• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I finally saw the lights! Our super special anniversary trip! NEW 2/2 pg.18

After Star Tours we made our way over to Toy Story Mania. It started to sprinkle so we considered jumping into The Great Movie Ride but we kept trekking. (The sprinkles stopped by the time we were out of TSM & we only had one other brief moment of sprinkles during our entire trip.) There was some sort of delay at TSM so it took us forever to get through the line.
39feb537.jpg

11c10ecd.jpg

a9fc57cd.jpg

I rode with Zach this time & he kicked my butt:
67da6873.jpg

204053b6.jpg

6c866aca.jpg

60c1e396.jpg

40e94aef.jpg

19403a66.jpg

After TSM we decided on one more ride on RnRC before leaving the park:
dfecd62d.jpg

ac54d8b9.jpg

62f85968.jpg

4ca4ad1f.jpg

9335595c.jpg

After RnRC we stopped at Anaheim Produce for a pretzel & a couple drinks. Then we took the boat back to BWV. It was right there waiting for us to hop on board before taking off.

6f292cd4.jpg

2d7b13eb.jpg

We actually got off at the Swan/Dolphin & walked from there:
827fac4d.jpg

07d0455d.jpg

b368c168.jpg

00eba7b2.jpg

2c2dd5c9.jpg

Souvenir #1:
Alex bought these guys at Tatooine Traders with his first souvenir certificate that he’d earned over the days we were at Jeff & Karen’s. Zach didn’t buy anything yet.
4877d934.jpg

Up next: A surprise, a scary clown & a short walk to Epcot

Great update Amy. I also went back to look at your room pics again because I love that room SO much! I also have to say - good thing bags fly free on Southwest.....:rotfl: I pack like you do! :rotfl:

Way to go right for the hard core rides. I love that the boys had no fear and just went right on. Love the ToT picture! Glad you bought it.

How did everyone like Star Tours? I am really looking forward to it?

Go Zach with his score on TSM! :cool1:

I hear you on the kitchen remodel. I had one done last year. It was so necessary and I love :love: it. Well worth the money. I feel like I may have mentioned that already, but forgive me - I can't remember.

Awesome start to the trip!

Loved the surprise! The boys didn't seem too sure at first but you can really see their excitement after they got there (loved the pics of them walking to DHS!).

My two favorite places - BWV and WDW! We want to try Beach Club next time but didn't really like where the DVC rooms are located (above the smaller pool). I have rented points the last 3 trips at BWV and have gotten spoiled staying there - especially when we rented points for a Boardwalk View :love: Nothing like watching Illuminations AND Wishes from your balcony :cloud9:

Can't wait to read more!

The walk to the DHS is so nice in the right weather.
You're so much braver than I am! I could never go on ToT. :scared1:

Wow! You got in all the DHS favorites that day! Hurray for the boys being brave enough to ride ToT! :banana:

How long was the walk to DHS from the Boardwalk?

Great update Amy. I also went back to look at your room pics again because I love that room SO much! I also have to say - good thing bags fly free on Southwest.....:rotfl: I pack like you do! :rotfl:

Way to go right for the hard core rides. I love that the boys had no fear and just went right on. Love the ToT picture! Glad you bought it.

How did everyone like Star Tours? I am really looking forward to it?

Go Zach with his score on TSM! :cool1:

I hear you on the kitchen remodel. I had one done last year. It was so necessary and I love :love: it. Well worth the money. I feel like I may have mentioned that already, but forgive me - I can't remember.

Awesome start to the trip!

We love Southwest! :rotfl:

We loved Star Tours but didn't realize how much until we saw some of the different story lines later in the trip. :thumbsup2

You may have mentioned the kitchen before but I don't remember. Hopefully later next year we'll be able to make some serious progress with ours. We need bedroom furniture too. That's something we always talk about doing but it gets sent to the back burner for things like anniversary trips to Disney! :laughing:

Loved the surprise! The boys didn't seem too sure at first but you can really see their excitement after they got there (loved the pics of them walking to DHS!).

My two favorite places - BWV and WDW! We want to try Beach Club next time but didn't really like where the DVC rooms are located (above the smaller pool). I have rented points the last 3 trips at BWV and have gotten spoiled staying there - especially when we rented points for a Boardwalk View :love: Nothing like watching Illuminations AND Wishes from your balcony :cloud9:

Can't wait to read more!

I agree about the location of the Beach Club villas... but we definitely want to stay there sometime too.

Boardwalk view at BWV would be great sometime too. :thumbsup2

The walk to the DHS is so nice in the right weather.
You're so much braver than I am! I could never go on ToT. :scared1:

It was a beautiful walk to DHS. The weather really cooperated on this trip. We LOVE ToT! One of my favorite rides!

Wow! You got in all the DHS favorites that day! Hurray for the boys being brave enough to ride ToT! :banana:

How long was the walk to DHS from the Boardwalk?

The walk was probably 10 -15 minutes. Our room was at the back of the resort which is closest to DHS. If you go out the front of the resort, it could take an extra 5 minutes. We did have a pretty long hallway to walk down to get to our room from the elevator.

After returning to our villa, I noticed a message on our phone. I was very surprised to find that it was someone from the Boardwalk Bakery with questions about our cake. This was strange because, if you read my PTR, you may recall that I had spoken with Jessi from the bakery about a week before. She had given me her email address to send some of our wedding photos. I emailed her the pictures and followed up later in the week to let her know we were leaving Saturday morning. I never heard from her again… Turns out someone left a message on our home phone during the time we were at Jeff’s but I didn’t get that message until later in the week when I called home to check for messages. I didn’t know what to think but I called down to the bakery. I was shocked to hear that our cake was ready! The cake I had never ordered… It sounded like they had done a nice job with it so I gave her a credit card & they said they would bring it right up. I had promised the boys a trip down to the pool & Tim wanted to shower, so he stayed behind to wait for the cake. On our way down to the pool, we ran into the delivery person with our cake! I loved it!!!

1692916d.jpg

But we had to move on for some pool time!! It was time to face the clown! The boys loved the pool! It wasn’t very crowded so they were able to go down the slide quite a few times. This is probably more pool pictures than you care to see, but I’ll post them all:

a642c204.jpg

27df76ba.jpg

006f4ed3.jpg

fdf59962.jpg

49e7217c.jpg

972d8cbe.jpg

8f7ba931.jpg

051ea017.jpg

ca6a5a36.jpg

d10eb154.jpg

955b0c89.jpg

f73d19d9.jpg

b594bdd0.jpg

49fe4cf8.jpg

fb8ca152.jpg

4e43aab1.jpg

452cba80.jpg

e754e45b.jpg

57356b4c.jpg

4d13d209.jpg

0b16b0ee.jpg

b2ddaeb2.jpg

a43d2f75.jpg

cf94ce3d.jpg

Continued...

Continued...

e1aee2b5.jpg

915a53fd.jpg

7ae6054f.jpg

f69c6e6a.jpg

32a186dc.jpg

I think that was the only time I brought the camera to the pool.

When we got back up to the room, Tim was showered & ready to head out to Epcot. I got a closer look at the cake:
1692916d.jpg

0785ca47.jpg

bcc2c379.jpg

We got the boys ready, put the cake in the fridge & headed out. We had a 5:50 ADR at Teppan Edo. There had been a long line at the concierge desk earlier in the day but it was empty now so we stopped to pick up our MVMCP tickets. Then we had to walk briskly to Japan! They were doing some work on the stairs here:

65eaf4c8.jpg

3e880def.jpg

9b5ecb9b.jpg

8c17d4e5.jpg

51902a55.jpg

619dfa35.jpg

9c501f10.jpg

As always, dinner was wonderful!

e20c042e.jpg

c481635b.jpg

cfb9a38f.jpg

After dinner we headed downstairs to visit the Kidcot station. Alex was very interested in getting the stamps in his Guide to the Magic book. Next it was time to get me a pearl! I paid then asked Zach to help me choose an oyster. I’m not sure how they normally do it but he stuck his hand right into the tank and grabbed one! I thought it was so funny! I had assumed we would point to one & they would pull it out for us. After a drumroll, my oyster was opened up & I had a 7 ½ mm. pearl. The cost was only $14.99 ($15.97 with tax).

a371c1a3.jpg

6415279a.jpg

a07a9523.jpg

9d8511d0.jpg

588b8fbb.jpg

Before leaving Japan, Zach had to get his favorite Disney treat… Kaki Gori!

e12bb6c6.jpg

049c5c79.jpg

Continued...

Continued...

Then it was off to Test Track. But first, we told Alex we could stop in one more country to get another stamp. We stopped in America for Alex then Germany for me! I needed a piece of caramel. It was so good!! Then we dodged the crowds of people as we made our way around the rest of the world showcase to Test Track. We made one bathroom stop along the way, picked up a popsicle for Alex then finally made it to Test Track. Alex wasn’t done with his popsicle & I had to go to the bathroom AGAIN… Finally it was time for Test Track!!

0cbc95ba.jpg

Then we braved Mission: Space – Orange! I was having some trouble with night pictures:
9c25ffe3.jpg

b7820318.jpg

Not sure what my excuse is for this awful shot:
e9b955fd.jpg

That’s better!
4dc20b25.jpg

76da817c.jpg

This was only our second time of this ride & it was fun. Alex remembered what jobs we had each had last spring & made sure we all chose something new. After another bathroom stop we headed out of Epcot just as Illuminations started. We wanted to beat the crowds.

9cff52ee.jpg

A psychedelic tree shot:
dfb790fc.jpg

Better!
59c151d3.jpg

7de5de41.jpg

I had hoped to be back in the room for Illuminations but it just wasn’t meant to be on this night. The fireworks started just as we exited the turnstiles at the IG.

Zach wanted to see the firworks but Tim wanted to keep moving:
14a7df52.jpg

More fuzzy night pictures:
713368d6.jpg

7bdcaef4.jpg

I’m sure I have better shots later.

We stopped a Boardwalk Bakery to grab some breakfast food – Tim & I each got a croissant & Zach chose a chocolate chip muffin. I had made a batch of Alex’s muffins when we were at Jeff’s so he didn’t want anything.

The kids fell asleep the minute their heads hit the pillow. It was around 9:30. Tim & I cut into the cake, set a wake-up call & were in bed at 10:00.

Up next: Day 2: Happy Anniversary & Lots of Disney firsts!

Amy, somehow between trying to get my TR done and start our PTR (MaryAZ and I are going together next month), I lost a few subscriptions and yours was one of them.

I love all the photos of the boys at the pool (although, I'm sorry to say, I'm one of those who does NOT like that clown). They sure are having a great time.

The cake looks great; and love the little boy turned around looking at all of you on TOT!

That is a great picture of Tim carrying Alex - look at that little guys face. :thumbsup2 Priceless.

You really had a very full first day! Wow!

Your anniversary cake is beautiful. It's just perfect. But let me get this straight - you never actually ordered it before you left???

When you get ready to do your kitchen pm me. I would be happy to send you pictures of my kitchen remodel. I had a very 80's country kitchen prior to the remodel and it now looks completely different. Not over the top, but now I spend all my time in here!

just jumped in tonight to read your trip report! Your family is adorable, it's nice to see a perspective from an Epcot area resort as staying at one of those is on our bucket list. Did you enjoy Teppan Edo? It's a must do for us in Sept 2012. Can't wait to read more!:)

Hi Amy,

I'm joining in...sounds like a great first day at Disney :thumbsup2 The villa looks beautiful, glad renting points worked out for you. Maybe you mentioned this but I don't remember, did you rent them from someone you know? I'd love to try renting points sometime but it makes me nervous.

Looking forward to more!

Hi Amy :wave; I feel like a broken record but trying to get caught up :rolleyes1

looks like your first full day was great, lots of rides, good food and treats and no problems! The PP pixs at DHS are really nice, and i like the ones of the boys at ST too...so happy you loved your cake, it is very pretty i like the palm trees on the side too. How did it taste?

Sounds like to you had a great - but busy - day!

It was a great start to the trip! :thumbsup2

Amy, somehow between trying to get my TR done and start our PTR (MaryAZ and I are going together next month), I lost a few subscriptions and yours was one of them.

I love all the photos of the boys at the pool (although, I'm sorry to say, I'm one of those who does NOT like that clown). They sure are having a great time.

The cake looks great; and love the little boy turned around looking at all of you on TOT!

Don't worry... I'm still way behind on your TR. I think I've made it through MNSSHP! Hopefully I'll get caught up before you finish!

That is a great picture of Tim carrying Alex - look at that little guys face. :thumbsup2 Priceless.

You really had a very full first day! Wow!

Your anniversary cake is beautiful. It's just perfect. But let me get this straight - you never actually ordered it before you left???

When you get ready to do your kitchen pm me. I would be happy to send you pictures of my kitchen remodel. I had a very 80's country kitchen prior to the remodel and it now looks completely different. Not over the top, but now I spend all my time in here!

I'd love to see your kitchen pictures! Our kitchen is original to the house which was built in the 1950s! We've added a dishwasher, garbage disposal & pantry cabinet and changed the floor (with those cheap stick on linoleum tiles) but it's so outdated it doesn't even have a hood/fan over the stove!

No... I never ordered the cake!! I sent two emails to the staff at BWV but never heard a reply! I told them what I was looking to order but never ordered! I think the only reason they didn't just send it up to the room is because I never gave them a credit card to pay for it. :rotfl: I'm so glad it worked out.

just jumped in tonight to read your trip report! Your family is adorable, it's nice to see a perspective from an Epcot area resort as staying at one of those is on our bucket list. Did you enjoy Teppan Edo? It's a must do for us in Sept 2012. Can't wait to read more!:)

:welcome: We loved staying at BWV & we LOVE Teppan Edo. It's been a must do for us on every trip.

Hi Amy,

I'm joining in...sounds like a great first day at Disney :thumbsup2 The villa looks beautiful, glad renting points worked out for you. Maybe you mentioned this but I don't remember, did you rent them from someone you know? I'd love to try renting points sometime but it makes me nervous.

Looking forward to more!

:welcome: We didn't know the person we rented from but I dug up some info on him. I found him on mouse owners but he's also a DISer. Some of his references were also DISers. We paid $11 per point but you can pay $12 or $13 going through a company if you want more security.

Hi Amy :wave; I feel like a broken record but trying to get caught up :rolleyes1

looks like your first full day was great, lots of rides, good food and treats and no problems! The PP pixs at DHS are really nice, and i like the ones of the boys at ST too...so happy you loved your cake, it is very pretty i like the palm trees on the side too. How did it taste?

Hey Jules! I know what you mean about falling behind... I feel like I'm behind on all my subscriptions. It's just such a busy time of year! Glad you found some time to say hello!

I interrupt this TR to share some of our plans for spring break in April. We usually go visit Jeff & Karen for a long weekend before heading to Disney and we'd planned to do so in April. With flights already booked & a not so great visit in November... we decided to book three nights at Universal!!!

We are now officially booked for three nights at the Hard Rock Hotel in a deluxe (larger) 2 queen room!! We'll be there from Thursday 4/19 - Sunday 4/22. Then we'll enjoy a week at our off-site timeshare & Disney!! :banana:

I interrupt this TR to share some of our plans for spring break in April. We usually go visit Jeff & Karen for a long weekend before heading to Disney and we'd planned to do so in April. With flights already booked & a not so great visit in November... we decided to book three nights at Universal!!!

We are now officially booked for three nights at the Hard Rock Hotel in a deluxe (larger) 2 queen room!! We'll be there from Thursday 4/19 - Sunday 4/22. Then we'll enjoy a week at our off-site timeshare & Disney!! :banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: That sounds great, Amy.

... we decided to book three nights at Universal!!!

I think the boys are going to be crazy happy! :woohoo: :yay:

First, I bet you have a great time at the HRH and Universal! So fun to have something new and different to look forward to!

Love, love, love the cake! They did a great job! Was it as tasty as it was pretty?

Looks like you had a great time at the pool, Teppan Edo, and Epcot! The tree is gorgeous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter