I don't know the first thing about Magical Express!

CarKey

Mouseketeer
I just priced rental cars for my 10 day stay and...wow. $453!! We are going with friends, and we've all decided to go without a car. It happens as often as not, I assured them. I know how to use the buses, and I know to leave lots of time to get to adrs at resorts, but I do not know how to use magical express! I can't find a sticky, could someone give me the link?

After making your room reservation (package or room only) at a Disney's resort, call Magical Express to make that reservation. The number is toll free 866-599-0951. The DME service has no charge other than tipping the DME bus driver particularly for handling larger bags that you carried with you.

You can wait until after you made airplane reservations if you wish to but it is best if you make DME reservations at least 2 weeks in advance. Give the DME reservationist your flight numbers (you can pick any flight number for arrival on your check in day if you don't have yours yet).

You will receive a brochure and also yellow baggage tag strips. The strips are used so DME can deliver your bags to your room without your having to go to the airport carousels (before 10 PM).

WHen you arrive in Orlando (before 10 PM) go to the DME welcoming area, that is on the "B" side of the main terminal building after exiting security. For gates 60 and up, its a somewhat longer walk because it's at the other end. (After 10 PM you have to get your bags from the carousel and then go to the DME welcoming area).

At the welcoming area they will ask you a few questions and take down some information and then direct you to the DME buses.

Arriving in Orlando you don't have to be punctual for DME however going home you are assigned a bus and must be ready 15 minutes in advance of the time confirmed on a note delivered to your room the morning before your check out day. The bus time is about 3 hours before your flight home (4 hours for international and charter guests).

Your airline checked bags should get to your room within 3 hours after you can. It is not necessary to go there and wait; you can go right to the parks if you wish to. To guard against the chance the airlines might "lose" your bags, we suggest bringing a carryon with things you will need for the first 24 hours. For late evening arrivals you can request that bag delivery after 10 be delayed until dawn; at the All Stars and Pop Century, that delay is automatic.

There are two Magical Express sticky threads above. At least one of them gas the toll-free number.
Call the number.
Make your reservation (required).
Wait for your Magical Express packet.
Read the enclosed pamphlet. Call to order more luggage tags if needed.
Pack. Attach luggage tags to luggage as directed in booklet and on tags.
Place booklet with vouchers securely in carry-on luggage, personal item, etc.
Proceed to airport. Check in for flight. Check luggage. Board flight.
Arrive in Orlando. Proceed to DME check-in area. Follow CM direction.

Once you have taken the Magical Express, you will probably always want to use it :love: About 45 days before your trip you will receive your Magic Express packet, think of it as Mickey mail :woohoo: Your bright yellow luggage tags will be there too :yay: All the information you need will be in the envelope so just sit back and wait for your trip :tinker: On the bus you will watch a Disney video that will really help get you in the Disney spirit on the way to your resort ::MickeyMo

Thanks everybody, I shall call tomorrow! As always, I can count on you guys. I'm thinking of the no car thing as an adventure. I imagine it's very nice to leave the park and walk onto a cool bus in June, and I LOVE the idea of forgoing the walk through the parking lots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter