How To ESTA

wayneg said:
As long as its valid thats fine. Same with Passports for all scheduled airlines(need to double check for charters) no minimum amount required for passports, just need to be valid for dates of travel.

Excellent. Thanks as always for your help :)

Hi,
Apologies I haven't read the full thread but wanted to check something.

I travelled out to Florida in July and applied for the ESTA. I'm now going again over the Halloween period, I know the ESTA is vaild for two years but can you do multiple trips within that time frame or do you need to reapply every time you head out to the states?
Thanks for your help.
:goodvibes

Hi,
Apologies I haven't read the full thread but wanted to check something.

I travelled out to Florida in July and applied for the ESTA. I'm now going again over the Halloween period, I know the ESTA is vaild for two years but can you do multiple trips within that time frame or do you need to reapply every time you head out to the states?
Thanks for your help.
:goodvibes

You can do as many trips as you want within the 2 years. There is an option to update your ESTA with your latest travel plans but its optional, I don't bother.

You can do as many trips as you want within the 2 years. There is an option to update your ESTA with your latest travel plans but its optional, I don't bother.

Thanks for clearing that up Wayneg! :) Saves me spending an extra $15 on the ESTA when it can go towards a surprise dinner for my girlfriend at California Grill! :cool1:

My boyfriend's one responsibility for this trip was to check if we need any sort of visa to which he said "no".
Thank goodness for disboards! :rolleyes:

~kathryn~ said:
My boyfriend's one responsibility for this trip was to check if we need any sort of visa to which he said "no".
Thank goodness for disboards! :rolleyes:

That will teach you a valuable lesson!! Made me smile :)

Hi I just wanted to warn people to apply well in advance for your Esta especially if you may have to answer yes to any of the questions as i did, little did i know because my son is severly autistic and has self harmed im now waiting for a visa which has cost us alot of money and is causing me sleepless nights. This dosent obviously account for all kids or people with mental disorders.

we go in April so it isnt that long to get it sorted.

anyone else been through the same ?

mandylou:sad1:

Hi I just wanted to warn people to apply well in advance for your Esta especially if you may have to answer yes to any of the questions as i did little did i know because my son is severly austic and has self harmed im now waiting for a visa which has cost us alot of money and is causing me sleepless nights. This dosent oviously account for all kids or people with mental disorders.

we go in April so it isnt that long toget it sorted.

anyone else been through the same ?

mandylou:sad1:

Hi Mandy

Sound advice there - it has always been the way that you need to apply well in advance of your trip. Most people that need a visa due to immigration laws will probably already know, but as you say with your son it will sometimes come as a surprise to some that they will also need to go through this process.

Hope it all goes well for you and that you can start to get excited about your trip :goodvibes

I am filling in ESTAs for the first time today! Stupid question, but will I be filling in the form 4 times, one for each of us, ie having to input my credit card number 4 times?

need some help guys, decided to print out my esta's just incase of any problems in march and we have noticed that i have put my wife down as male.This has not went down well..lol.
Have had a look and can't seem to change it online. Can i just leave it as it is or will i need to pay for a new one.

In the FAQ it says:

"If an applicant made a mistake on their passport or biographical information he or she will need to submit a new application. Associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted."

So it seems as if you would need to enter a new application.

I read recently about someone else doing this, they were told to leave it as it was but I have no idea where I read it now.
Could you send them an email and ask?

need some help guys, decided to print out my esta's just incase of any problems in march and we have noticed that i have put my wife down as male.This has not went down well..lol.
Have had a look and can't seem to change it online. Can i just leave it as it is or will i need to pay for a new one.

I took this from the US Customs and Border Protection website

1. Information about your passport- such as the expiration date or passport number, biometric information - such as your name or date or country of birth is wrong.
The only way to correct that type of error is to reapply. You should be able to make a new application if your previous application was approved. Just go into the application system and click on "Apply" button. You cannot use the update function to make a change on your passport or biometric information. If your previous application was approved, the system will not let you reapply until you close your browser after the first try. If you just applied, and are having difficulty changing something, try closing your connection to the Internet, and then opening it again. You might be told that an existing application is already in the system. If any biographic information in not correct, the application is not valid and you must click continue to proceed with the new application. Once you submit a new application, the old one will automatically be voided. Note: It is important to PRINT a copy of the document for your records. The printout is not required upon arrival into the United States, as the officers have the information electronically. Some airlines require the printout upon check-in, please check with your respective airline.
If for some reason, you are unable to reapply - even after closing and reopening your browser, click on the "Ask a Question" tab at the top of this page, and in the question box, give us the original application number, if you have it; the full name; passport number; date of birth of the applicant; contact phone number (including country code), as well as a description of what was entered incorrectly. We will review your application, and notify with next steps.

As I read it you will need to reapply. You could go down the "Ask a Question" route and see what they come back with but there are no assurances that they will be able to sort it out.

Hi,
we went to disney in sep 09 so would i be right in thinking that our esta is still current for our may trip this year?
There were more of us that went in 09 does that matter? im thinking no but just want to ask you wonderful dissers so that i can relax:goodvibes

Hi,
we went to disney in sep 09 so would i be right in thinking that our esta is still current for our may trip this year?
There were more of us that went in 09 does that matter? im thinking no but just want to ask you wonderful dissers so that i can relax:goodvibes

ESTA is valid for 2 years unless you update your passport, info here for what you can & can't be updated https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHelp/ESTA_Screen-Level_Online_Help_1.htm#APA6
Everyone has to apply for their own ESTA so doesn't matter how many travelled last time, you should all have your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!