I hate to even ask, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had anything stolen. We usually have these heavy duty luggage locks with us and lock up the computer and the safe key. We use the safe for money, medicine, any cameras or phones we're not bringing with us, small stuff.

Nope, nothing has ever been taken. We do use the safe to put cash and our wallets in (with credit cards, ID's, etc. in). But we have left out computers, cameras, and other expensive stuff and no one has touched it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Protect what you can and have fun!

As a side note, we also leave all kinds of stuff in the stroller at parks. Never had anything taken from there either. Knock on wood.

I am always amazed at the items that folks leave in their stollers. I read somewhere that some people leave a pseudo dirty diaper in the stroller "just in case.":rolleyes:

I am always amazed at the items that folks leave in their stollers. I read somewhere that some people leave a pseudo dirty diaper in the stroller "just in case.":rolleyes:

Which is such an old trick (think it was in the Unofficial Guide back in 2007 at least) that the thieves don't even care anymore.

I just can't understand how people leave valuables unattended. Either out in their rooms or in their strollers. I guess part of it is that I was raised in a family of police officers, but I would never do that. I take any precautions I can take.

Yep, very old trick. A dirty diaper in a bag wont deter a criminal. Just stopping by the nearest trash can to dump it and off they go with the stroller of goodies:scared:

Which is such an old trick (think it was in the Unofficial Guide back in 2007 at least) that the thieves don't even care anymore.

I just can't understand how people leave valuables unattended. Either out in their rooms or in their strollers. I guess part of it is that I was raised in a family of police officers, but I would never do that. I take any precautions I can take.

I'm pretty sure that was in the UG the first time I read it....in 1991. I was eleven at the time and I thought it was a terrible idea then, too :lmao:

I've even left mouse keeping tips before in cash and they haven't picked it up because it wasn't clear enough to them it was theirs. (I wrote a quick note with thank you for your help on a memo pad.)

This. I have ALWAYS been VERY impressed with how trustworthy Mousekeeping is.

The very first time we went to Disney, I left the tip on the table for the maids. There was nothing really else on the table so I just assumed that maids would know it was for them (as happens in any other hotel/motel I've ever stayed in). I felt so bad they were not taking the tip, and it was only until I wrote a DAILY note that they started taking the money. I found that so impressive.

And as for a PP who said the dime was put on the toilet, we've had the same experience. We weren't "testing" the maids as he was, but we'd find our random change they must've found on the floor somewhere placed nicely in a pile somewhere in the room.

A few years ago there was a thread about a stolen iPhone. The writer's wife's iPhone was stolen out of her pool bag. He used the "find my iPhone" app, contacted security, and followed his wife's iPhone onto a launch which was met at the dock by security. The thief had quite a few electronics in his possession when he was caught.

Cyrano said:
No never had anything stolen from room.

Moving to Resorts :thumbsup2

Thank you! I realized after the fact that I didn't switch over before I made the thread.

Yes totally get that law enforcement may need it but didn't understand why a "regular citizen" would feel it necessary to bring to Disney of all places.

But hey, I'm Canadian - we don't get a lot of people here carrying guns :). Law enforcement & the "bad guys" are the exception to that!!

Add this to the reasons I love our Canadian neighbors!

It makes me nervous to know that there are people at WDW resorts that have guns in their room.

We've been 16 times since 1996 and never had anything missing. Growing up we had 4 kids each trip, the youngest in 1996 was 6 years old, and, like most kids, we weren't very smart about what we left out over the years. From 3 or 4 camera, cell phones, purses, laptops, etc., never a problem. Over the years we have become a bit more paranoid. My fiance and I always use the safe for whatever will fit. The laptops and larger items we keep in out locked luggage.

A few years ago there was a thread about a stolen iPhone. The writer's wife's iPhone was stolen out of her pool bag. He used the "find my iPhone" app, contacted security, and followed his wife's iPhone onto a launch which was met at the dock by security. The thief had quite a few electronics in his possession when he was caught.

I remember reading this thread, and it was great! As the thieves got off the ferry at the MK, security was there and arrested them!

Cl does not mean safer. Maids are maids and probably hate us cl lovers more.

I do not agree with your comment "maids are maids" in addition to the "probably hate us cl lovers more".

While I am not a maid I take your comment to be derogatory and presumptuous regarding a particular working class. Please remember the individuals that do wrong are the individuals, not a group, class, or race. Please don't group anyone.

As for the second quote, are your presuming that because you think you are richer then those staying non-CL or that you chose to spend your money different then others?

Overall, there are good and bad people in the world. I will not presume that it was that maid stole unless proven guilty, nor will I presume what kind of person you are based on your comments.

I will go back to hoping in a better humanity.

We've been on numerous vacations in the Caribbean, on cruises and WDW twice. We've never had anything stolen <knock on wood!> so far. We do make use of safes for electronics and wallets. We also only use housekeeping a few times a week, not daily.

On our last trip, my mother had some expensive facial moisturizer go missing. She had it for the first few days and then we requested maid service and she couldn't find it after that. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter