Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $18 - 20

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • $20 - $25

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • Greater than $25

Votes: 95 62.5%

• Total voters
Technically, it's already $16! People buying it have to pay almost $1 in taxes upon purchase - not something Disney tends to mention! I do disagree with Grasshopper201, though. A form of G+ will be with us for awhile. There will be tweaks, but it'll be with us. It lasted for years at DL with a very similar product, MaxPass.

But those people who predicted a few years ago FP+ would not last - turns out they were right! So who knows!

I do disagree with Grasshopper201, though. A form of G+ will be with us for awhile. There will be tweaks, but it'll be with us. It lasted for years at DL with a very similar product, MaxPass.
Maybe, but at some point, the tweaks will become significant enough that it's hard to say that it's really the same product as today. If it is tweaked to be more like MaxPass, for instance (so that it no longer excludes the top rides and no longer prohibits re-rides), then that's a totally different animal (and one that would cost a lot more!). I suspect that the new version would get a different name, since people are going to associate "Genie+" with "not worth the money." But even if not, I think you and I are actually on the same page. I can see that sort of product (or, more likely, a pure ILL$ system) existing in 5 years, possibly still under the label "Genie+." But I just don't see the current monstrosity, or something fundamentally like it, lasting that long.

Last edited:

I'm going to pull some made up numbers out of nowhere.

Let's pretend Disney prices have inflated 3000% since 1971. So 60% every year or so.

That means $24 in 2022. $38 in 2023. $60 in 2024. $96 in 2025. $153 in 2026.

Universal Express passes already start at $80ish.... Just saying.

Look at Disneyland's MaxPass for an example.

It launched in July 2017 for $10pp. In January 2019, it was raised to $15pp. In February 2020 it increased to $20pp, so in less than 3 years the price doubled. I think its feasible Disney raises the price to $30pp by 2025.

A lot of people said Disney Genie+ is giving people a choice to pay for it or not and this is "better" than raising ticket prices by $15pp, but this actually gives Disney multiple avenues to raise prices. Ticket prices will still go up, and Genie+ will more than likely go up in price too.

Last edited:
I think a big part of it will depend on the system as well and how they update it over time. It is exremely cheap compared to every other line skip program at other parks, but you are more restricted with it. Have to get a return time and wait for it (or two hours) to book another, so can only hit so many rides with it. Whereas other parks are much more expensive but offer much more open use for their passes.

$25 and the addition of a Genie Magic Carpet Bundle that includes the IAS at a reduced cost if you buy them all together as a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter