• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Celebrated Joe Jonas' Birthday on a Disney Cruise August 6-16, 2011

Today we went to Skagway. Our shore excuersion was a Yukon bus and train tour. We had to wake up early because of this. Our tour guide and dricer took us on a tour. As part of the excursion, lunch was included. Atfer our excursion, we went shopping and I had popcorn. We ate dinner at Animator's Palate. I left early because I wanted to see some characters. I was the first one to see Tiana. I also saw Lilo, Stitch, Pinnochio and Jiminy Cricket. Before dinner, I ran into Peter Pan.

After finishing with the characters, I decided to return to the teen club for the fourth time. When I got there, I realized that I was behind on my journal so I decided to catch up. Suddenly, it got really loud and people started dancing. It was exactly how my old friend Kristi described the senior excursion to Disneyland to me. Anyway, I had not done the Macarena for a long time and my BFF Christina saw me struggling. She re-taught it to me. I would watch and copy her. It was not easy but eventually, I got the hang of it. We also did the Cha Cha Slide. Like the Macarena, I had not done it for a long time. It was funny because when they asked us to reverse, I did it so fast that I felt like I was doing Kevin Jonas' guitar spin. It was really dizzy and hot after we finished so I decided that I was done for the day.

Before I continue with my trip report, I am going to tell you guys about the d23 expo. You see, my mom is a member of d23 so my family and I went. The Disney legends ceremony took place on the first day. The people who got the legends this year were:

Regis Philbin, Television
Jim Henson, Film
Jodi Benson, Animation (voice)
Paige O'Hara, Animation (voice)
Lea Salonga, Animation (voice)
Linda Larkin, Animation (voice)
Anika Noni Rose, Animation (voice)
Jack Wrather, Parks & Resorts
Bonita Wrather, Parks & Resorts
Guy Williams, Television
Bo Boyd, Consumer Products
Raymond Watson, Administration

It was a beautiful ceremony and the princesses voices sang their songs and at the end, Rowlf and Kermit sang the Rainbow Connection. :sad: After the legends ceremony, we had lunch and I went to see the Good Luck Charlie cast. The only people from Good Luck Charlie that were there were Leigh-Allyn Baker (the mom), Jason Dolley (the older brother) and Bradley Steven Perry (the younger brother). I stayed in the Disney Channel Pavillion to see the Radio Disney NBT's. Later that afternoon, we went to the Small World Pavillion and then I went to see the So Random Cast.

I love your TR Katie! I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time on the cruise :) It's great to relive the trip again by reading your report, and it's always fun to see how your experience was different than mine.

It was so nice to meet all the people from the Dis! Thanks for all the fish extender gifts!

Can't wait to read the rest! :banana:

Your favorite sister (;)),

Chelsea princess:

I love your TR Katie! I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time on the cruise :) It's great to relive the trip again by reading your report, and it's always fun to see how your experience was different than mine.

It was so nice to meet all the people from the Dis! Thanks for all the fish extender gifts!

Can't wait to read the rest! :banana:

Your favorite sister (;)),

Chelsea princess:

Thank you Chelsea. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I must appologize that I have not been updating. I started school this week. Anyway, here is day 2 of the d23 expo.

The first thing that happened was the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. During this time, we got entertained by the radio disney people. The Phineas and Ferb people that were there were Dee Bradley Baker (Perry), Vincent Martella (Phineas) and Alyson Stoner (Isabella). After the meet and greet, I went to the Fish Hooks signing. The free stuff they gave us were Fish Hooks keychains (but with Oscar, Milo and Bea). Unfortuneatley, Chelsea Kane (the blond girl from JONAS and the one who voices Bea) was not there :sad2: I also stayed for ANT Farm. They were all so sweet. I even got to meet China's sisters. I had no idea she had sisters. Here was one of the things that happened:

Me -yelling in the background-: China!!!
China: Hi!!
-holds up a sign that I loved China and she rocked-
China: Thanks. I love you too. You rock!!

The next day, we went to Juneau. We mailed some stuff home so we first went to the post office. We did some shopping and went back to the ship until it was time for our shore excursion. Our group met in the Walt Disney Theater. We watched a video and were put in our helicopters. After we got off on the mountain, we were put in our sleds. We got to ride with the dogs and they were so cute. The dogs each had their own houses with their names on it. After the excursion, we went shopping and headed back on the ship. The show that night was Toy Story the Musical. I liked it and that night was Pirate night. Dinner that night was Parrot Cay and then we went to Shutters. During our time at Shutter's we ran into Pongo & Perdita.

Oh how fun!! Is Juneau as beautiful as I have heard?

Here are the celebrities at the d23 I met:

Friday
Leigh-Allyn Baker
Jason Dolley
Bradley Steven Perry
Hollywood Ending
Zack Montana
Shealeigh
Ladina Spence
Tay Barton
Hayley Kiyoko
Blake Michael
Chris Brochu
Adam Hicks
Matthew Scott Montgomery
Shayne Topp
Damien Haas
Allisyn Arm
Doug Brochu
Sterling Knight
Tiffany Thornton
Paige O'Hara
Bret Iwan

Total: 22

Saturday
Alyson Stoner
Vincent Martella
Dee Bradley Baker
Coco Jones
Kyle Massey
Atticus Shaffer
Noah Z. Jones
Dana Snyder
Chris Massey
Stefanie Scott
Sierra McCormick
Carlon Jeffery
Jake Short
China Anne McClain

Total: 14

Sunday
Rosero McCoy
Roshon Fegan
Davis Cleveland
Adam Irigoyen
Caroline Sunshine
Kenton Duty
Zendaya
Bella Thorne

Total: 8

Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading it. I can't believe so much time has already flown by since we were on the ship. Dreaming about another cruise but it probably won't happen for a couple years! I'm so glad to hear that the teens on the ship seemed to have such a good time, at least that means we can continue cruising with Disney when our kids are older!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter