How often did you move home as a child?

Also five - all in the same town, though, so I never had to change school districts.

We moved into the home I grew up in when I was three years old. My sister and I inherited it after our parents passed away and sold it in 2018 - 64 years later. The cool thing is - my parents’ great-grandson still lives (part-time) in the home, as we sold it to his dad.

I did end up with amazing parents. They completely changed my life and I'll never forget the love they gave me.
Happy to hear that, my self was and am extremely lucky to have the parents that I do and still have them alive in their mid 80’s. My wife adopted 2 infants who are now gown and has given them very good lives.

Air Force brat here, moved 14 times by the time I was 18. Went to 3 different schools as a Freshman in High School then had to move half way through my senior year. I was not happy about that one. :(

Air Force brat here, moved 14 times by the time I was 18. Went to 3 different schools as a Freshman in High School then had to move half way through my senior year. I was not happy about that one. :(

3 different schools for 8th grade, but I was fortunate to go to the same high school all 4 years

I went to 10 different schools by 9th grade. I was able to move in with my dad 9 weeks into 9th and stay put until graduation.

Lived in the same house growing up. My parents built a new house when I was in college. Lived there only a short time during a few summers and after graduation.

Never-my father was offered a job promotion but it meant moving across the country when my brother and I were both in high school and both of us said we were not going, I was going to go live with a friend and he was going to live with a relative in the area- my mother then said she was not going if we were not so he didn't end up taking that job and we stayed right where we all were.

Moved twice before I was two, but I don't remember. Third house we lived in until I graduated from high school.

My dad was in the US Forest Service, so we moved each time he got promoted to a new assignment. When I was born, we lived in USFS housing in Northern Ca. At 3 years old, we moved to a rental house in LA County for a year+ until my parents saved up and found a house to buy in the next town over. We were there until the start of 3rd grade. Then we moved back to Northern Ca for grades 3-5 (lived in FS housing until we could build our own house on an adjacent lot), then back to LA County for grades 6-10. At that point my dad got transferred back to the Washington, DC office for grades 11-freshman year of college. I didn’t change colleges though. Transferring in the middle is high school had been traumatic enough. And going from LA to the DC area had been a bit of a culture shock. So while I stayed at my university all 4 years, my parents moved to San Diego County (uprooting my brother and sister in the middle of high school), and they still live in SD County all these years later.

8 houses, 7 towns, 2 states as a kid.

Even though all that moving made me the outgoing, can do anything person I am, I didn’t like not having a sense of “home.” I wanted my own children to have a house to come back to that felt like home, that had their heights with dates written on the wall, and was full of memories. We moved once when my first born was 1 year old and haven’t moved since. The house we are in now is the only one my kids remember.

Never. I moved out for uni when I was 19, but before that I have always lived in the same house. My parents still live there

Two moves, three different houses.

When I was a infant, we lived with my mother's widowed father (my grandfather), while Dad was in medical school and residency.

When I was five (1964), Dad became a partner in a very small medical partnership. We moved about a half hour away. Close to the hospital and office.

When I was in 6th grade (1971), we moved into a much bigger house; again close to the hospital and office.

Except for college, I stayed there until I got married in 1985. Mom and Dad downsized to a condo about a year later.

Two home. I lived in the first for the first 15 years. When I was in high school, my grandmother needed more help than my parents could manage while still managing their own home. So, we moved to the family farm (at the other end of shared property - probably a mile away?). I lived there until I got married at 22. My parents still live there.

6 as a child, that I remember. I think we moved once or twice before I turned 3 too. My parents rented apartments until they bought a home when I was 10 and Mom enjoyed moving, all in the same town.

DH and I have lived in 2 houses since we married in 1975.

Only once, before I was old enough to remember. My parents moved in with my Dad’s grandparents to care for them in their last years. Dad then inherited the house and farm and my parents lived the rest of their lives there.

Every 3 years or so. I was just thinking yesterday that I've lived in my house for almost 16 years. That's the longest I've lived anywhere in my 51 years.

How often did you move home as a child?

A lot. My dad was in the Army, we moved about every 12-18 months until I was 10 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter