I hate to even ask, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had anything stolen, no, but when I check out, there's always lots of money missing from my bank accounts... ;)

LOL, but you're a stockholder, right? So it's all coming right back to you? ;)

I'd be so worried about losing that key. :-/ I wonder what happens then. -Might just stick to burying in bags or putting in drawers.

Thanks!

I loved that the safes at AoA had a combination lock in stead of a key. I wish they'd at least put the keys on a ring of some sort so I could attach it to the ring inside my backpack.

Not sure what happens if you lose the key from a Disney resort, but most hotels charge a pretty hefty fee fo that. So I'm guessing Disney is no different.

NicPie said:
Has anyone ever had anything stolen from your hotel room while you were gone for the day?

My family stayed at BLT 11/27 till 12/4. The second night we were there, I heard something in the middle of the night and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and an employee was standing outside the bathroom door, threw a blanket at me and said, "Here's your blanket you ordered" and rushed out of the room!!!! We hadn't ordered a blanket!!! He was obviously surprised to see me and literally threw the blanket! We complained but management was actually rude and said it was mistake. The next night, I made sure the extra lock was put into place. Again, in the middle of the night my husband and I both sat straight up in the bed when we heard someone trying to open our door!!! The door opened a little but the extra lock caught it!! The next day we complained again but were not taken seriously. My daughter is a photographer and had left some expensive equipment in the room while we were at the Parks. After she put her stuff in the safe we had no other problems. But, it was really scary to find a man in our room while we were sleeping.

I haven't personally but my mother is pretty sure a housekeeper stole her purse last September.

My family stayed at BLT 11/27 till 12/4. The second night we were there, I heard something in the middle of the night and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and an employee was standing outside the bathroom door, threw a blanket at me and said, "Here's your blanket you ordered" and rushed out of the room!!!! We hadn't ordered a blanket!!! He was obviously surprised to see me and literally threw the blanket! We complained but management was actually rude and said it was mistake. The next night, I made sure the extra lock was put into place. Again, in the middle of the night my husband and I both sat straight up in the bed when we heard someone trying to open our door!!! The door opened a little but the extra lock caught it!! The next day we complained again but were not taken seriously. My daughter is a photographer and had left some expensive equipment in the room while we were at the Parks. After she put her stuff in the safe we had no other problems. But, it was really scary to find a man in our room while we were sleeping.

OMG that is so creepy! i would have flipped out, and i'm not the flip-out, make a big deal kind of girl lol. even if you HAD ordered a blanket that is NOT the way to deliver it. letting yourself into the room??? um, i don't think so. you wait until someone answers, and if no one does, i guess they don't need the blanket that bad!!

Sorry but I hope you learned a valuable lesson, Never, ever not lock hotel doors. :sad2:

sheilanne said:

That's worth a call to the police, not just hotel management.

I'm also not one to raise a commotion but if that happened to me once - let alone twice - without my complaint being taken seriously, I would not let up until whatever Disney Vice President is in charge of hotel operations contacted me personally.

mom2rtk said:
I loved that the safes at AoA had a combination lock in stead of a key. I wish they'd at least put the keys on a ring of some sort so I could attach it to the ring inside my backpack.

Not sure what happens if you lose the key from a Disney resort, but most hotels charge a pretty hefty fee fo that. So I'm guessing Disney is no different.

I wonder if they will change the safes to RFID.

That's worth a call to the police, not just hotel management.

I'm also not one to raise a commotion but if that happened to me once - let alone twice - without my complaint being taken seriously, I would not let up until whatever Disney Vice President is in charge of hotel operations contacted me personally.

I completely agree! I would have been on the horn with 911 before I even bothered with management. I don't make a scene about much, but a man in my room in the middle of the night is something I would get fired up about!

In the tower, they have plenty of security cameras and it would have been easy to track down the culprit. And then tried again a second night?

I hope they comped your whole vacation

We've never had anything stolen. In fact my sister left her laptop behind one time (how she did that I don't know) and Disney mailed it back to her :)

Lost my safe key along with my car keys on a roller coaster at SW (my pocket had a zipper but the pocket itself had developed a hole unbeknownst to me). It was $35 dollars and maintenance had to drill out the old lock and install a new one. The maintenance guy swore up and down there are no master keys and they have no way of getting into the safe other than drilling it out. There was also another employee in the room at the time along with myself; he said that's a requirement anytime they have to open a safe.

Never had anything stolen from our rooms..

However I have LEFT many many things ... some things....very special... and had them all mailed back to my home....

Extra special Customer Service.... LOVE Disney...

Hugs
Mary

sheilanne said:

OMGoodness! That is so scary!! I agree with the others.. something needed to be done, that is insane.. and creepy. I doubt it's even legal.

I had something missing from the room on our last trip.

I can't say with any certainty that it was definitely stolen but, it did disappear.
I had a bottle of Wen sitting on the metal ledge above the sinks at POR. I recall that first morning we were heading to Animal Kingdom and I looked back to the open little area with the sinks in them as we walked out the door and clearly saw the Wen sitting on the ledge behind my make-up bag.
When I returned that evening it was gone. My make-up bag was still sitting there but, the Wen was gone behind it.
Wen is very expensive and it was a brand new bottle.. I had just opened it and used it that morning before we left. I took it out of the shower and set it on the ledge. It was the jumbo 32 ounce bottle too.

Anyway, I called and explained the situation and Disney was very good about it. They gave me a credit for the amount I paid for the bottle. The women I spoke to though insisted that it wasn't stolen .. she insisted it was accidentally thrown out. I have no idea how it could have been thrown away accidentally, this is a huge bottle of conditioner and it was sitting in the middle of a wide ledge with things all around it where it couldn't fall... but, I didn't argue with her.. I just accepted the credit.

I have always thought the maid took it but, again I can't say that for sure.. Wen is not cheap and she may have thought I wouldn't catch on.. however I noticed it was gone about a minute after we got back to the room that evening. I think it was the maid because I don't see any other explanation... nothing else makes sense and it didn't jump off the ledge and walk out of the room on its own.

I had to run to Walmart and buy new shampoo and conditioner and it didn't work as well as my Wen. My hair was a frizz ball in the Florida humidity for the rest of our trip. I am not kidding.. every picture is me looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket. Its sort of funny now but, at the time I was pretty bummed... lol

I do know how much that stuff runs.. I would not be happy if mine disappeared. Glad you got a refund.

Yes, I know it's going to sound stupid, but it's really the only explanation. My DS has a tiger pillow pet thing that is like a stuffed animal on the outside and it comes with a blanket that you can keep inside to make it a pillow. We take it every time we take a trip, and in 2009 we took it and stayed at Pop. He had the blanket part out of it during our stay and used the tiger part, just as a stuffed animal. Well one night after being gone at the parks all day, towards the end of our trip, the stuffed animal part was gone. We looked everywhere (as he slept with it each night) and it was nowhere to be found. There's no way we took it to the parks with us and no one else had access to our room, so the only explanation is that housekeeping took it.

Yes, I'm glad it wasn't anything expensive or vital (like my purse that I keep hidden in multiple suitcases, but still, it really upset me. I've since replaced the tiger, but many times I'll leave the "do not disturb" sign on our doors now and just go get towels when needed.

Nope. I usually put my laptop in a dresser drawer and I've left my iPad and iPod out on separate occasions - nothing happened to any of them.

That is absolutely terrifying, I'm so sorry that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter