HS lunch recs, please!

HS has very limited options. The only two TS i'd consider would be Sci Fi & 50's prime. Both are good, Sci fi is good for lunch. Their burgers & shakes are yummy and the atmosphere is quite unique and a lot of fun.
50's has yummy comfort food. The antics are funny.

For QS, i'd rather leave the park and go elsewhere. Pizza Planet is beyond disgusting, Starring Rolls has limited hours, options are not very good.

I agree with the PP that 50's and Sci Fi are the best options for lunch at DHS. At 50's I love to get the Fried Chicken entree and then the S'mores dessert, then at Sci Fi my family fell in love with the cheeseburgers and shakes there, I wasn't planning on going back during our next trip (we had done it 2 trips in a row), but DH said there is no way we are skipping out on those :rotfl:. MM is also a good option, but it isn't my favorite. We like to eat there for lunch when doing the Fantasmic Dining plan, the food is good, but not spectacular (I wish they would put more red sauce on their pastas) but the flat breads are great.

We always do the Sci Fi for lunch.

I will say, however, these combined lunch and dinner menus that all the DHS places have now are NOT well received by our family. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want dinner food at lunch! :lmao: I just want a sandwich, or a burger, not a full meal.

I've never been to the World without having a meal at 50's. The down home cooking is a good break from "vacation food".

My family's favorite TS option at DHS is the Brown Derby. We went there for the first time on our last trip and we plan to go back on our next trip. The cobb salad was our favorite.

We used to go to Sci Fi and it was pretty good. It was fun to watch the bad sci-fi movies as we ate, but haven't been in a while.

Went to Mama Melrose once and I can't really remember anything about it. For me, that usually means it wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.

Been to 50's once, but it wasn't our thing. Didn't really like the servers pretending to be Mom/Dad. As a child, I got enough of the "mind your manners at the table" and "eat your veggies" at home that I didn't really want to be reminded of it on vacation. Some folks love it, but not me.

In terms of CS, some of my family liked the ABC Commissary. It had a pretty good variety of items.

Starring Rolls (if it's open) has really good cupcakes. Probably not a really healthy meal, but the cupcakes are really yummy!

For burgers, fries, & onion rings, I suggest Sci-fi. For the highest quality food, Hollywood Brown Derby. HBD is one of the top restaurants in any of the parks. Only a couple of Epcot's restaurants can compete with it. It is more expensive than the other options, which turns many people off. For a light lunch, it can still be a good value for those paying OOP. We also like it for dinner, but wouldn't eat dinner at Sci-fi. If using DDP, it would be 2 credits, where the others are 1.

We (me and my boyfriend) ate at 50's. We loved the atmosphere. Everyone played their part and did a great job making us laugh and have a memorable dinner. As far as the food goes......it wasn't bad just not as good as some other places to eat. We both got the fried chicken dinners. Again, OK food just not great

Our favorite sit down in HS is 50's Prime Time.

Another option not to be missed is the big and delicious sandwiches at Starring Rolls. From the WDW site: Stellar baked goods, sushi and focaccia sandwiches are the stars. Fresh coffee, cappuccino and espresso are part of the supporting cast.

Definitely check the menu because they only have turkey and ham sandwiches. They are so good though that it didn't seem to matter that there was only 2 sandwich choices. We tried to stop by for a light supper last trip but they close in the mid afternoon. I tried to find the info on the hours but I couldn't find it.

Bon appetite!

PS, just saw on another Starring Roll post that TDC Nala said they close at 4pm

I love Brown Derby but we always go for dinner. Its one of my favorite at Disney. Although it is the same menu for lunch, but can be expensive for lunch because of that (it is 2 TS credits if you are on the DDP).

We usually go to Sci Fi for lunch (if going to BD for dinner another night). Its fun to sit in the cars and watch the short movie clips. The burgers & shakes are pretty good too.

We had lunch in February at Hollywood brown derby and it was very good! My husband and I split the filet and a Cobb salad and had more than enough! Last summer we had lunch at sci fi.....it was also very good and a really cool place, our kids loved the cars and the movies!! Have fun!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter