How often can you eat at Palo

abuck75

Mouseketeer
Is the rule that on a 7 night cruise you can only book Palo once? Once for Brunch and once for dinner? Does this change if there are openings later in the cruise?

Once you are onboard, you can book Palo for as many times as they have openings. I do not know if they will let you book every day at once, but I know of people who ate there every night.

I’ve read that you can book Palo for dinner the first night in addition to another night.

You're correct! I'd forgotten about that. I think we've only sailed once since they made that policy change, and it was a cruise when I wasn't booking any meals at Palo.

Yes you can potientially book 3 meals at Palo online prior to your cruise
  • one Brunch
  • Dinner the First night of the cruise
  • Dinner a different night

You can ONLY book two nights dinners IF one of the nights is the FIRST night of the cruise.

Once onboard, you can meet with the Palo dining team on embarkation day to arrange other meals. Even though Brunch's are "sold out" online prior to the cruise, they hold some back so that people can book onboard. I assume they do the same for dinners. Additionally, you can go to Palo to talk to them about making additional ressies during the times they are open.

And finally they can add you to a waiting list in case someone cancels.

You it's very likely that you will be able to dine in Palo more than the "standard" 3 times.

Is the rule that on a 7 night cruise you can only book Palo once? Once for Brunch and once for dinner? Does this change if there are openings later in the cruise?

On my first DCL cruise, 7 night, one of my table mates ate dinner at Palo every night. She then had coffee with us. I was at the solo table. Another table mate we never met.

We had 1 brunch and 3 dinners on a 7 night on the Magic and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend it.

Thank you everyone.

If we want to book prior to the cruise, it's basically a crapshoot which dining room you'll skip?

On a 7 night western carribbean on Wonder we won't have any idea which meal we're skipping if we book early, correct?

Thank you everyone.

If we want to book prior to the cruise, it's basically a crapshoot which dining room you'll skip?

On a 7 night western carribbean on Wonder we won't have any idea which meal we're skipping if we book early, correct?

There's a couple options. 1) You can book Palo for Pirate Night so you know you'll still be experiencing the 3 main dining rooms twice and you know which menu you'll be missing. 2) You can request a specific dining rotation so the night you'll be dining at Palo is on a night which you want to skip the MDR. The dining rotation requests aren't guaranteed but I've received my requested rotation any time I've submitted a request.

If you aren't concerned about which restaurant you'll be missing, but rather which menu, you can book Palo during the second half of your cruise. The 1st 3 nights are the rotational menus. The last 4 nights have the same menu in all 3 of the MDRs. Look at the menus on disneycruiselineblog.com and pick the menu you are least interested in and book for the night offering that menu.

If you are planning on eating in Palo many multiple times, you probably won't over indulge ....
but ...
As a General Rule I would NOT book Palo Back to Back ... ie: Brunch and Dinner on the same day, not Dinner last night and brunch today.

there again if you are planning on eating there 4 or 5 times you probably won't be trying everything every time :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!