How much to tip for $14 hair cut?

mickeymedic

<font color=red>Loves Off Kilter<br><font color=te
I go to Super Cuts to get my hair cut. I am not a fancy hair kind of girl. I spend 5 minutes or less on my hair in the morning. I never really knew what was appropriate to tip for a hair cut - is it 15-20% like you tip a waitress in a restaurant? Is it more? Is it less?

So, Dis friends, what would you tip for a $14 hair cut?

I go to Super Cuts to get my hair cut. I am not a fancy hair kind of girl. I spend 5 minutes or less on my hair in the morning. I never really knew what was appropriate to tip for a hair cut - is it 15-20% like you tip a waitress in a restaurant? Is it more? Is it less?

So, Dis friends, what would you tip for a $14 hair cut?

If they did a good job, I'd probably tip about $3-4.

Last week, I got my hair cut at Bubbles. It was $30 and I gave an $8 tip.

I'd give $3 (and I just switched salons, and instead of paying $60, we're down to $40).

Anytime I go there it's between $3-5. Depends on who I get and if I like them. There is one lady that is just very cold and rude ... she gets $3!!

I just went to a new salon that a hairdresser opened up a few weeks ago. She charged me $23 for a totally new haircut, wash, dry, style .... :eek: It was great!! I gave her $10.

My kids haircuts are $16.00, I tip $2.00.

When I go for my color and highlights (to the same hairdresser) my bill is a little under $100.00 and I tip her usually $15.00-20.00.

My kids haircuts are $16.00, I tip $2.00.

When I go for my color and highlights (to the same hairdresser) my bill is a little under $100.00 and I tip her usually $15.00-20.00.

Reason number 72 why it's better to be a guy.

My haircut costs $15 and I always leave a $6 tip because the barber does an excellent job.

It depends. If they did a good job and were nice, I would tip $3 to $4. If they were exceptional, I would round up to $20. (BTW, if it were my first time having them cut my hair and I intended to go to them regularly, I would probably round to $20 to ensure good service in the future).

I go to Hair Cuttery. I've got a stylist there who does a very good job. She's the only one in the place I will allow to cut my hair. I think the cuts are like $16. I always tip $5. She's always glad to see me walk in the door, so I guess that's a decent tip?

I would give her $3 probably. I had my hair cut the other day, it was $19 for a wash, cut and style and I gave her $5. I usually like to tip 20% but I do round it up, and if it comes to $4 then I figure why not a $5 bill. I used to love it when my restaurant customers rounded their tip up like that. :)

Thanks everyone! I've been tipping $4-5. There are always different stylists every time I go. Some of the girls take more time with me than others. The ones I like the best have gotten $5. The rest get $4. Glad to see that I was in the right ballpark.

It depends. If you were in an out in no time flat, I'd probably leave $3. Sometimes in our area, people don't even get their hair washed, let alone styled, or maybe a fast blow dry. If you got a shampoo and full style, I'd definitely up that.

It depends. If you were in an out in no time flat, I'd probably leave $3. Sometimes in our area, people don't even get their hair washed, let alone styled, or maybe a fast blow dry. If you got a shampoo and full style, I'd definitely up that.

Yes this seems to becoming the trend around here. They don't wash your hair or dry it either. So I just give them $2.00

If there is a separate person doing the shampoo, I usually give them $1 or $2 and then the haircut person 15-20%. If the haircut person also does the shampoo, I give a little more.

I adore my hairdresser. I found her about 3 years ago after a lifetime of so-so ones (and coloring my own hair). She does an awesome job, and she's extremely nice on top of it. We've bonded. :) When she washes my hair, it's REALLY good...like a massage. Just saw her today...$80, cut and color; I gave her $20. And a baby gift, even if she is abandoning me and my hair to have a baby in a few weeks!

With hair like mine (frizzy...VERY), finding a great hairdresser is a godsend. I want her to be happy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter