Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $18 - 20

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • $20 - $25

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • Greater than $25

Votes: 95 62.5%

• Total voters
Everything old is new again. The business model of pay once and enjoy is done, buried, over. With automatic withdrawals the concept of pay per dip is back, stronger than ever. Three years out the entry fee stays the same, but now to ride Haunted Manion you have to pay to ride via Genie+. Just like an E ticket business model. Lots of little charges that add up to bug business. Do you have a Disney+ account that automatically withdraws payment each month? Add ILL$ to your Disney+ account through MDE! What could be simpler? Wave your smart watch and walk right in, you won't be consciously aware of how much you spent until after your trip. Where will the cost of Genie+ be in five years? I am thinking lower, but in a whole lot of places, some we can't imagine as "pay for" service today.

I voted for $25, simply because disney will not stop the nickle and diming until we make them. there are no signs that people are going to stop them.

It will be $20 and then every ride will have a charge from $5-$20 a ride. So you pay $2000 to get into the parks for a few days and will also have to pay for each ride if you want to bypass the standby line.

I can’t predict pricing but I would not be surprised if there isn’t a “schedule your favorite three rides in advance for an extra $XX per person, per day” on top of whatever they’re charging for G+ in the future.

AKA FP+ merging with G+ and all for a fee!

I can’t predict pricing but I would not be surprised if there isn’t a “schedule your favorite three rides in advance for an extra $XX per person, per day” on top of whatever they’re charging for G+ in the future.

AKA FP+ merging with G+ and all for a fee!
As much as they would love to do that, they just don’t have the right capacity for it.

At least universal gives an option for people staying in certain tier resorts to get the express pass for free, unlimited. Its incentive to stay on property (at least they did pre Covid, haven’t been in a couple years).

They still do. Early Entry (hour before) and Express UNLIMITED passes.

They still do. Early Entry (hour before) and Express UNLIMITED passes.
Do you know, is the Express Pass that's included with your stay at certain Universal resorts the Express Pass (can only use it for an attraction once, like the new G+) or the Unlimited?

Do you know, is the Express Pass that's included with your stay at certain Universal resorts the Express Pass (can only use it for an attraction once, like the new G+) or the Unlimited?

If you are staying at Portofino, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific - the Express UNLIMITED Passes come with your stay. It's unlimited. It allows you to skip the line at each eligible ride as many times as you want.

Regular Express Passes only allow you to skip the line only once per ride. Unlimited is as many times as you want. That is a big perk of staying at a Universal deluxe resort.

Reactions: AJA
If you are staying at Portofino, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific - the Express UNLIMITED Passes come with your stay. It's unlimited. It allows you to skip the line at each eligible ride as many times as you want.

Regular Express Passes only allow you to skip the line only once per ride. Unlimited is as many times as you want. That is a big perk of staying at a Universal deluxe resort.
Thanks. I knew they offered the 2 types. Just wasn't sure which one they included with the specific resort stays. It is a big perk - we've used it, but it's been years.

Thanks. I knew they offered the 2 types. Just wasn't sure which one they included with the specific resort stays. It is a big perk - we've used it, but it's been years.

I'll be able to confirm this in about 2 weeks.

In about a week, I'll be doing a quick visit to Epcot/HS with 1 day park hoppers and Genie+. Later in the week, I'll be heading over to Universal for a stay at Royal Pacific with 3 day park hoppers with the included unlimited Express Passes.

Maybe I'll get motivated and write a side by side comparison.... Or maybe not. 🤷‍♀️

30-40 dollars if the system stays as-is for the most part (G+ and ILL$ separate) but if it combines into one like Universal's pass, I can see it being $50+

Technically, it's already $16! People buying it have to pay almost $1 in taxes upon purchase - not something Disney tends to mention! I do disagree with Grasshopper201, though. A form of G+ will be with us for awhile. There will be tweaks, but it'll be with us. It lasted for years at DL with a very similar product, MaxPass.

But those people who predicted a few years ago FP+ would not last - turns out they were right! So who knows!

They didn't have Maxpass when I was last at DL (2016), so really it was around for only a few years. It sounds like it was awesome though.

I think $20 seems to be a good spot for it to go for now, any more than that, and I think a majority pass on a daily basis. You would probably see it used in MK, but AK, Epcot, and HS, no shot.
Comparing Genie+ to other theme parks is dangerous, I think everyone would agree that Disney entered the breach of paid for line skipping, different then anyone else, so treating them like they are somehow equal is a mistake. US is able to offer an Unlimited pass, because they simply do not have as much demand as WDW, If WDW offered an unlimited pass like Universals, it would be your only option if you didn't want to wait in 3hr long lines for dumbo haha. i guess all i'm trying to say is that it's not really apples to apples when comparing, more like apples to hammers haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter