How To ESTA

Also remember it is valid 2 years from the date you created the ESTA, not when your trip was.

So if you did it shortly before your trip in Sept. 2009, say Aug. 2009, it will expire in aug. 2011. But if you already did it in Jan. 2009 it would expire in Jan. 2011 and you would need a new one for the May 2011 trip.

Thanks for that brandis - im not very organised so im thinking i probably did them close to our trip but is there a way to look up my old esta? i dont have the esta numbers.

Originally you absolutely needed the ESTA number to look it up and edit it later, but since you have to pay for it they luckily added another search option.

When you are on the ESTA page, just click the link saying "If you are missing your Application Number, please click here". Then you can enter your name, birthdate and passport number.

Once you are logged in, you should also be able to see when the current ESTA expires.

Thanks for the help - i was right i was not very organised and so our estas don't run out until september hooray a small saving:laughing:

Thank you for the link. Estas done and approved. I have kept a note of the numbers but haven't printed anything out as the printer cartridge has run out but reading this thread not having a hardcopy isn't a problem. :goodvibes

Thank you for the link. Estas done and approved. I have kept a note of the numbers but haven't printed anything out as the printer cartridge has run out but reading this thread not having a hardcopy isn't a problem. :goodvibes

No you don't need a hard copy. As long as you have the numbers to hand you will be fine but you probably won't need those either.

Sorry I haven't read back over all the responses so I don't know if this has been asked.

But I am filling in our applications now, do I have to pay the processing fee of $4.00 for each person, as I am filling in 5 I kind of got the idea from somewhere that I was applying on behalf of full family so pay the $10.00 fee for each one of them but only one processing.

Does this make sense.

Kirsten

Sorry I haven't read back over all the responses so I don't know if this has been asked.

But I am filling in our applications now, do I have to pay the processing fee of $4.00 for each person, as I am filling in 5 I kind of got the idea from somewhere that I was applying on behalf of full family so pay the $10.00 fee for each one of them but only one processing.

Does this make sense.

Kirsten

Its a total of $14 per person. https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHelp/ESTA_Screen-Level_Online_Help_1.htm#UTA7

I have looked through the whole thread and I haven't found this query, so I'm thinking I might be the 1st

I was wondering if anyone else has had this. I recieved an email in my spam mailbox yesterday:

"ESTA-SYS-SUPRT@cbp.dhs.gov ESTA Expiration Warning"

I haven't clicked into it yet as I am always wary of these sorts of emails in my spam box eg HSBC/Lloyds etc wanting details.

I am thinking my esta would be running out soon as we had a trip May '09 so I possibly did them about this time 2 years ago.

Another way to check is to hover over the link and see what address comes up in the bar at the bottom of your page. If it is genuine it will be the address for the ESTA site. If not it will be something totally different and will look pretty much like a set of random numbers and letters.

Thanks - I think it is genuine. I have just found the printed documents I kept back when I did them and they say April '11. Shame I have to pay, wish I had thought to redo just before charging came in.

i just got the expiration email too, but i applied for our ESTAs on 23rd august last year, i thought they lasted 3 years and all i'd have to do this year is go in and update the flight and address details?:confused3

i just got the expiration email too, but i applied for our ESTAs on 23rd august last year, i thought they lasted 3 years and all i'd have to do this year is go in and update the flight and address details?:confused3

They last 2 years unless your passports due for renwal. Check you passport expiry dates.

:wizard: ah!thank you! my daughters is due to expire in May, so i need to apply for new Estas for all!!! :sad1:

Hi,

I've scrolled through and can't seem to find my answer so I'm hoping you may be able to help me?
Two things...my husband took down our 3 codes at the end of the ESTA form filling process and has now lost them, do we need them and if so how can I find them? Secondly, having only applied for ESTA's once before I have forgotten whether or not I'm waiting for something in the post, notification of application, something to take to the airport?

I await you replies with thanks :thumbsup2

Although I know you got your answer on a different thread I will put the answer here too as someone else may need it in the future.
There is ne need to retain the authorisation codes that are issued to you at the end of the application process as everything is stored on the computers for when you travel. Remember that this is an authorisation to travel - not a Visa - so will not automatically gain you entry into the country.
When we had completed our applications we did print the information off but that was just for our own peace of mind - there was no requirement to do this nor where they asked for by immigration in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter