How old were your kids the first time they went to Disney?

How old were your kids the first time they went to Disney?

• under 1 year old

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • 1-2 years old

Votes: 58 47.2%
  • 3-4 years old

Votes: 34 27.6%
  • 5-9 years old

Votes: 34 27.6%
  • 10+ years old

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
We brought our 7 month old son and 27 month old daughter. We brought them both on everything they were allowed to go on. Obviously, we wouldn't have brought our son that young on his own but our daughter at just over 2 loved it so much (and our son did too). Still hasn't stopped talking about Mickey, the boat (It's a Small World), the castle and the fireworks even months after. We're going back in a few months. She'll just randomly come over to me and say "see castle" or "we go in the boat." She loves Peter Pan so she knows exactly when Tink is coming out during HEA.

Most of all, we had an incredible time with them.

We went for my son's 2nd birthday. :) Aiming to go again when he's just barely 10, which was how old I was the first time I went to Disney World.

23 months!

Then we went again a year later when she was just shy of 3. She liked different aspects of both trips but talks more about the one we just on and was more into everything. She did have fun both times though and loved meeting Mickey & Minnie

7, but that was mainly a Universal trip with just one day at MK. He’ll be 10 for his first big Disney trip.

Our sons were 8, 6, and 2 on our first family trip.

Fast forward a few years of yearly trips and our DD joined the family and has already been twice - at 6 months and 10 months.

Took our eldest when she was almost 3 (still free!) Now taking our second daughter when she's almost 3 as well. At that age it's more character meet and greets, and the eldest doesn't remember that trip, but still great memories for us.

The best age is 4-5 IMO. Everything is still real and magical and no diapers or stroller to deal with.

DS had just turned 2 when we first traveled to Disney....we have been returning every year since.

My daughter was two. We are going in 15 days to celebrate her 3rd birthday. We decided she enjoys trips more then expensive birthday parties that only our guest get to enjoy. Last year she was mad at me because I didn’t have the time to play with her :( because I was busy making sure others were being taken care of.

My friend said oh I would never bring my kids they are to young. I feel sorry for them! Your baby may not remember but all the memories are stored in their little minds like LEGOs. Your creating your little human and it’s going to effect who they are going to be. Under two they are free so why not start building their happy childhood now? Especially if you have grandparents that would go with you. God forbid but I know since I just lost my mom, photographs mean so much when you can no longer take them. A beautiful memory with grandparents at Disney what better to hand down ❤️

I'm expecting my first child this summer, and can't help but wonder when her first trip to Disney World will be! When did you first take your kids?
Not a parent or anything but I'm a sister. My first time to Disney World was when I was 3 or 4 I believe

Our oldest was 10 months. The middle 2 were 2 and 3 respectively (same trip). The youngest was 3 months. My mother thought I was crazy taking her that young but the smile on her face when Goofy played with her at Cape May made the whole trip worth it.

For my money, 4-5 seems to be the best age for the kids to go. Everything before that is mostly for us as parents.

Son was 9 months old on his first trip, daughter was 5 on her first trip (these two examples were not the same trip)

My oldest was 2 the first time she went. We went again when she was 3. When my youngest was born she was 6 months and my oldest was 5. We did a trip when they were 2 and 7 and then I took just my oldest when she was 8. We plan on another trip next summer when they are 5 and 10 but I am really trying to get there again as my youngest pretty much asks me every day if today is the day she gets to go to Disney to meet all the princesses. Mom guilt is high.

We took my son for his first visit when we was 2.5. My first visit was when I was 4. My husband's first visit was when he was 25!

Oldest was 12 months when we went to Disneyland (I am from So Cal., it was just a trip to visit family and we did one day there).

For WDW...oldest was during the week he turned 3
Twins were 2.75...trying to get as close to 3 as possible but that have Sept birthdays and we can only travel on school holidays

I thought I'd be in the minority with my son b/c I hear so many people say that you "should wait". (First time to a Park was DL when he was 1.) But the poll proved otherwise!

When I got pregnant with OS, I always figured we'd wait until he was 5-6 years old to take him on his first trip...

...which lasted about a year before I decided that nah, we're going ASAP. He doesn't remember most of it, but ultimately, I realized that it wasn't for him so much as it was for me--the memories I have of him enjoying those magical experiences while still young enough that the line between reality and fantasy was really blurry are absolutely priceless. It also helped us to slow down and not take the parks at such a frenetic pace. 10/10 highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter