I Celebrated Joe Jonas' Birthday on a Disney Cruise August 6-16, 2011

WDWJonasGirl

Mouseketeer/Directioner
Hi Everyone!!

This will be my first trip report here on the Dis. I came home last night from a fantastic cruise. This was my third Disney Cruise. Here's who all came:

Me- Kaitlin. I'm 16 years old and will be a sophomore in high school :scared1: I'm a fan of AllStar Weekend, the Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber (sorry, I'm a fan), Selena Gomez, Disney Channel, the Disney Parks and all of the Disney Channel stars.

Sister- Chelsea (vanillasoftserve here on the dis) My twin sister who will be a junior in high school. She loves Glee, Disney, Phineas and Ferb, Merlin, and Doctor Who.

Mom- (teriyaki on the dis) A fan of Doctor Who, Phineas and Ferb, Glee, Lumpy the Heffalump and the Winnie the Pooh Gang

Dad- Lover of sports, UCLA (which is where he went to college), the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Los Angeles Kings. He turned 50 this year.

Eric- (Disneyite's boyfriend) Likes Disney. This was his fourth Disney Cruise.

Disneyite- My mom's cousin who loves Disney. Like her, we all played Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom before it shut down in May 2008.

These are all the people who were on my trip. You may be thinking of my name of my trip report is. Well, as I said above, I'm a huge Jonas Brothers fan and Joe's birthday is August 15th. I had to miss his birthday because I would be on the cruise.

The big day finally came!! My parents woke me up at 3:00 in the morning since my flight left at 7:00 AM. We normally take super shuttle to the airport which got to my house at about 4:15. Disneyite and Eric were in the van waiting for my family and I. We then got to LAX (my home airport) where we checked our bags and went through security. While waiting for my flight, we met rsjj and her family who were on the same flight as me. I bought some magazines for the plane. We took off from gate 23 and on runway 24L. After we landed in Vancouver, we had to go through customs and got our baggage. Our driver took my family and I to our hotel and and everywhere we wanted to go to.

The big day finally came!! My parents woke me up at 3:00 in the morning since my flight left at 7:00 AM. We normally take super shuttle to the airport which got to my house at about 4:15. Disneyite and Eric were in the van waiting for my family and I. We then got to LAX (my home airport) where we checked our bags and went through security. While waiting for my flight, we met rsjj and her family who were on the same flight as me. I bought some magazines for the plane. We took off from gate 23 and on runway 24L. After we landed in Vancouver, we had to go through customs and got our baggage. Our driver took my family and I to our hotel and and everywhere we wanted to go to.

Good start!

Today, we went to Victoria. Our tour guide took us on a tour around Vancouver and went on a boat to Victoria. The boat had a gift shop and some places to eat. After a long bus ride, we eventually made it to downtown Victoria. We had ice cream and went shopping. We also went to the Empress and Minature World. Minature World was really cool. We had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory which was where our reservation was. After we ate lunch, we had to hurry because we needed to get to the bus. After everyone got on the bus, we headed to Buschard Gardens. It was very pretty and beautiful. Thank goodness my 9th grade science teacher reccomended it. On our way back to the boat, we met a family who would be on my cruise. That was where I met my BFF who told me about the teen club and I learned that she was from New Jersey.

On the first night, I went to the teen club for the first time. Last time, I had just turned 14 so I couldn't go. When I got there, I sat down when my BFF (who I met two days prior to the cruise) waved at me. She was nice enough to save me a spot. I ended up sitting next to her the entire time. By the way, her name was Christina. The counselors were very funny. One of them made one of the boys sing the first ten seconds of Justin Bieber's song Baby. :lmao: It was hilarious. Alot of the boys there looked cute. The counselors told us all of the cool stuff that we would be doing the whole cruise. Like I said, it was my first time there so Christina answered all of my questions that I had. She did a good job explaining everything to me.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise! We had a great time and so did our kids, but they are younger than you and I've wondered what it would be like for teens!

Great TR .. thanks for starting it.. did you meet my son Eric at the teen club..

Great TR .. thanks for starting it.. did you meet my son Eric at the teen club..
I think I might have.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise! We had a great time and so did our kids, but they are younger than you and I've wondered what it would be like for teens!
Your welcome. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time.

Subscribing! Great start
Thank you!!

Subscribing!
Yay!!! Thank you for subscribing.

Today was our last day in Vancouver before the cruise. We stayed in the room and got some stuff to eat at Tim Horton's. After Tim Horton's, we walked to a church only to discover that there was something going on at that time so we couldn't get in. That's okay because we went to the Fairmont Vancouver hotel. It was very fancy and they have a dog that guests can walk. We ate lunch at the White Spot and went to a drug store and Vancouver lookout. It was really cool seeing Vancouver from up top. After spending some time at the Vancouver lookout, we went back to the hotel and went to the Vancouver Aquarium. It was very pretty and there were alot of animals. I mostly liked the sea otters.

The day I had been waiting for finally came!! :woohoo: We had breakfast at Ricky's Cafe and went back to the room to finish pacling. We then walked to Canada Place, which was where the Wonder was docked. We got boarding group 13 :scared1: which meant that we had a while to wait. That was okay because there were characters in the terminal. The characters that were there were Minnie and Mickey. Minnie was there but right before my turn came, Minnie swapped with Mickey. I was the second person to be with Mickey. After I finished with Mickey, we waited for our boarding group to get called. When our group was finally called, we got our Welcome Aboard picture and we finally got on the ship :woohoo: We ate lunch at Parrot Cay where we ran into the same family I mentioned on Sunday. After lunch, we headed up to the room until the Dis Meet. I loved meeting all of you. After the Dis Meet, we went to do the lifeboat drill and then went to the sailaway party. I actually did not go to the Sailaway party because I wanted to save my excitement for the d23 expo.

After my family came back from the Sailaway Party, we headed down to the shops. There, we met our pin trading girl. Her name was Sammi from the UK, just like my british cousins. My sister and I did pin trading and I went to see Goofy in the atrium. We ate at Animator's Palate where our servers were Julio (our assistant server) and Dinesh. They were the best serving team, ever. After dinner, we went to the room and I had promised my BFF (remember her from the Victoria day?) that I would go to the teen club. When I got there, I found my BFF who was nice enough to save me a spot :cloud9: I sat next to her the entire time. Just as I sat down, the workers came out and told us about all the cool stuff we would be doing. Karaoke was one of them so one of the workers made one of the boys to sing the first ten seconds of Justin Bieber's Baby :rotfl2: :lmao: It was hilarious.

Here are some pictures:

34pge1u.jpg

The view of LAX from my seat

120nxjs.jpg

The year of the Boar in Chinatown. Yes, I'm a boar.

25at75i.jpg

Queen Elizabeth Park Map

Today was our first sea day. My family and I ate breakfast at Triton's and went to a scrapbooking presentation. Mom went to the spa while dad, Chelsea and I went to Bingo. Our bingo queen was Jen from Australia. After Bingo, I wanted to see the princesses but the line was really long :scared1: I went to the shopping presentation instead. Kathryn gave out free stuff during the presentation and I got a bamboo necklace from Cariloha. After the presentation, Chelsea and I returned to the room for lunch. Being the character freak, I wanted to see some characters. The characters I saw were Mickey, Donald, Chip, Dale and Pluto. I was going to see Minnie but the cast member told me that she and Mickey would be on a dinner date and would be on the show. It was formal night and the show was The Golden Mickeys. I love that show and we ate at Parrot Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter