How much notice has been given?

Our May cruise was cancelled about a month prior to the sail date, and our August cruise was cancelled around two months before sailing. So both well after PIF.

We're booked on the 2021 Westbound Panama Canal cruise, our PIF is late Oct, we will go PIF and if they cancel we'll just hope to shift over to the 2022 WBPC. It is what it is.

Our PIF date is today for an Oct 12 cruise on the Magic. No word so far on cancelling. We're paid in full and I've bounced back and forth between wanting to cancel and wanting to keep it. Since it's an OBB, I finally decided to go ahead and keep it. I'm near 100% sure DCL will cancel us, but regardless, we won't be cruising. The 15 days gives us a chance to rebook without penalty, but hoping they cancel and we get the bonus offer. I suspect due to the new no penalty re-booking we aren't going to see a cancellation until that has passed. I think they're really trying to cut down on the number of discounts they're putting out with all these cancellations.

We are booked on a 11/14 sailing our PIF date is 3 days away and still no word from Disney.

Our PIF date is today for an Oct 12 cruise on the Magic. No word so far on cancelling. We're paid in full and I've bounced back and forth between wanting to cancel and wanting to keep it. Since it's an OBB, I finally decided to go ahead and keep it. I'm near 100% sure DCL will cancel us, but regardless, we won't be cruising. The 15 days gives us a chance to rebook without penalty, but hoping they cancel and we get the bonus offer. I suspect due to the new no penalty re-booking we aren't going to see a cancellation until that has passed. I think they're really trying to cut down on the number of discounts they're putting out with all these cancellations.

There are a ton of discounts out currently for sailing from early October through February 2021. Celebrity is advertising big discounts for sailings this October through May 2021. They will get these ships sailing with even 40% capacity if they can manage it

I’m on the 9/29 Fanatsy and our PIF was July 1st. If they are cancelling anything beyond September 15th it’ll be awhile before we find out. You can’t assume the environment now will be the same even in the beginning of September. I’ll take my chances and wait it out!

I could be wrong, but I feel Disney is only cancelling after the PIF dates. They also state on their website you need to be PIF to get the 125%. I stopped holding my breath and just paid. If they hold true to form, I assume the next batches will be canceled end of July, early Aug.... we shall see.

i have a dec 12 2020 sailing. pif is aug 10. REALLY NOT SURE WHAT TO DO:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I have a few questions.
1) are you a silver or gold member If yes continue to question 2
2) are Planning on going on a Disney Cruise regardless if you leave in December or the next date that is best available for you if yes go to question 3
3) can you wait until the day before PIF if yes go to question 4
4) do you want 125% credit for a later cruise if yes research the other components of your trip that are subject to refund, lift & shift, or not :mad:
5) would lift and shift be an option if you waited 15 days prior to sailing if yes continue below.
If everything is a yes above then you really have your plan already made. If you hit any NO’s along the way then sadly you had no choice anyway. You must break from the cruise before PIF.
I don’t think my January 11 will sail and I think project “warp speed” will just be getting off the ground then. But your only a month before me so Christmas magic, pixie dust and a Hail Mary is all you need. Good news is if you get a lift and shift to next December some of the restrictions will be gone.

Our April Fantasy cruise was cancelled two weeks before its scheduled departure, and the August Magic cruise a couple of months earlier - still inside the PIF date.

If your cash flow allows it and you intend to take another DCL cruise before Apr 1, 2022, pay in full now. Get the 125% FCC - as you can always convert it to a refund later. The prices (and availability) for the cruises next year are not looking pretty.

I could be wrong, but I feel Disney is only cancelling after the PIF dates. They also state on their website you need to be PIF to get the 125%. I stopped holding my breath and just paid. If they hold true to form, I assume the next batches will be canceled end of July, early Aug.... we shall see.

Yes, they seem to be waiting until after PIF. The reason being is because if you're not PIF and they cancel, then your deposit is auto-refunded. If you are PIF, they do not auto-refund you at first and have the ability to get you to rebook so they get to keep all your PIF money which is well above the dollar amount of just a deposit. Yes, people who are not PIF could re-book later as well after the auto-refund but it's only going to be 10%-20% deposit and not 100% like PIF money is. So DCL is incentivized to cancel after PIF. The latest round of CDC ban covers the cruises that are already well past PIF, so I'm not sure what DCL is waiting on to officially cancel our cruises. They've already received all the money they are going to get for these cruises, why not do the right thing and officially cancel so that we can make other arrangements? Concierge have their money locked in and are stuck until DCL makes a move.

Yes, they seem to be waiting until after PIF. The reason being is because if you're not PIF and they cancel, then your deposit is auto-refunded. If you are PIF, they do not auto-refund you at first and have the ability to get you to rebook so they get to keep all your PIF money which is well above the dollar amount of just a deposit. Yes, people who are not PIF could re-book later as well after the auto-refund but it's only going to be 10%-20% deposit and not 100% like PIF money is. So DCL is incentivized to cancel after PIF. The latest round of CDC ban covers the cruises that are already well past PIF, so I'm not sure what DCL is waiting on to officially cancel our cruises. They've already received all the money they are going to get for these cruises, why not do the right thing and officially cancel so that we can make other arrangements? Concierge have their money locked in and are stuck until DCL makes a move.
TUSM for explaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter