How would you approach FP in this situation?

disneykate28

Mouseketeer
We are coming up on our FP window and I feel a bit more lost compared to our last trip (June 2016). It will be me, H, and my two daughters (3.5 and 8 months).

It's kind of a 50/50 whether DD1 will hit 40" before we go. When we booked I didn't care about this at all since we are prioritizing the holiday decorations, shows, etc. Now that it's getting closer and she keeps talking about how she can't wait to ride Big Thunder Mountain RR and Splash the next time she goes (she doesn't know we are going soon), it makes me wonder if I should try to book some just in case she's big enough to ride. H seems to think she'll be fine, but I am less sure. With the time of year we're going, I have to imagine that same day FPs will be super limited if we can't use the 40" ones. What would you do in this situation?

Also, can someone help explain how I book rider switch if, for example, she were big enough to ride? Do I just book all three of us for the same ride (then what's the point of the rider switch?)?If H and I booked different rides, this throws off DD1's FPs, doesn't it? I can't remember how we approached this last time, but I do know that H would book a ride like Splash and I'd book Space, we'd both get to ride...but did we only book DD1 for two FPs? Can't remember. The baby and lack of sleep have sucked the life from my brain.

No. Book Adult#1 and DD. Adult#2 and DD ride on the Swap.

So ride 1 is H and DD, then swap and I ride with DD. But then ride 2 I FP and she just rides during the swap? So pick one ride she would want to ride twice? I apologize if I am making this more complicated than it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter