How Old is Too Old?

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
I’m curious…because I know my Disney Days are numbered…how old was the oldest person you’ve known who goes/went to the park? My friend who goes with me each Christmas and I joke we will be racing each other on scooters before too long.

While my Menieres has changed a few things for me, I am enjoying my visits as much as I ever have, just differently. It’s no longer about how many rides can I squeeze into a day, but the enjoyment of doing favorites. Alice and Peter Pan are always guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

Am anxious to read your comments…I bet someone knows who’s 90 who still goes…maybe itsYOU!

Well, if it tells you anything, I first went to Disneyland in 1957. I don't remember it since I was just a baby, but...there probably aren't a WHOLE lot of people who can say that, which means I'm rather vintage.

I still buy my annual pass--or rather, my MK--and intend to for as long as it brings me joy. I have no idea how long that will be, but I have no intention of quitting any time soon. I turn into a kid as soon as I hear the music, and for I'm-not-sure-what reason I just feel life's pressures melt away for a time. It's all tied into nostalgia, happy memories, and whatever that magic is that hits me when I step onto Main St.

I'm with you--Fantasyland holds a special place in my heart.

I took my mom when she was 82 and she enjoyed it but got pretty tired. I ended up pushing her in a wheelchair which made me pretty tired! But I'd booked us with concierge at GCH and she LOVED going to the lounge when she wanted to relax. The attendants would bring her things and she like sitting there reading her book in between park visits. I was there with my girls so we made sure someone was always with her. Mom is 92 now and would not be interested in going since it would involve a flight, hotels, etc. She's still pretty spry but that would wear her out.

My stepfather was 87 on his last trip. Originally, he declined our offer to join us, than changed his mind telling the grandkids "Riding Soarin' was on his bucket list."
After we enjoyed the ride, my DS announced "Pops, you can die now, you finished your bucket list". A cast member heard this exchange and offered to let us ride again, which we loved!

My grandma has had a yearly ritual to go to Disneyland on her birthday for as long as I can remember. Her birthday's on November 20th and she loves the decorations and the overall feel of the park. Despite scooting around on a scooter for the second half of the day due to her legs just not being what they used to be, she says the sounds, smells and sights make her feel young again.

She turns 88 this year 😊

My grandma has had a yearly ritual to go to Disneyland on her birthday for as long as I can remember. Her birthday's on November 20th and she loves the decorations and the overall feel of the park. Despite scooting around on a scooter for the second half of the day due to her legs just not being what they used to be, she says the sounds, smells and sights make her feel young again.

She turns 88 this year 😊
Bless her heart…that’s just how I feel! I wish her many more trips to come !

When I turned 33, I celebrated at Disneyland. I felt a little silly with my birthday button because all the others celebrating were in single digits. Then I met a gentleman whose birthday button said 83. I decided I wanted to be like him in 50 years!
That's one of my favorite things about Disneyland! You're never too old. I think most of us who keep going back embrace our inner child while we're there :)

So just for fun, here's a picture from Nov 1973. I'm the one in the hideous orange bell bottoms and suede clogs 😂
I love this picture! That was the era when my mom would wear polyester pantsuits and heels to Disneyland.

My sister and I were there last week. You are very right about the nostalgia and happy memories pulling us back. My dad passed away 8 years ago -- he started going in 1964. He would be appalled if he knew what we were paying to get in these days!

And just last night we were talking about when the ticket booths used to be in that location, and how we wouldn't know what rides were closed until we saw them listed on a board at the ticket booths. 😄

We just bought DVC at the ripe age of 47 last year - and doing the math (47+50 = 97) has inspired us to get into better shape to extend our travel years as long as possible. I figure, if you're mobile enough to make a couple of laps around the mall, you're good to go for a Disney vacation ;)

First DVC purchase at 67 years old. I use my Annual Pass and DVC Points to keep me walking (and walking, and walking). I no longer see the Park as a race (although would walk the 5k in a heartbeat), but as a place to enjoy the ambiance, food, shopping, people watching. I still go on rides, but only a few per trip, and my day at the park is typically shorter too (early am, then a break, then pm until I'm ready to call it a night). I hope I'm still there at 100 - gotta justify that DVC purchase ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter