How often did you move home as a child?

We moved into my childhood home when I was 6 months and then lived there my entire childhood until I moved in my 20s.

My family moved when I was 5 and again when I was 12 (that was a rough move, from a small town to a large city and I didn't feel like I fit in for 2 years).

After several apartments as a young adult, I got married in 1987 and we bought the house we just sold last week, so my kids never moved during their childhood.

I'm a brat - so 11 times before I turned 14. But, I did get to go to the same high school all 4 years.

Last edited:

We moved when I was 5 months old and when I was 5. My parents lived in that house until I was 33.

We moved when I was in 3rd grade. So I lived in two houses as a child.

We moved to our current house just before my son turned 3. He’s lived in two houses but he doesn’t remember the old house. My daughter has only lived here.

We moved after kindergarten, after 5th grade, after 6th grade and stayed there until I was grown and married

We moved to a new town when I was two, rented for two years and then bought. My parents still own the home 55 years later.

2 houses as a child with my parents
2 as an adult with my wife
4 houses total in nearly 64 years all within 6 miles of where I live today.

Moved into the house when I was 2 and lived there until I was married. My dad had moved into the house when he was 12, got married and moved back in at 22 after his parents died. I had the same bedroom my dad had had. My parents eventually sold it and downsized.

We moved into our current home when DS was 3 and he lived here until he was 25 when he bought a house with his now wife.

I spent a majority of my childhood in foster care so I moved dozens and dozens of times before I was finally adopted. I didn't move after that.
It’s very sad that you or any child would have to go through that. I hope you ended up with good people.

3 times. Once as a baby so no biggy. After 6th grade to a great town and school. Then after 9th and HATED IT. Tiny town, only new kid entire high school time.

Hated it so much I refuse to move until my son is out of high school. I will never do that to my child
If I can avoid it.

Same for me - I never moved either

Army brat, so moved a lot when I was very young. I don't remember much of it. My Dad's final station was when I was 9 and we stayed in that area after he retired. I went to High School there and still consider it home, though they are both gone and neither my siblings nor I still live there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter