How to get married at 45

My experience: I was with my husband 10 years, our daughter was 6 when we married. So I was almost 40. 1st marriage for the both of us. Formal marriage wasn't important to me, and I was surprised when my hubby suggested it. So, I didn't want anything to be a big deal. Plus, anything wedding related is very expensive! We decided on having our wedding at SF City Hall because it was beautiful, but affordable. We only had our parents and child with us. We did want a party, but I had no interest in attendants, or gifts, just our close family and friends to join us for a good time. We found a cute senior center that lent us tables and chairs. Our DJ was very helpful, only charging a party fee rather than a wedding fee since there was no need for announcements and first dances, etc. We had a terrific taco guy, my good friend made our cake/cupcakes, and we provided the alcohol and photo booth. Still stressful because I'm not a natural party host, but very much me. It felt appropriate to my life, and was very satisfying.

The more I think about things I am leaning toward a less formal wedding. I don't think I want to go as low key as City Hall, but I also don't want a huge ta-do. I have planned hundreds of parties and events in my professional life, so it will be fun to do the planning for an event I can actually enjoy. I am not one for having all eyes on me, so I need to keep that in mind too. Everyone's experiences have been very helpful. I am usually bored at weddings, so I want to make sure my guests are enjoying themselves, but most importantly that me and my husband are having a great time. I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head. I just need to reign them in and put a plan together. Thanks for sharing your experience.

The more I think about things I am leaning toward a less formal wedding. I don't think I want to go as low key as City Hall, but I also don't want a huge ta-do. I have planned hundreds of parties and events in my professional life, so it will be fun to do the planning for an event I can actually enjoy. I am not one for having all eyes on me, so I need to keep that in mind too. Everyone's experiences have been very helpful. I am usually bored at weddings, so I want to make sure my guests are enjoying themselves, but most importantly that me and my husband are having a great time. I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head. I just need to reign them in and put a plan together. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Let us know what you finally decide so we can live vicariously through you.:love:

At this point I would opt for a small wedding- justice of the peace type thing and then go to dinner with maybe your parents and his parents.

A couple that I know had a big annual crawfish boil. They got married at their crawfish boil. Very casual, very fun. They had a minister and took a break in the middle to marry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter