How old were your children when or if you had them take swimming lessons?

I did private 1:1 lessons for my son at 4 because he was very scared of water and wouldn't let go of me in the pool, and I needed him to learn to be water safe (non negotiable). It cost $1200 but was worth every penny. He is now 14, loves swimming, and can proficiently swim laps for exercise in the summer. He still remembers his stroke training from age 4.

My other son was self taught at 2. He also self taught to ride a bike around 4. Thes irony is that he has absolutely NO athletic ability now, at 13.

My daughter was a month shy of her 4th birthday when we started swimming lessons. A little over a year later she decided what she really wanted to do was be like the big kids (swim team). This past September (a few weeks before her 6th bday) she achieved her goal and is currently the youngest member of the swim team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter