How would you plan this January trip?

mouschievous

DIS Veteran
We've never been before. I know there's a lot we can't know about January, but I have to make some decisions soon so I'm curious what the veterans would do. Here are the parameters:

• We're traveling Jan 11-17 (MLK day)
  • Booked at CBR
  • We have 5 day park hoppers (will change to 4 day if our plans don't allow for 5 days)
  • Park days possible: Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Possibly a partial day Monday, we haven't booked a flight yet.
  • My dad is dying to ride ROTR
  • Want to make it to all 4 parks, but totally ok hopping to Epcot for afternoon/evenings
  • Either Saturday or Sunday will likely be a non-park day (or an afternoon/evening only) due to visiting friends away from the parks
  • We're hosting a family gathering at Paddlefish in Disney Springs on Friday
So, my two questions
  1. Assuming park reservations are still a thing, which parks would you reserve on which days?
  2. What time would you plan the gathering on Friday? We can start as early as 10 am and we have to be done by 3:30 pm. I looked at dinner instead, but it doubles the cost, so daytime it is!

If you really need to ride ROTR, I would book 2 days at HS so you have 4 chances at getting a boarding group. You could hop to Epcot afterwards, or you could even do HS the morning before your Paddlefish lunch and then head somewhere else after!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter