How to check in when half of our party is getting in early?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I am going to POP with my aunt and cousin who are flying in from a different state than me. They will be getting to MCO at 10 am and I will be getting in at 2pm. However since I made the reservation I am having the magic bands sent to my house (and I don't want to mail them their MBs because I don't trust the postal service enough to get them there on time).

They are not going to want to wait at the airport until I show up so are they going to be able to take the Magical Express and check in even though they won't have their MagicBands? How will they be able to do all of this?

I am going to POP with my aunt and cousin who are flying in from a different state than me. They will be getting to MCO at 10 am and I will be getting in at 2pm. However since I made the reservation I am having the magic bands sent to my house (and I don't want to mail them their MBs because I don't trust the postal service enough to get them there on time).

They are not going to want to wait at the airport until I show up so are they going to be able to take the Magical Express and check in even though they won't have their MagicBands? How will they be able to do all of this?
They will be able to catch the Magical Express to the resort when they arrive at the Orlando airport. They should have a copy of the ME reservation letter with them and the resort reservation information. They can also check into the room ahead of you since they are listed on the reservation.

Since they won't have their MagicBands until you arrive they could ask at the front desk if they have any extra bands that they could have. I know that the resorts always have a supply of bands for people who lose their MB's so hopefully they will be able to give your aunt a cousin a pair of bands. They can also use the MDE app to unlock the resort room door once the room has been assigned. :)

Without a MB the others in your party won't be able to get into the room, go to the parks etc. 4 hours is a long time for them to wait unless they plan to go to DS or the pool while they wait for you.

A PP advised you can get another MB at the front desk which I think they can but I also wonder if that then invalidates the one you are bringing with you. Just something I would look into further if the MB color ( or if a special one was purchased ).

If it were me, if they are at the same address I would UPS them their MBs in the original packaging and call it a day.

Without a MB the others in your party won't be able to get into the room, go to the parks etc. 4 hours is a long time for them to wait unless they plan to go to DS or the pool while they wait for you.
Sure they will be able to get into the room. They just need to stop by the Front desk. They will be offered generic MBs or RF Cards that can be used for room door access and park access if tickets are part of a package.
A PP advised you can get another MB at the front desk which I think they can but I also wonder if that then invalidates the one you are bringing with you. Just something I would look into further if the MB color ( or if a special one was purchased ).
No impact to @Rebecca Pocahontas her MB and all the MBs that were mailed will work just fine. The front desk would just be adding MBs or RF cards.

Dave

If it were me, if they are at the same address I would UPS them their MBs in the original packaging and call it a day.
None of that is an issue. They can get in the room and go to the parks by stopping by the front desk and getting bands or a card. That does nothing to the other bands.

Just to summarize - for DME you can scan and email them the voucher you receive or just make sure they have the confirmation number of your resort reservation and they can check in to DME. If they want to use the luggage delivery feature of DME you may want to put the yellow bag tags in the mail to them, alternately they can give their airline baggage claim tickets to the CM when they check in for DME and the bags will be delivered to your resort room.

If their name is on the room reservation they can check in, give their cc'd for room charging and they will either receive a card or MB for room access. If they happen to have other MB's from prior trips those will work as well. MB is just like a key to your account, you can have as many or as few as you like.

Most likely your room won't be ready when they arrive, so room access shouldn't be an issue. I just did this with friends who arrived before us. They had MBs from a previous trip and I just gave them the confirmation number for Magical Express. No issues whatsoever. Your party can easily get another MB from the front desk that they can use if they don't have any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!