How scary is the Clown Slide at BW Pool?

We spent one of our best days at WDW, right at this very pool. I felt no Steven King influences and YES, I did read "It." If you walk up to the pool from the left side, toward the snack bar, you really don't even SEE the stupid clown! My son, who just turned 5, LOVED this slide ... he went down over and over again.

Clowns aside, this is a fast slide. My son begged me to try it and I did. About half way up, I panicked. I am TERRIBLY afraid of heights. Wen I got to the top, the lifeguard asked me if I was OK! I admitted I was afraid of heights and was trying to figure out the easiest way down -- steps or slide. I finally went down the slide and (perhaps because I am a chunky-monkey Mom?) I went FAST! I tried to get a grip but I was terrified... Check this one out yourself before you let a child go down! Again, I have mental health issues with heights. .. My kids LOVED the whole area including this slide.

Get the PB&J kids meal! Two great little round crustless sandwiches, a big cookie and chips for $4! This will give your child the energy to resist the clown...

The clown slide is more scarey to adults than to kids. I still think it would be better if they turned it around and had you slide INTO the clowns mouth!!;)

HBC

My DS, 6, hates all clowns w/a passion; we coudn't go down to the floor for Ringling Bros. circus because he didn't want to be anywhere near a clown. As far as he's concerned the only good clown is Ronald McDonald! However, he loves the Keister Coaster & doesn't care one bit that the front is a clown face; it's his favorite slide on property, and the pool on a whole only ranks slightly below SAB on his rating chart.
My guess is if my clown-phobic DS isn't bothered at BWV, neither will your child be upset. I say go for it!!!

Originally posted by DeeP
The clown slide is horrible, it will give you nightmares for weeks. Avoid this pool at all costs, matter of fact avoid this whole resort at all costs, there is a definite Stephen King infuence throughout the resort between the clown slide from "It" and and the long, scary hallways from "The Shining", if you look down the long, long, long hallways long enough you will see the ghosts from the Shining slowly coming towards you! It is enough to scare the crap out of anyone, definitely avoid this resort and pool.

This fellow BWV owner completely agrees with you! :teeth: :p

P.S. For those of you who may not know, all of these scary clown threads are regularly started by a select group of BWV owners who want to keep BWV all to themselves. They are the same group of people who secretly post under the screen name "Richyams" and try to get people to stay at OKW. Don't say you were never warned!!

Carol,
Shhhhhhhhh, don't let our secret out. We all know that BWV is a haunted, scary place. Heck it is where the 999 grim grinning ghosts come to vacation from the Haunted Mansion so they can join their ghost friends from the Shining and Pennywise from It. And boy do these guys party into the wee hours of the night, they greatly add to the terrible noisy atmosphere of this haunted resort with their shrieking, moaning and rattling of their old, dry dead bones, it is horrible!

I heard that the housekeepers are really clowns. I'm not possitive, but a reliable source said there was knock on their door for trash & towel service. When they opened the door, there was a clown with an armload of towels trying to come into the room.
I have heard of several reports of this happening, but the members are never heard from again to confirm it.

We took my son to BWV when he was 2, and he loved the "clown pool." He still fondly talks about going there. I personally don't get the fear of the clown pool posts; it's a slide, and a fun one at that. I think that most kids will love the entire theme of the pool, spraying elephants, merry-go-round pool bar, circus train playground, and clown rollercoaster slide. I know my family, including my toddler son, did.:D

Untitled_1.png

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

:crazy2:This thread gave me a good laugh! The creepy clown pool is ond of the reasons I didn't end up buying BWV.:crazy2:

I really can't figure out why that stupid clown hasn't been replaced considering the humungous amount of complaints it gets.

It's such a lovely resort and I cannot stand the clown. Course I don't like any clown.

We never noticed the clown... But I agree it's scary. Which means everyone should book somewhere else instead. Keep the std and bw views open for me please!!. Lol.

Last edited:
Last weekend, that pool was very crowded with unafraid happy families. I could understand the uneasiness if all the CMs at the pool were dressed as clowns(!). However, the slide is a giant plaster/plastic cartoon rendition of a clown with which most folks apparently have no problem.

We just got back home on Sunday. It doesn't bother me, and I am not a fan of clowns. But the kids club was doing a game and asked if anyone knew the name of the slide. One kid said the creepy clown slide haha!

My 9 yr old loved the slide, she went over and over and over. She slept well every night!

Wow - what an old thread! And yet the Clown remains the same. :rotfl:

I have never understood the issue with the clown slide.

Then you don't have coulrophobia.

There have been some pretty scary uses of clowns in books and movies. The Poltergeist clown and of course Pennywise top the list for me.

I will be going in April for the first time and definitely won't be watching either poltergeist or the it from now until then. And that picture at nighttime with the eyes lit up? Scary...

My DH is afraid of clowns and we are staying at Boardwalk in June, it should be fun!

I grew up with Bozo the Clown stories. I like the pool and the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter