 1. He said that they are on track for May 1 opening, and - based on the last new open - they are more likely to open early than late.
2. Jim had mentioned that they have no idea when the $10/pt incentive might end; here on DIS, the consensus was 'not anytime soon'. This didn't factor into our decision to speed things up - Reasons? We don't need no stinkin' reasons!
3. When we were deciding on pts, we starting thinking who we might want to stay with us at SSR - we came up with a short list of family and a few dear friends. However, DIS folks had warned us that once people knew we had a DVC timeshare, the list of people who suddenly were "close family/friends" would grow. I think we may have some trouble, as there were no names that appeared on both lists. :eek:

congratulations erick and marie!

we also went from 'thinking about it' to buying in about, oh a week :eek:. we put our deposit down yesterday and i am still on cloud nine!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Congratulations and welcome home! I really enjoyed reading this post and the last one and look forward to reading many more!

P.S. Looks like we will both be leaving Michigan and going to WDW at the same time.

Congrats and welcome home!!
I want to buy SSR points so much, but I really do have enough points.
Anyway, have fun and Welcome home again.

WELCOME HOME! I, too, have throughly enjoyed reading your posts.

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
When we have our first ressie at SSR, you're all welcome to stay with us; provided, of course, that you don't violate the unit capacity. (Plus, I hear that OKW is much bigger) ;)

How many GV's are you getting for all of us?

fam09.gif

Hi,

Congrats & I enjoy reading your posts!!! Welcome Home!!

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03
Home: BCV

Well...Welcome Home!!!!!!!:wave:

I am most impressed that you waited as long as you didi!!!!! When we took our tour, if not for DH physically retsraining me form opening my purse, I would have given them my VISA card THAT DAY!!!!!!!! He felt he wanted to read the paperwork...have you ever heard of such a thing???!!!;)

You won't regret your decision. We have owned since 1997, and haven't regretted our decision for one minute.

Welcome Home, glad you joined! We need more entertaining posts to read here on the DIS. Diana

Congratulations!

Gotta LOVE that 10c bottle dept!

If you work hard enough at collecting them, you could pay your annual dues each year with your earnings;) !!

Tinkrbell,

Great idea.

I've given up on taking my bottles to the store. I give them to my mom. We live in East Lansing and you should see the bottle returns for the students at MSU. Two guys the other day had 4 carts full of bottles.:rolleyes:

DrTomorrow,

Did you do the whole 300 in one contract or did you buy 2 150 pt contracts, if you don't mind me asking.

floridafam-I too gave up on bottle returning, YUCK! We're from Ann Arbor and its so funny seeing those kids bring in carts of bottles & cans to Meijers.

We've since moved out of MI and I LOVE not having a bottle deposit. Just put them all in the recycling bin.

Congratulations and

Welcome Home!

Congratulations and Welcome Home :)

Your written account of your journey has been thoroughly enjoyable! Keep up the great posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter