I hate to even ask, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicPie

Frozen 24/7
Has anyone ever had anything stolen from your hotel room while you were gone for the day?

NicPie said:
Has anyone ever had anything stolen from your hotel room while you were gone for the day?

No, and we have stayed Value through Deluxe. Actually, in all of our travels through the years, we have never had anything stolen.

No, we've never had a problem with that. We do, however, hide iPads, computers, etc from plain sight. So someone would have to search through our bags to find them.

No.

And you can see in, my signature how many times we have stayed at Disney hotels...all levels. We always have at least 2 laptops, and 1 or 2 kindles in our room. We do not lock them up, just keep them out of sight.

We also drive back & forth to Florida several times a year, staying in hotels approximately 8-10 additional nights...and do some traveling around Florida too, so another several hotel stays a year. Have never had anything taken, not even coins off the night stand. on the road, we stay at Marriotts, La Quinta, Drury, Doubletree, Embassy Suites

Glad to hear that you all haven't had any problems. :)

With the safe.. how exactly do they work? I've seen them but never needed to use one.

Nope. But I lock up the valuables and don't leave anything else visible. In other words, I do everything I can on my end to protect myself.

NicPie said:
Glad to hear that you all haven't had any problems. :)

With the safe.. how exactly do they work? I've seen them but never needed to use one.

The safe lock has a key inserted in it when you first enter your room. Put whatever valuables will fit inside, lock it and take the key with you. Make sure to leave the key inserted in the lock before you check out.

We've never had ANYTHING go missing, and have also never used the safe. Stupid, I know. We've stayed at values many times, as well as DVC resorts as of late.

Nope. Like the others I put my computer in the safe along with anything else of value. I've even left money on the dresser once... just forgot to put back into my bag after cleaning out all the receipts and it was in the exact same spot I left it in. It wasn't a lot (about $10 or so) but still there at the end of the day.

Nope. Like the others I put my computer in the safe along with anything else of value. I've even left money on the dresser once... just forgot to put back into my bag after cleaning out all the receipts and it was in the exact same spot I left it in. It wasn't a lot (about $10 or so) but still there at the end of the day.

How on earth do you get your computer in the safe? The safes aren't the big? Just wondering.

And I have been 12 times, always stayed in a value and have never had anything missing and we use the safe for money & other valuables.

We have never had a problem with anything being stolen at WDW. We do put our lap top in a drawer because we don't want to leave it in full view if the maid cracks the door while cleaning the room.

Never had anything stolen, no, but when I check out, there's always lots of money missing from my bank accounts... ;)

larryz said:
Never had anything stolen, no, but when I check out, there's always lots of money missing from my bank accounts... ;)

Wow you too..... I wonder how that happens;)

OP no never a problem....

Never. I have stayed in every level resort and have never had a single problem. Not even sure how many times I've stayed at Disney, more times than I can easily count.

Unlike others, the only thing I use the safe for is larger amounts of cash and narcotics. We leave a laptop on the table all the time. Kindle and Kindle Fire always on the nightstand.

This last time we went I even left my expensive camera on top the entertainment center for a couple of days. I had already gotten pictures at all the parks that week and wanted go enjoy a couple days "in the moment" without worrying about capturing moments on anything but memory.

I'd be so worried about losing that key. :-/ I wonder what happens then. -Might just stick to burying in bags or putting in drawers.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter