I hate to even ask, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
donaldlovesdaisy said:
Nope and I remember on our last trip we left for the day without closing the safe and it had cash , credit card and my husband’s gun in it..I have left expensive jewelry on the bathroom counter(forgot to put it back on) and our laptop lying out and never has anything gone missing I guess maybe we should be more careful but never really thought anyone would rip us off.

Ummmm why does your DH have a gun @ Disney??

I left the safe open one day with $500 and credit cards in it (no gun though, unlike a pp, lol). We knew they were coming to swap out the ac unit that day (we'd been told ahead of time) so when I realized that I had not even closed the safe, I was sure the safe would be empty. When we got back the room, the new ac unit was in and the safe was still open with everything in it.

5mouseketeersforus said:
Ummmm why does your DH have a gun @ Disney??
He always takes it with him when we travel by car and he has a concealed carry license so he can. Don't fret he does not carry into the parks are anywhere guns are prohibited.

donaldlovesdaisy said:
He always takes it with him when we travel by car and he has a concealed carry license so he can. Don't fret he does not carry into the parks are anywhere guns are prohibited.

Are guns allowed at the resort?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No...

We've been in the unfortunate situation of FINDING unwanted objects in our hotel room immediately after check-in though. Let's just say the police had to get involved. :rolleyes2

I didn't know that some safes still use the keys :confused3. We have always had the safes that have the number key pad and you type in your own combination of 4 numbers to lock it.

No...

We've been in the unfortunate situation of FINDING unwanted objects in our hotel room immediately after check-in though. Let's just say the police had to get involved. :rolleyes2

Now that's a story I'd like to hear! Don't leave us hanging!

JaimeA said:
Are guns allowed at the resort?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There are not any signs prohibiting it and he does not see any need to carry while on property but for traveling purposes he does like to have it. Just figure it is safer to keep it in safe and not in the car that is if your wife remembers to close and lock the safe when she is in a rush . The gun is not loaded while in the safe. I do know people who personally carry in the park who walk right through security with no problems.

We were there this past year and one of the kids that came with us had a bag with brand new socks taken on the one day that mousekeeping came to our DVC room. It was in December. We figured somebody got socks for Christmas. Honestly, if they were willing to take a kid's socks, they needed them more than we did. I would not feel that way if they took my laptop, camera, etc, but if somebody felt they needed to take socks for a kid, I can easily forgive that without a second thought.

afnaechiquita said:
Like someone else said, it probably got wrapped up in the sheets. It happened to my stuffed moose, and I, not being a child who can easily move on to the next stuffed animal, worked with lost & found and mousekeeping until my moose was found. The lost & found CM went to the laundry facility every day until he turned up. I'm forever thankful for them not giving up because I was a 23 year old crying about a stuffed moose :rolleyes2 That moose has been all over the real world and got lost at The World!

This happened to me too. I'm 31 but was 28 at the time. We were in rivera maya mexico for a wedding. I had brought my special blanket with me, and like you it had been all over the world! The second day the maid came in the morning like usual. We came back for a bit after she had been there and I got my blanket out of the suitcase and left it on the bed. Then we decided to go walk the beach. When we came back someone had been in the room for "turn down" service. The blanket was gone. They wouldn't do anything about it. I know she threw it out - it had seen better days! But still she had no right to touch anything. I spent the whole week in tears. I was so upset! The vacation was ruined.

I know it was a little off topic but I had to share!

I didn't know that some safes still use the keys :confused3. We have always had the safes that have the number key pad and you type in your own combination of 4 numbers to lock it.

You've probably only stayed in deluxe resorts then, because as far as I know, all the values and moderates have ones with keys.

siskaren said:
You've probably only stayed in deluxe resorts then, because as far as I know, all the values and moderates have ones with keys.

AKL also uses the keys.

Besides what the PP has answered, some law enforcement officers are required to. Even if they travel.

DS-in-law is a City Cop in a town in PA. When they went with us he had his service gun with him. I didn't even know he had it along till he went to put it in the safe. He didn't take it into the parks. When we packed to leave the next day and go to a park one more time, I asked where he had put it. It was in my car. I was more worried about it being in there than in the safe at the hotel.

On DCL even LEOs can NOT have their guns onboard. They have to leave them in lockup at the Sheriffs office near Port. I think that's kind of dumb in this day & age when the new pirates are out there. I think my DS-in-law would feel naked on the cruise without his gun with him at least in the safe.

LilyWDW said:
Besides what the PP has answered, some law enforcement officers are required to. Even if they travel.

Yes totally get that law enforcement may need it but didn't understand why a "regular citizen" would feel it necessary to bring to Disney of all places.

But hey, I'm Canadian - we don't get a lot of people here carrying guns :). Law enforcement & the "bad guys" are the exception to that!!

Yes totally get that law enforcement may need it but didn't understand why a "regular citizen" would feel it necessary to bring to Disney of all places.

But hey, I'm Canadian - we don't get a lot of people here carrying guns :). Law enforcement & the "bad guys" are the exception to that!!

Did you read my response to your question??? I never said he had any desire to have it in Disney however he does for the trip down when it is by car and just stores it in the safe while we are there. Oh and Canada sounds swell!:rolleyes2

As far as I know I have never had anything stolen but I do not leave cash or credit cards, camera equipment, or electronics in the room. We drive and will leave electronic items hidden in our car. We usually travel with no valuable jewelry either. Just figure we don't need to wear it in a theme park.

I would have completley freaked out:crazy2: and caused a seen if I had awoken to a stranger in my room though. Maybe you could rationalize a CM sneaking an extra blanket into a room in the quiet of the night if the blanket was ordered and the CM didn't want to disturb every one and the door was left unlocked. But, The shear fact that the door tried to open a second night meant that the blanket was not the reason the Cm was in the room to begin with. If I ordered an extra blanket I would expect a knock at the door. I would think a cm would not use a key to unlock a door that a family is sleeping in.

Maybe this is a reminder to lock the door, use the latch, and the DND sign each night.

donaldlovesdaisy said:
Did you read my response to your question??? I never said he had any desire to have it in Disney however he does for the trip down when it is by car and just stores it in the safe while we are there. Oh and Canada sounds swell!:rolleyes2

Sarcastic much?? Sheesh. No need to get all high horsey about it. We just don't honestly have people carrying guns around here. Unless they are hunting. So I was simply pointing out how surprised I was. No need to get all excited.

Never have. We have left things out in the open more than once too. Never cash though. I mean if you leave cash, mousekeeping may think it is a tip. We lock our cash in the safe, everything else is usually out. I know it isn't the best method of doing things, but so far we have been lucky.

We always have the security bar on our door, so we wouldn't wake up to a stranger in our room. That would really freak me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter