How much to tip for $14 hair cut?

Wow......the salons you guys are talking about are so cheap. I pay $23 for my 12 year old son's haircut. Mine and hubby's are 38$, I think.

Now, he does an amazing job and I would not switch but..........I can't believe the cheap prices you are listing. I pay more to have my eyebrows waxed than the cost of the haircuts being listed.

I would say if you are going to use the same person each time and like what they do then 20%

$2-$3 depending on the service level. (20% is only $2.80)

On a basic cut at a basic price at a basic salon--I can't see any justification for more unless you hit upon a gem of a stylist who really should be working at a higher end salon.

Yes this seems to becoming the trend around here. They don't wash your hair or dry it either. So I just give them $2.00

Seriously, I can't imagine cutting someone's hair without washing it. Even if I was doing a dry cut, I'd have to wash and dry it first. Ick. :laughing:

$2-$3 depending on the service level. (20% is only $2.80)

On a basic cut at a basic price at a basic salon--I can't see any justification for more unless you hit upon a gem of a stylist who really should be working at a higher end salon.

My free haircuts are the same as my regular priced ones. They'd be the same as a 200.00 one too.

And just to say...someone may pay 14.00 for a really terrific haircut and someone may pay 50.00 for a pretty lousy one. After doing hair for 27 yrs., I can tell you, a good hairdresser has nothing to do with the cost of the service. A general rule probably is that the higher end salon will have better hairstylists but often a very good stylist doesn't want the drama, egos, and fake clientele that often comes with a high end salon so they choose to work in a lower cost salon. just my .02.

Seriously, I can't imagine cutting someone's hair without washing it. Even if I was doing a dry cut, I'd have to wash and dry it first. Ick. :laughing:

My free haircuts are the same as my regular priced ones. They'd be the same as a 200.00 one too.

And just to say...someone may pay 14.00 for a really terrific haircut and someone may pay 50.00 for a pretty lousy one. After doing hair for 27 yrs., I can tell you, a good hairdresser has nothing to do with the cost of the service. A general rule probably is that the higher end salon will have better hairstylists but often a very good stylist doesn't want the drama, egos, and fake clientele that often comes with a high end salon so they choose to work in a lower cost salon. just my .02.

I wouldn't get my hair done without having it washed either, but it's really becoming the standard in my area. Heck, around here, a guy can be in an out in 10 to 15 minutes. I think $3 is plenty for that situation.

If he wants out in 15 mins, I can get him out in 15 even with a shampoo. But I'd rather have a bit more time because I like to talk. And 15 mins. is pushing it. :)

True--but $14 haircuts for me have been pretty basic, trim up the split ends and then go about my day. Done in about 20 minutes including wash. To me 20% is fair. I can't help that they charge budget prices and I'm not going to leave a 40% tip just for fun unless there was something just special about the stylist and her (usually a "her") skills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter