I am sick!

beautybelle

DIS Veteran
As most of you know, my family and I have been having a very hard time trying to decide where to stay on this upcoming trip. We have went from WL to ASMo and then we decided to go mod. and nailed down CSR. I was thrilled to have finally made a decision. So the very first thing I done this morning was call CRO. Guess what, CSR is book for our time!!! I felt like sitting down in the floor and crying. So now Im right back where I was. Trying to pick something else that will satisfy both my family and my parents. Ok so Im looking at CBR but in truth Im not impressed. I've almost just decided to go offsite again. Does CBR have a laundry, I havent seen any in the pics? I dont much care for the themeing of POFQ or POR. Geez will someone put a smile back on my face?

Dont feel bad beautybelle, I had my heart set on CSR for May 7-14th and they are completely booked for that time also...

I am sorry that you weren't able to book CSR. Out of the 3 moderates we've stayed CSR is our LEAST favorite. We haven't stayed at CBR yet though. There is a laundry at CBR; all WDW resorts have them. I wouldn't go off-site--especially with all the changes--EMHs, etc.

Are you sure you wouldn't like POFQ--my parents would like the small size of the place, and its convenience to DTD. My DD loved the pool and the slide--you can also enjoy the pool at POR.

We stayed at CBR on our very first trip and we loved the resort. The atmosphere feels very "Florida" and is wonderfully themed. Their bus service was the most efficient of any resort that we've stayed at since! The food court was handy and we liked the little beach areas around the lake with play areas and hammocks. Our room was in a building next to one of the quiet pools and their was a laundry there. I think each quiet pool has its own. I know we did use it as I had not packed enough warm clothes for our late fall visit & we needed to wash long pants. I think you would be very happy with CBR.

I don't know your reasons for switching. But we absolutely loved WL during our last trip. We'd choose WL over any other resort on property.

I have stayed at both CBR and WL and I loved them both. I do not think you will be dissappointed with CBR.

All I want to add is that when we took my parents with us we stayed at POFQ and it was great. The resort was small enough for the parents to navigate and very beautiful grounds. My father loved the Jazz music at FQ. The transportation at FQ was great. First stop on and off the bus and the boat transportation to DTD was an added plus

That being said - we have also stayed a CBR and our family prefers POFQ. :jester:

You can't go wrong with WL if you want a deluxe. The lodge is awesome!

I think you will really like CBR it is one of my favorite resorts at WDW! Like others have said all WDW resorts have laundry facilities. I don't know who you are all traveling with, but CBR has a lot of the same facilites that CSR has (i.e. biking, boating, beaches, etc.) The rooms at CBR are also larger than those at any other moderate resort (340 sq ft. vs 314 sq ft.) plus they were refuribished in fall 2002. Some of my favorite things to do at the CBR are using the hammocks on the beaches, being able to see the illuminations fireworks, feeding the fish, turtles, and ducks each morning, walking around the lush grounds, and reading in the courtyards. You could always book CBR or another moderate resort and keep trying to get CSR (maybe some rooms will open up in the near future?). Good Luck :cheer2:

CBR is a beautiful resort. There is laundry facilities at each one of the quiet pools in each village.

You might want to read the CBR FAQ's listed below. I also have lots of pictures of CBR on my website and photo sharing site.

You truly feel like you have escaped to the islands. You can also sit on the beach or in a hammock at night and see the Epcot fireworks. If you have any questions about CBR you might want to post in CBR FAQ part 2 thread and you will get lots of answers to your questions.

We have been twice with extended family and stayed at both the Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans French Quarter. Believe it or not, for the money spent, we enjoyed French Quarter much more and found it more convenient to all of the parks (WL rooms seemed very cramped and dark. The bus transportation was better, as well. My dad loved strolling over to PO-R in the evening and hearing Bob on the piano. Our DD loved the Serpent pool, and we all thought that atmosphere, theming and attention to detail was outstanding. The Castmembers were wonderful! We liked the food court (try the Beignets), and the pizza. Everything was very convenient, no matter which room or building you get. Only request I would make (besides non smoking, as I am allergic) is to not have a view of the parking lot.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope that you find something to please everyone!

Well Im leaning towards CBR now. I've looked at some pics and really I cant tell a whole lot about it. There are a lot of you that say its beautiful. Some of you asked why we changed from WL. Well my mom and dad who are taking my nephew cant afford WL so we went to a mod. We've looked at some pics of ASMo and my dad, LOL who never has an opinion, had an opinion on this. LOL That was funny. But anyway. Reassurances would be heavenly at this point.

Hi there! We've stayed at CBR twice. It's been awhile, maybe 5 years or so, but we liked it a lot! I can't answer the laundry question. It's just me and my DH so we don't deal with laundry on our vacations. We've also stayed at CSR, and it IS our favorite moderate. But, CBR is very nice. We like the Port Royale Marketplace with the steel drums playing in the background, the paths that you can take with tropical birds to stop and look at along the way, and the colorful buildings. We had two great visits there. I think you'll like it!

PamNC

Having never stayed at the CBR, I really can't offer any opinions, but put a positive spin on it and just think that no motter what hotel you are staying at, you are staying at Disney, and that in and of itself is magical.

Another big thumbs up for CBR. I stayed in the Jamaica building and you could see the bus stop from my room. Using that bus stop we were the first picked up from the resort to the parks and first dropped off from the parks which was perfect since I had a bad knee at the time. The resort is huge but very beautiful. Crossing over the bridge to go the food court was very relaxing and soothing. As another poster noted they have the largest rooms of all the moderates and every inch counts, specially when travelling with a group. I loved it there, . :lovestruc you won't be dissapointed. Good luck. HTH :smooth:

I've stayed at PORS and CBR in the moderate category and liked both. I've never stayed at CSR (maybe in August, 2006) but CBR was very nice. The rooms were comfortable, the foodcourt convenient and good and the landscaping is beautiful. You could do worse than to stay there.

I've stayed at all 4 moderates and would choose any of them. I liked POFQ for the smaller size. CBR has very nice landscaping, it really feels like a tropical island. Of the 4, CSR was my least favorite. It's kind of out of the way and I really didn't like the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter