I finally saw the lights! Our super special anniversary trip! NEW 2/2 pg.18

Ahhh....I thought maybe something want a bit amiss in Tampa this trip. I'd vote (if I got a vote lol) to skip Tampa in April. Maybe Tim and Jeff could do a brothers golf weekend somewhere another time to make up for it.

Ahhh....I thought maybe something want a bit amiss in Tampa this trip. I'd vote (if I got a vote lol) to skip Tampa in April. Maybe Tim and Jeff could do a brothers golf weekend somewhere another time to make up for it.

I agree with Heidi, if I got a vote :rotfl: I would skip Tampa in April too. Seems like things will be even more hectic then.

Have Tim and Jeff ever golfed together at one of the WDW courses? I can't remember.

The kids look like they were having a great time playing basketball and swimming.

the reveal videos are absolutely adorable!

I am so sorry that didn't work out the way you'd hoped with Jeff and Karen. Very frustrating when you have limited vacation time and are trying to spend it with others that may not have the same kind of time to give. I've been on both sides of it and it's hard all around. I imagine Karen felt terrible about it. As you know, we have many of the same issues when relatives visit us, it is hard in a blended family and I know Jeff's folks never feel like they get enough time with K&T. Couple that with tweens or teens that may not want to hang out with anyone but their friends or hide in their room and text and...it's tough.

The circumstances were what they were and we certainly upset with anyone but it was a bit of a letdown compared to previous trips when we spent more time together. I don't feel like April will be much better with Karen's current school situation.

Sorry you didn't get to spend as much time with everyone as you wanted, but the boys look like they had fun playing basketball and swimming.

The boys loved every minute they had to spend with their cousins, "aunt" and uncle!

You're so funny... but I'll take your vote. :goodvibes

And yes - I'm definitely planning a golf weekend for Tim & Jeff. It sort of comes with me planning my next girls only getaway. ;)

I agree with Heidi, if I got a vote :rotfl: I would skip Tampa in April too. Seems like things will be even more hectic then.

Have Tim and Jeff ever golfed together at one of the WDW courses? I can't remember.

The kids look like they were having a great time playing basketball and swimming.

I'll tally up your vote too Tracy! :rotfl: Tim has never golfed at WDW... something to think about. It's such a pain in the neck to drag along his giant golf club travel bag!

Basketball and the pool -- I know your boys were happy! :goodvibes Sorry to hear you weren't able to spend as much time with Jeff and Karen. :(

The boys look so happy to be playing basketball and swimming and enjoying time with that cute little dog! fun pictures!

Sorry you didn't get to spend much time with DBIL and his GF. I know how the whole NP school thing is. Been there. Done that. She'll be glad when its all over, but I hear ya on the April thing. Maybe just spend some extra time at Disney. ;)

Basketball and the pool -- I know your boys were happy! :goodvibes Sorry to hear you weren't able to spend as much time with Jeff and Karen. :(

They even got to play catch with Tim & Jeff a couple times! :thumbsup2 I guess that made up for the time we sat around doing nothing. ;)

The boys look so happy to be playing basketball and swimming and enjoying time with that cute little dog! fun pictures!

Sorry you didn't get to spend much time with DBIL and his GF. I know how the whole NP school thing is. Been there. Done that. She'll be glad when its all over, but I hear ya on the April thing. Maybe just spend some extra time at Disney. ;)

Jake (the little dog) is adorable... he's full grown & only about 4 pounds. He's the only dog Alex isn't afraid of. He used to be scared to death of him. One year they came up to NH for Thanksgiving & showed up with the dog!! We had no idea he was coming along & it wasn't pretty!

The school thing is pretty crazy. I give Karen a lot of credit - it's so much work! Hopefully we'll get a nice visit when she's finished. They are talking about spending all of next summer up in New England!

On Tuesday morning, 11/8, we left Jeff’s house around 8:30, 30 minutes ahead of schedule. :thumbsup2 After a couple stops for breakfast & DayQuil (I was starting to feel some symptoms of a cold, which luckily didn’t get bad until our last day), we were on our way to Orlando.

f612e314.jpg

We arrived at BWV right around 10:30am. We parked (far away) & all went into the lobby.

c0d3bc90.jpg

5abfc845.jpg

3eda639f.jpg

13c5f6f9.jpg

I was nervous to check in as we had rented DVC points for the first time. The process had been very smooth but you never know for sure until you check in! I knew our reservation existed because I was able to check it online with the confirmation number and I’d done online check-in but had the DVC owner actually called in our room requests? I was thrilled to find that our room was ready!!! We were assigned room #4115. The CM also had anniversary pins for us when we checked in. So back we went to the car. We pulled up to the front of the building & unloaded all of our stuff. It’s kind of strange, because if you unload right there, they have to send your stuff to bell services, then you go inside & have them bring it out. Kind of a waste of time. Luckily our Garden Grocer order had just arrived as well. So two luggage carts later, I took the boys up to the room while Tim drove over to the Dolphin to return the van to Alamo.

When I finally saw our room I was excited that our requests had been met. I had requested an upper floor across from the bus stop (i.e. facing Epcot) & that’s what we got! Some of the rooms next to ours had big trees in front of their balcony so I was happy with our view. I wasn’t sure how much of Illuminations we’d be able to see yet, but I was happy with the room.
648171ef.jpg

5bc2c3f3.jpg

78b2e2db.jpg

Little did we know that this picture I took on our walk into the lobby would be a picture of our balcony. We are the top floor, red section, middle two connected balconies:
3eda639f.jpg

To the left:
58759e3c.jpg

To the right:
8929c40c.jpg

9f7f154f.jpg

99bb5404.jpg

696a0f71.jpg

3b645d3b.jpg

68d2a892.jpg

809e2946.jpg

36af739c.jpg

c666f84b.jpg

cd8e7681.jpg

0c9a13bd.jpg

Continued...

More room pictures:
596b2479.jpg

40ca0ed4.jpg

a8ca2989.jpg

c428abe5.jpg

8124af59.jpg

5bdaba78.jpg

Some luggage:
1ed9304f.jpg

f05f4785.jpg

81ae6ac9.jpg

2449f403.jpg

f18f8345.jpg

30402338.jpg

017da37c.jpg

f24e3fa2.jpg

acf90ad4.jpg

e07bdfc6.jpg

46b06a36.jpg

da7ae2dd.jpg

3298de0f.jpg

For anyone interested, they had free wifi for everyone (not just DVC members) and it worked pretty well:
d7c591e4.jpg

After we spent a little time getting settled into the room, we headed off to our first park!

More room pictures:
596b2479.jpg

40ca0ed4.jpg

a8ca2989.jpg

c428abe5.jpg

8124af59.jpg

5bdaba78.jpg

Some luggage:
1ed9304f.jpg

f05f4785.jpg

81ae6ac9.jpg

2449f403.jpg

f18f8345.jpg

30402338.jpg

017da37c.jpg

f24e3fa2.jpg

acf90ad4.jpg

e07bdfc6.jpg

46b06a36.jpg

da7ae2dd.jpg

3298de0f.jpg

For anyone interested, they had free wifi for everyone (not just DVC members) and it worked pretty well:
d7c591e4.jpg

Up next: We head out to our first park! :cool1:

What a great room and I love the location. I am very excited that I decided to take the standard studio and I requested the top floor. I can definitely deal with that view and even though it only saved 7 points, it was just the number I needed to complete my October reservation and not have to borrow.

I bet the boys loved that room and how wonderful to have all that space to spread out.

Do you also own DVC? For some reason I thought you did. :confused3

Can't wait to see where you go first. And congrats on the early arrival and ready room!

Getting caught up, i sadly didn't watch the reveal videos as our computer is working like a snail and our sound is not funcioning either :headache: but I'll come back to it later...I'm sure it was good :thumbsup2

sorry the family vvisit wasn't much of a visit w/ them, I like Heidi's suggestion :idea: still thinking of visiting the "other" park :confused:

So happy everything worked out great w/ the room location and being ready too :goodvibes the pixs look great, lots of space for all of you!!! Can't wait to hear what Tim and the boys thought of staying DVC popcorn::

Glad your room was ready :yay::woohoo: And the pictures of your room are great. Can't wait to see what your families thoughts on the room were. Love your view too

Anxious to see which park you visited first

Nice room. Things seems to be going smoothly this morning!!

Amy, what a beautiful room and a great view.

We rented points in September and it worked out perfectly for us this time.

I've gotta say, that's a lot nicer than our little Pop rooms! :laughing: One could get very used to having it so nice. ::yes::

I loved having a balcony when we stayed at the nice places. It was so nice to go out there in the mornings. :)

Joining in...though I have little to say so far except small pangs of jealousy over your beautiful room. Looking forward to more...

What a great room and I love the location. I am very excited that I decided to take the standard studio and I requested the top floor. I can definitely deal with that view and even though it only saved 7 points, it was just the number I needed to complete my October reservation and not have to borrow.

I bet the boys loved that room and how wonderful to have all that space to spread out.

Do you also own DVC? For some reason I thought you did. :confused3

Can't wait to see where you go first. And congrats on the early arrival and ready room!

The standard studio is a great deal. :thumbsup2 We were really happy with the location. At this point, I still wasn't sure how good the view would be of Illuminations.

We don't own DVC... We have considered it, and it's not completely off the table, but I think our kitchen takes priority. It's very outdated & needs help. ;)

We own a timeshare but it's not Disney. We usually stay off property by using that to exchange. That's what we'll be doing in April.

Getting caught up, i sadly didn't watch the reveal videos as our computer is working like a snail and our sound is not funcioning either :headache: but I'll come back to it later...I'm sure it was good :thumbsup2

sorry the family vvisit wasn't much of a visit w/ them, I like Heidi's suggestion :idea: still thinking of visiting the "other" park :confused:

So happy everything worked out great w/ the room location and being ready too :goodvibes the pixs look great, lots of space for all of you!!! Can't wait to hear what Tim and the boys thought of staying DVC popcorn::

I hope you got a chance to watch the reveal video!

For April, it looks like we're going to stay at Universal for the three nights we would have been with Jeff & Karen!! :cool1: Tim just has to tell Jeff... :rolleyes1

We loved staying DVC! The kids are funny... when they tell people about the hotel, they tell them that they loved it but that we won't stay there again. It was just special for mom & dad's anniversary.

Glad your room was ready :yay::woohoo: And the pictures of your room are great. Can't wait to see what your families thoughts on the room were. Love your view too

Anxious to see which park you visited first

I was so happy that our room was ready! I was not expecting that at all!

Nice room. Things seems to be going smoothly this morning!!

:thumbsup2

The room is beautiful.
Glad you got your requests!

Thanks!!

Yeay for an easy check-in and your room being ready! I love it! It's gorgeous and look at all that space!!! :thumbsup2

The whole resort is so nice... I hope you end up staying there!

Amy, what a beautiful room and a great view.

We rented points in September and it worked out perfectly for us this time.

I'm so glad we did it... it worked out really well. I'll definitely rent points again at some point.

I've gotta say, that's a lot nicer than our little Pop rooms! :laughing: One could get very used to having it so nice. ::yes::

I loved having a balcony when we stayed at the nice places. It was so nice to go out there in the mornings. :)

You know, renting points for a studio isn't much more than the price of a value room... just sayin... :rolleyes1

Joining in...though I have little to say so far except small pangs of jealousy over your beautiful room. Looking forward to more...

We really enjoyed staying at BWV & our gorgeous view. :goodvibes

After we spent a little time getting settled into the room, we headed off to our first park! DHS!!

We decided to walk since our feet were still fresh. We weren't sure we'd be up for it later in the week.
5ec720c0.jpg

27fd021b.jpg

65d266d7.jpg

0554a396.jpg

e254337b.jpg

430f25e6.jpg

c878184a.jpg

82ff37e3.jpg

I was so excited to see the Christmas tree was up:
5b8efbe8.jpg

After a stop at the ticket window & guest relations, we were on our way up Sunset Blvd:

e505a50d.jpg

I think we stopped right away for these photopass pictures.
3db1f6d6.jpg

94d6f100.jpg

21dcc16d.jpg

6f69ab55.jpg

be1db5c8.jpg

There were lots of festive decorations:
ee9e6eab.jpg

7b20b8bf.jpg

Our first stop was Tower of Terror!! The boys both agreed they wanted to ride it this time around but Alex insisted it be first so he wouldn’t be nervous on other rides. We bought the pictures & I got a digital download so it was on our photopass CD that arrived this week:
38e67f22.jpg

After we all survived Tower of Terror (and all claimed to have enjoyed it), we headed to RnRC:
6aac6326.jpg

It was getting close to 1:00 so we stopped for some lunch at Rosie’s All American & Fairfax Fair. Alex & I had chicken while Tim & Zach both had hot dogs. They messed up Tim’s drink so he had to go back & get that taken care of, but otherwise lunch was fine. I took a picture of the cup because I thought it was funny to see all of the Christmas decorations & be drinking from Halloween cups:
d0ccce1c.jpg

Up next was Star Tours:
ce46228f.jpg

46b0980d.jpg

382a165e.jpg

674188ee.jpg

e8efea94.jpg

The ride was a lot of fun & Tim didn’t get motion sick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter